Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord! I am blessed over your persecution of me.

I believe that all will notice that when it comes to accusing, I have not thrown the first punch; unless you want to count the fact that I subjected you to the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7...if you had not failed the test, there would be no ill-speaking of you.

You have one that accuses you; and that is the One who inspired 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7 to be written. He is the One who convicts you of sin and righteousness and judgment.
Just can't help yourself, misquoting scripture and making accusations. Your time is short.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just can't help yourself, misquoting scripture and making accusations. Your time is short.
Believe what you want to believe.

I know that I, @justbyfaith, am beloved of the Lord; and that I have merely subjected you to a test of scripture: but that you have failed the test.

If you want to say that I am the accuser of the brethren, or that the accuser is behind what I am saying, then I wash my hands of you.

The Bible says to reject a heretic after the first and second admonition.

I think that I have admonished you enough times to now obey the scripture that I am speaking of.

I know now (from that same scripture) that you are warped and sinning; condemned of yourself.

Titus 3:10-11.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 91:14, Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15, He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16, With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't constructive to argue the spiritual over the physical. BOTH are true. Both are realized in Christ who is both God and man.

There is the physical logos...we can read with carnal eyes. But there is also the spiritual rhema we hear with spiritual ears. These speak to the body and blood of Jesus Christ. One is visible and the other invisible.

The truth is where both come together. There is no point in championing one over the other. It is actually foolish to do so.

Has Jesus come already in the Spirit. Of course. He comes to us in the baptism of the Spirit and revivals of holiness.

Has Jesus come back in the flesh? Not yet. :)

“There is the physical logos...we can read with carnal eyes. But there is also the spiritual rhema we hear with spiritual ears. These speak to the body and blood of Jesus Christ. One is visible and the other invisible.”

Do you mean the “physical logos” which is passing away? You said “but there is also “spiritual rhema” ...these speak to the body and blood of Jesus Christ? So confused here. “Spiritual rhema” is “Spirit”. One is visible and other invisible...we are His body. His blood (Spirit) is what we are told to walk in the power of and not the power of the flesh. Is that (the body of Christ)not seen (revealed)in the tabernacle made without hands built up in Christ growing to the full stature of a new(perfect) man and an “habitation for God”. A new creature. A new creation “an anchor” both sure and stedfast. Hebrews 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Ephesians 2:19-22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The same holy temple that grows up with Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone...His body ...the word warned to be careful how you build upon (His body)the foundation no other can lay but Christ, ...wood, stubble, and hay consumed by Fire revealed from Heaven. What happens when this “holy temple in the Lord” is complete...His body walking in His blood?

Romans 8:18-21
[18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. [19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. [20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, [21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Is it wrong to not focus on what is crucified with Christ and passing away? To leave it behind as there is no Hope in what is already dead and buried with Him but only in that which is alive and called forth from the grave? Why are we waiting on Jesus to return? John 14:19-21 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. [20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. [21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not written except perhaps maybe in some gnostic writings.

Jesus is in the flesh right now (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7); and when He returns He is not converting to a spiritual body.

REV. 1:17
Yes, this is how I see it also. How can this happen if He does not return bodily:
Revelation 1:17
"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

How can He BE seen with EVERY eye unless He
does come back in the flesh? Also, "and they also which pierced him..." These (imho) are those who are dead in Christ and, would have to be resurrected, just like those who have died while IN Christ. And, while Jesus DID rise bodily 3 days after, and, not "every" eye saw Him, only His disciples and several others as well as the 500 so...this cannot be speaking of Him returning, and EVERY eye shall see...to defeat His enemies and to establish His Kingdom on earth. Just some thoughts on this.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe what you want to believe.

I know that I, @justbyfaith, am beloved of the Lord; and that I have merely subjected you to a test of scripture: but that you have failed the test.

If you want to say that I am the accuser of the brethren, or that the accuser is behind what I am saying, then I wash my hands of you.

The Bible says to reject a heretic after the first and second admonition.

I think that I have admonished you enough times to now obey the scripture that I am speaking of.

I know now (from that same scripture) that you are warped and sinning; condemned of yourself.

Titus 3:10-11.
One who fails the test given by John, is in no position to administer the test.

And since you will not hear it from me, you will hear it from Him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“There is the physical logos...we can read with carnal eyes. But there is also the spiritual rhema we hear with spiritual ears. These speak to the body and blood of Jesus Christ. One is visible and the other invisible.”

Do you mean the “physical logos” which is passing away? You said “but there is also “spiritual rhema” ...these speak to the body and blood of Jesus Christ? So confused here. “Spiritual rhema” is “Spirit”. One is visible and other invisible...we are His body. His blood (Spirit) is what we are told to walk in the power of and not the power of the flesh. Is that (the body of Christ)not seen (revealed)in the tabernacle made without hands built up in Christ growing to the full stature of a new(perfect) man and an “habitation for God”. A new creature. A new creation “an anchor” both sure and stedfast. Hebrews 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Ephesians 2:19-22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The same holy temple that grows up with Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone...His body ...the word warned to be careful how you build upon (His body)the foundation no other can lay but Christ, ...wood, stubble, and hay consumed by Fire revealed from Heaven. What happens when this “holy temple in the Lord” is complete...His body walking in His blood?

