Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes...and of course He is coming back in a physical, human body.

Because He is sitting on the right hand of the throne of God in a physical, human body.

Nope! He did not leave earth in a human body, but an eternal resurrection body, and He will return the same way!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like it to Bob, the scripture pertaining to this is overwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, I have a high view of Scripture as do all Traditional Christians. I am not a Protestant, for instance I do not protest the Catholic or the Orthodox Church. I do not affirm Faith alone, Scripture alone, or any of the solas from the reformation. For some more info on the five solas:

The Five Solas are five Latin phrases (or slogans) that emerged during the Reformation to summarize the Reformers’ theological convictions about the essentials of Christianity.

The Five Solas are:
  1. Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
  2. Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
  3. Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
  4. Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
  5. Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.

The Five Solas - Points from the Past that Should Matter to You

And as far as the OP (Original post) no I do not believe Jesus has come back yet but will someday

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, I have a high view of Scripture as do all Traditional Christians. I am not a Protestant, for instance I do not protest the Catholic or the Orthodox Church. I do not affirm Faith alone, Scripture alone, or any of the solas from the reformation. For some more info on the five solas:

The Five Solas - Points from the Past that Should Matter to You

And as far as the OP (Original post) no I do not believe Jesus has come back yet but will someday
I’d love to talk about it, but in this thread it’d be way of topic. Wouldn’t you agree

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, I not only know that Jesus has come in the flesh, I am acting as if He has...which cannot be said of you--for you still look for Him to come in the flesh as if He had not already come 2000 years ago.

The fact that I am looking for Him to come again in the flesh in no way means that I don't think He came in the flesh the first time!

That should've been obvious.

And why do you add to the scriptures ("prevailing through") what they do not say? It does not say that "Jesus sits at the right hand of the throne of the Lord" in the flesh--

You should consider that Jesus will not drink of the fruit of the vine until He drinks it new with us in the kingdom.

Also, John 2:19-21 finds Jesus predicting that He will rise bodily from the dead. I suppose you think He was lying?

Colossians 2:9 places Jesus as God dwelling bodily in human flesh.

Luke 24:42-43 (kjv) has Jesus eating a piece of broiled fish and honeycomb after rising from the dead.

In Acts 1:9-11, Jesus ascends bodily into heaven; and the angels declare that He will return in like manner as He went up.

When all is said and done, He will drink wine with us new in the kingdom. The wine He is referring to in the passage, is the same, physical, wine, that they were all drinking at the Last Supper.

This indicates a physical body that the Lord will be able to partake of wine in.

Nope! He did not leave earth in a human body, but an eternal resurrection body, and He will return the same way!

See above.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really never thought that I would have to deal with modern-day gnostics in my doctrinal battles. I really did think that that religion was dead.

But, apparently, it is alive and well in the minds of some of the people on these boards.

1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7 is the test of whether someone is a Christian or a gnostic.

Gnostics do not believe that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; Christians do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where do you believe heaven is, Stan?

I don't know where Heaven is. I checked my GPS, and doesn't seem to be a local entity.

It seems to be a place that will be home to "a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb" Rev 7

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that I am looking for Him to come again in the flesh in no way means that I don't think He came in the flesh the first time!

That should've been obvious.
No, what is obvious, is that you do not believe He "finished" what He came to do in the flesh, even though He said He did.
You should consider that Jesus will not drink of the fruit of the vine until He drinks it new with us in the kingdom.
Why do you consider drinking new wine in the flesh to be better than drinking new wine in the spirit, in glory? Anyway, you are wrong, the scriptures say "in glory."
Also, John 2:19-21 finds Jesus predicting that He will rise bodily from the dead. I suppose you think He was lying?
John 2:19-21
19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body
."​

Yes...and He did. But that was not Him ascending/going to the Father. That is not the resurrection of prophecy, the promise of eternal life. That is proof of His power over life and death in heaven and earth. But that is all.

The actual resurrection unto eternal life, is not a worldly hybrid evolution of the flesh, it is the spirit of God "returning to God who gave it." The flesh "returns to the dust" and "is burned with fervent heat and with fire."
Colossians 2:9 places Jesus as God dwelling bodily in human flesh.
You have been "cheated." Read also verse 8, which warns against your thinking as men of flesh and as the world thinks, not accrediting to Christ all the glory of God, whom is spirit:

8 "Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."

...On the contrary, I accredit Him with all glory.
Luke 24:42-43 (kjv) has Jesus eating a piece of broiled fish and honeycomb after rising from the dead.
Again, that speaks of Jesus rising bodily from the dead--not going to the Father, not ascending unto glory.
In Acts 1:9-11, Jesus ascends bodily into heaven; and the angels declare that He will return in like manner as He went up.
We just covered this: Jesus went "to the Father" whom "is spirit", which "no man has seen except the Son"--they only saw Him leave, that's all. They did not see His body enter the kingdom of God, "for flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom." Surely, you have read all of what I am repeating to you, that these things are true. This is not me talking...this is what is written.
When all is said and done, He will drink wine with us new in the kingdom. The wine He is referring to in the passage, is the same, physical, wine, that they were all drinking at the Last Supper.

This indicates a physical body that the Lord will be able to partake of wine in.
You are drawing your own conclusions by "your own understanding", not accounting for all that is written. It doesn't say that. That is just you speculating.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Acts 1:9-11.
Acts 2:1-3 KJV
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

https://tbibl.es/1lm
Would you agree He returns in like manner??

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:3 KJV
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Tecarta Bible
This word cloven, just realized, means to. Greek: διαμερίζω
Transliteration: diamerizō
Pronunciation: dee-am-er-id'-zo
Definition: From G1223 and G3307; to partition thoroughly (literally in distribution figuratively in dissension): - cloven divide part.
Jesus just separated these men from the flesh( a sword )
Partition thoroughly!
Circumcising the heart!
Cutting to the asunder!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ has returned!
Thank you for your witness!

I pray that more experience His return according to His will and plan "each in his own order" as they are drawn, that they open the door when He knocks. And that the eyes of those blinded by the teachings of men would be opened sooner, rather than later. Amen.