Has anyone here ever read this document?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that is understandable. Not many forum people want to be preached at in two or three long, long, boring posts.
The thing is, the matter is complex in its historical setting. Without understanding its path, joining the dots correctly is nigh impossible.
TheHolyBookEnds presented the case so it can be studied in ones own time with all the detail there. If that is considered boring, if that doesn't give the instant gratification that folk want and that is implied in your post above, then folks will stay in the dark.

You can be taken to the goldfields but unless you put some effort in and dig, chances are you won't find much.

Reactions: brakelite

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The thing is, the matter is complex in its historical setting. Without understanding its path, joining the dots correctly is nigh impossible.
TheHolyBookEnds presented the case so it can be studied in ones own time with all the detail there. If that is considered boring, if that doesn't give the instant gratification that folk want and that is implied in your post above, then folks will stay in the dark.

You can be taken to the goldfields but unless you put some effort in and dig, chances are you won't find much.
The phrase 'mark, read and inwardly digest' is sometimes used to describe meditation in the Word.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase 'mark, read and inwardly digest' is sometimes used to describe meditation in the Word.

Unfortunately people like "BookEnds" mainly just want an audience. If I want to study something, I do it.... and it is never in the context of a forum that truly IS geared to momentary entertainment, it usually comes in the form of several fairly comprehensive books on the subject.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect - and have heard other believers say the same - that the Pope is the antichrist. How can Catholics who are born again continue to attend a church where they covered up abuse of children?
Probably the same as Protestants who attend their churches and close their eyes to all of the sexual abuse going on there.

If you think this is just a "Catholic" problem - think again . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unfortunately people like "BookEnds" mainly just want an audience. If I want to study something, I do it.... and it is never in the context of a forum that truly IS geared to momentary entertainment, it usually comes in the form of several fairly comprehensive books on the subject.
I suspect that 'christianity' for the majority is just another form of passing the time and as you say, momentary entertainment pretty much like any other sport. Truth is hardly a consideration and righteousness is not even on the horizon. What matters is nothing more than ego satisfaction.
Tapped rightly from a worldly perspective it makes money akin to any business.

I did not get the impression that BookEnds wanted an audience. If that was his objective he would not have posted what he posted.
He had given folk and opportunity to explore prophecy and scripture from an other than orthodox angle.
The verdict is plain, they didn't want it. The power of tradition prevailed.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its clearly not solely a 'catholic' problem. Protestantism is abandoning its roots and going back to Rome and subsequently saddled with the same issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect that 'christianity' for the majority is just another form of passing the time and as you say, momentary entertainment pretty much like any other sport. Truth is hardly a consideration and righteousness is not even on the horizon. What matters is nothing more than ego satisfaction.

I did not get the impression that BookEnds wanted an audience. If that was his objective he would not have posted what he posted.
He had given folk and opportunity to explore prophecy and scripture from an other than orthodox angle.
If I want to know something about a subject, I go to people who have devoted months, and even years, of their lives to studying it and who have invested months of time to create volumes that address nothing but that one subject, not someone who put a few hours into a forum post or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps not "just" but PRIMARILY. Yet the pope continues to divert attention and obfuscate, trying to blame Satan instead of his miscreants. Once you clean up your act, you may be in a position to talk about Protestants.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its clearly not solely a 'catholic' problem. Protestantism is abandoning its roots and going back to Rome and subsequently saddled with the same issues.
Sexual molestation has absolutely NOTHING to do with ecemenism with the Catholic Church - but thanks for that idiotic premise . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps not "just" but PRIMARILY. Yet the pope continues to divert attention and obfuscate, trying to blame Satan instead of his miscreants. Once you clean up your act, you may be in a position to talk about Protestants.
No – not even “primarily”.
The Catholic Church is simply the biggest target.

The problem is far worse in the Protestant sects. Some scholarly, peer-reviewed studies put it as high as 38%. That’sTHIRTY-EIGHT PER CENT.

Protestant author Philip Jenkins lays out the statistics in his book, Pedophiles and Priests and states that Protestants are living in abject denial over this. He also points out that the reason the Catholic Church is being pursued is because of its perceived wealth. In other words – there is simply not enough money in many of the smaller Protestant sects for lawyers to go after.

Keep living in denial . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sexual molestation has absolutely NOTHING to do with ecemenism with the Catholic Church - but thanks for that idiotic premise . . .
you want to blame Protestants BOL while dismissing the responsibility of your Catholic buddies. How can something so subjective have any clarity?

B

brakelite

If I want to know something about a subject, I go to people who have devoted months, and even years, of their lives to studying it and who have invested months of time to create volumes that address nothing but that one subject, not someone who put a few hours into a forum post or two.
Interesting. That is precisely, even word for word, what the Pharisees said about Jesus.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. That is precisely, even word for word, what the Pharisees said about Jesus.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Acolyte
B

brakelite

We can agree that it is false.

What is the next one on your list we can agree on?

Curious Mary
So you can decide for yourself what is good and what is evil? What is truth and what is error? Therefore your question... Who decides??..... Is answered.
By the way, you are likely aware are you not that Haitians consider themselves Catholic right?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you want to blame Protestants BOL while dismissing the responsibility of your Catholic buddies. How can something so subjective have any clarity?
I'm not dismissing one single guilty priest or church official.
I am simply pointing out to some of YOU who are living in denial that this problem is alive an well in YOUR churches . . .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HBE should have stuck with blogs, IMHO.

Reactions: Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do understand what you are saying here QT, we need to diligently seek Him and, that is much study. If I were to reply to even one if his posts, I would never be able to check out new notifications, or read other's posts. My own opinion is that HBE's posts would have been better served in the blog area.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do understand what you are saying here QT, we need to diligently seek Him and, that is much study. If I were to reply to even one if his posts, I would never be able to check out new notifications, or read other's posts. My own opinion is that HBE's posts would have been better served in the blog area.
Hebrews 11.6 says: '...He that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him'.