Has anyone cast out demons?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So There is this man that is homeless. He rants and raves and is almost impossible to approach. He goes to church. I gave him something to eat the other day and it was almost like he was a child trapped in a body over run with demons. It made me want to cry. You can tell that he is in there with vile spirits. Someone told me it is schizophrenia. I asked has anyone tried to cast out demons and I was told no. I feel for this man. He is obviously coming to church for help. I have never tried to cast out demons but Jesus said we have that power. Should someone try that with this man?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes. Many times. I have been involved in this area (Deliverance) for twenty plus years. It is important to be very carefully when dealing with those who have schizophrenia, bi-polar or any other kind of mental illness as they need counseling and deliverance [casting out demons] and not just deliverance.

This can be a long process of deliverance and then maintaining that area of freedom and then deliverance and maintainence and so forth... you also need ministers who are sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the word. I’m not sure I can do anything to help him it’s just the Lord has really put him on my mind lately.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I went to a 5-day ministry retreat where we learned about true repentance, confession, footholds, crucifying the carnal nature and breaking generational curses.
In the evenings, we would back to our rooms and apply what we learned as we did business with God.
On the morning of the fifth day, we had our deliverance session. It was an eye-opener, to say the least.
I also learned what Matthew 12:45 means.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I highly recommend Derek Prince's videos, "Release From The Curse," and, "Basics Of Deliverance." They're on You Tube.

Reactions: Helen and Mantis

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Keep being kind to him like you have been. Keep him in your prayers and if it is possible, find out if there is a deliverance team in your church or another church in your area. They cannot not be novices. Being led by a minister or someone who is known as a leader in your church. Perhaps a pastor, a couple or ministry team. There needs to be gifts of wisdom, understanding, Knowledge, discernment, prayer, biblical knowledge and the prohetic flowing...the Holy Spirit will guide them accordingly..

The key element in deliverance is knowing who you are in Christ. Know your authority!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok thanks for the word. I’m not sure I can do anything to help him it’s just the Lord has really put him on my mind lately.

As @Angelina said… be careful…

Don’t take it on unless …1) You hear clearly from the Lord to do so.
2) if you have no experience , then you won’t have confident authority and will fail , and the man not helped.
3) I have never ever done it alone.
4) once committed , I tell you it can last three days if they have many demons …so you need a few of you to trade off with.

Angelina has the wisdom here …she is well seasoned ..

many blessings …

Praise , brings brings down the walls of the enemy.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS

One person was delivered through nothing more than constant worship songs , day and night .
After all, if those things are going to stay around , we said , “then we will drive you mad through worship…” Which obviously they hate ..It burns them…
Finally one by one they left…..but that is never the end of the matter , there can be years of TLC aftercare.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I don't feel qualified at all to take on something like this. I don't know why the Lord has me thinking about him but he does. This church is attracting these types of people. It's quite fascinating. I do want this guy delivered. Maybe I should talk to the pastor. I have been told that this church has some of the best Christian councilors around.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find fascinating is this guy can hold it together during church. As soon as he is outside he is ranting and raving, talking to himself. I'll bet the demons can't stand being in the church around worshiping believers.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While I was at the retreat, the Lord said to me, "What I'm doing in you I'm going to do through you."
I cast a Jezebel spirit out of a woman once. Being a worship leader, I tend to be a target of such things.
Dealing with the spirit is the easy part...

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I was at the retreat, the Lord said to me, "What I'm doing in you I'm going to do through you."
I cast a Jezebel spirit out of a woman once. Being a worship leader, I tend to be a target of such things.
Dealing with the spirit is the easy part...

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to be careful about this stuff. You are getting into this “Pop Christianity” area which isn’t CHRISTIAN at all. Yes you should pray for this man and regularly! Somebody who has problems with booze, drugs, immorality and all the rest isn’t “possessed”! They are sinners...like the rest of us! Often times this society, in its efforts to dress up things like this in a tuxedo, will give it an excuse to direct attention from those who willingly choose a sinful life. Don’t fall for it.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
RW...you should learn the difference between oppression and possession.
As I repented of my sin and changed my behavior, I was freed of demonic influence.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to be careful about this stuff. You are getting into this “Pop Christianity” area which isn’t CHRISTIAN at all. Yes you should pray for this man and regularly! Somebody who has problems with booze, drugs, immorality and all the rest isn’t “possessed”! They are sinners...like the rest of us! Often times this society, in its efforts to dress up things like this in a tuxedo, will give it an excuse to direct attention from those who willingly choose a sinful life. Don’t fall for it.
I understand what you are saying but I have no idea if he uses booze or drugs. He may be just someone who needs help.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh I don't feel qualified at all to take on something like this. I don't know why the Lord has me thinking about him but he does. This church is attracting these types of people. It's quite fascinating. I do want this guy delivered. Maybe I should talk to the pastor. I have been told that this church has some of the best Christian councilors around.
Please talk to your Pastor, definitely and if your church has Christian counselors, all the better. Deliverance ministry is not something that normal churches like to address because ministers in this area really need to be trained and their life needs to be pretty clean because those very demons they are trying to cast out will address any hidden secret's you may have in your private life and reveal them. Be assured!

There is a significant difference between deliverance from past or present demons and demons of mental illnesses. The latter is entrenched in the persons psyche and it takes a lot of obedience, patience and discernment to undo. Thank you Holy Spirit.

@Mantis you seem to have a very compassionate spirit. Perhaps the Lord wants you to go down this avenue in the future. :) Perhaps he will train you up xox

Reactions: Mantis

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So There is this man that is homeless. He rants and raves and is almost impossible to approach. He goes to church. I gave him something to eat the other day and it was almost like he was a child trapped in a body over run with demons. It made me want to cry. You can tell that he is in there with vile spirits. Someone told me it is schizophrenia. I asked has anyone tried to cast out demons and I was told no. I feel for this man. He is obviously coming to church for help. I have never tried to cast out demons but Jesus said we have that power. Should someone try that with this man?
Don't try to cast out schizophrenia. The problem with the homeless in my area is that they either won't take their meds or can't because they don't have access to the medical system. Schizophrenia is a chemical problem with the mind. Possessed is something else. He would need a healing and that is unlikely.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;" - Mark 16:17 In us and through us, Lord Jesus!