Romans 8:18-21
[18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. [19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. [20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, [21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Is it wrong to not focus on what is crucified with Christ and passing away? To leave it behind as there is no Hope in what is already dead and buried with Him but only in that which is alive and called forth from the grave? Why are we waiting on Jesus to return? John 14:19-21 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. [20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. [21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

There is the form of godliness...and then there is the power of godliness. The life is in the blood. But the body provides form.

So then to obey the Lord, the best we can, is the form. But to do things as Jesus did them...we need His power...His life...His blood.

Both are needed of course.

But many will obey on a human level...the form...but without the power. Jesus did say to His followers "tarry in Jerusalem until you receive POWER from heaven."

This power is by the Spirit...it is the grace of God...that which gives us the strength to do on earth as it is in heaven.

It isn't wrong to seek to obey the Lord without the power of God.... as long as one is not claiming more than that. :) But it is wise to seek further for His grace at the throne of grace.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this is how I see it also. How can this happen if He does not return bodily:
"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

does come back in the flesh? Also, "and they also which pierced him..." These (imho) are those who are dead in Christ and, would have to be resurrected, just like those who have died while IN Christ. And, while Jesus DID rise bodily 3 days after, and, not "every" eye saw Him, only His disciples and several others as well as the 500 so...this cannot be speaking of Him returning, and EVERY eye shall see...to defeat His enemies and to establish His Kingdom on earth. Just some thoughts on this.
That is the wrong question.

You should be asking: How could every eye see in the flesh if a thousand generations' bodies have already returned to the dust and their spirit to God who gave it according to the scriptures?

Some have assumed that their bodies will be raised up the last day, but the scriptures do not say that, but rather that all "shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt." And if we awake to everlasting life, how is that in a body of flesh, if "flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God?"

And when Jesus said He "comes again", He did not say it would be to walk the earth again in a flesh body, but described it quite differently than many teach, saying instead "I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

That "place" of course is with the Father, whom is spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the form of godliness...and then there is the power of godliness. The life is in the blood. But the body provides form.

So then to obey the Lord, the best we can, is the form. But to do things as Jesus did them...we need His power...His life...His blood.

Both are needed of course.

But many will obey on a human level...the form...but without the power. Jesus did say to His followers "tarry in Jerusalem until you receive POWER from heaven."

This power is by the Spirit...it is the grace of God...that which gives us the strength to do on earth as it is in heaven.

It isn't wrong to seek to obey the Lord without the power of God.... as long as one is not claiming more than that. :) But it is wise to seek further for His grace at the throne of grace.

Thank you but I’m not sure that answered the question. The tabernacle being built (reered)up for an habitation of God...this His body which is the temple of God, where He puts His glory. The house of God: Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Peter 2:5
[5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
This house of God man is warned to be careful how he builds upon laying no other foundation but Christ. What happens when His house (tabernacle) fills with His glory? The OP is has He come yet? I don’t know. Has He finished raising up the tabernacle that grows to be His place of rest where He places His name and glory? Has He filled His (habitation)house with His glory? Has the wood, stubborn, hay added there been consumed by Fire?

You mentioned physical and spiritual are just as important and neither should be disregarded both vital(if I understood correctly). Wouldn’t disagree. Only who is sure what the New body looks like ...surely not the old physical one which decays and returns to dust.

IN keeping with the Spiritual house of lovely stones laid upon the foundation of Christ...Him as the Head of the Body...His body revealed and seen as He is ...the church: the Spiritual house of God. Ephesians 1:22-23 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, [23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Paul said he bears the marks of Christ.
Galatians 6:17-18 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. [18] Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Couldn’t this be said of His whole body in they bear the crucified marks of Christ in their flesh.

John 2:19-21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. [20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? [21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

Destroy this temple and in “three days I will raise(rear) it up. “but he spake of the temple of his body” ...whose His body? Ephesians 2:21-22 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Destroy this tabernacle ...He said He would build “rear up” another New tabernacle in three days...a body bearing the marks of His crucifixion. “...gave him to be the head over all things to the church, [23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.”

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 17:14-23...As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

...I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

God was made manifest in the flesh once to put away sin...always known but revealed once in theses last days to destroy the works of satan. Also He would have suffered from the foundation but now -once- God manifest in the flesh to destroy the works of evil.

2 Corinthians 4:10-11
[10] Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. [11] For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

Don’t know if any of that helps...

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:14-23...As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

...I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

God was made manifest in the flesh once to put away sin...always known but revealed once in theses last days to destroy the works of satan. Also He would have suffered from the foundation but now -once- God manifest in the flesh to destroy the works of evil.

2 Corinthians 4:10-11
[10] Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. [11] For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

Don’t know if any of that helps...
Speaks volumes!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One who fails the test given by John, is in no position to administer the test.
I have not failed the test.

His word has already shown me that this is the case; and therefore He has shown me that this is the case.

For I confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; and I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

You confess only one of the two.

I felt compelled to answer you for some reason; but will not be talking to you any more if I can help it.