Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It applies to anyone who rightly divides the word of truth and uses it in the power and direction of the Holy Spirit.
Just speaking hypothetically, what if an individual thinks their rightfully dividing the word but in fact their not, and the weapon they’ve formed is against Christ and His church? Saul and Paul would be a good example of this( hypothetical question)?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, evil me, accepting Jesus Christ with every ounce of my being, loving my scriptures, delving deep into Romans this week, listening to Him, loving Him above all else, loving others as myself.

Evil evil me.
Ok, I'll do as you say: abandon Christ, quit loving the scriptures, quit loving Him, and mock the two great commandments.

(The above is dripping sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just speaking hypothetically, what if an individual thinks their rightfully dividing the word but in fact their not, and the weapon they’ve formed is against Christ and His church? Saul and Paul would be a good example of this( hypothetical question)?
Did Saul do his fighting with the word of the Lord, or with physical domination?

I understand your implication...that you think that I am the one you are speaking of here.

No weapon formed against the church will prosper (Isaiah 54:17). Therefore the word of the Lord won't prosper if it is formed against the church. Yet we know that the word of the Lord won't return void, but will prosper in the thing for which He sent it (Isaiah 55:10-11).

So then, if the word of the Lord is formed against the church, it will return void: because the church, in due time, will understand how the word used against it is contrasted by other scripture; and in rightly dividing the word of truth, as we all put our heads together to determine the true meaning of it, we will not be defeated by any attempts by the devil to use his word against us. Just as Jesus responded to the devil's word-quoting with His own quotation, we can fight against improper uses of the word blocking sword with sword, or with shield, or with breastplate.

And also, the scriptures above compared show that the word of the Lord has not been formed against the church (although the devil may attempt to use it against us in some perverted way); and therefore it will prosper in the thing for which the Lord hath sent it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'll do as you say: abandon Christ, quit loving the scriptures, quit loving Him, and mock the two great commandments.
If you think that that is what I've said then you are out of your mind.

Of course you should abandon the Jesus of Mormonism and turn to the real and living Christ.

All you have to do is reject the mormon documents and start reading the Bible alone; knowing that the mormon documents are not of the true Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3-4, Jude 1:3). Or, you could at least start by holding the Bible as being above the mormon documents in inspiration; and compare them holding the Bible to be superior, as you test the book of mormon and its companion texts by the holy scriptures. This would indicate that you are at least considering true Christianity.

But I know that you think of me as rude and will not do anything that I say because I said it.

But if I were you, I would do it because the Holy Spirit said it...through me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would anyone start reading the book of mormon before understanding the Bible to the highest possible capacity?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think that that is what I've said then you are out of your mind.

Of course you should abandon the Jesus of Mormonism and turn to the real and living Christ.

All you have to do is reject the mormon documents and start reading the Bible alone; knowing that the mormon documents are not of the true Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3-4, Jude 1:3). Or, you could at least start by holding the Bible as being above the mormon documents in inspiration; and compare them holding the Bible to be superior, as you test the book of mormon and its companion texts by the holy scriptures. This would indicate that you are at least considering true Christianity.

But I know that you think of me as rude and will not do anything that I say because I said it.

But if I were you, I would do it because the Holy Spirit said it...through me.
Being VERY polite here:
I listen to God Himself, directly. Not through a sinful human. We are all sinful humans but.. suffice it to say I am thoroughly convinced you're not here as a messenger of God. The way you downright fear me, continually abuse me, and scorn the facts of what I believe are all testimonies of this. I can never follow something so not go God.

Instead, I rejoice in God, rejoice in Christ, and rejoice in testimonies of Him wherever they be found. I love God. I love my fellow men, strive to respect and understand them, and serve them. I don't fear them or their beliefs - I have my Savior Jesus Christ.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that the hostility that a wolf feels coming from a shepherd who is protecting his sheep from him is a virtuous thing.

So, if I am mistaken about you failing the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7 then I apologize. I did not intend to be hostile towards you, but towards what I know is false doctrine.

This idea that Jesus isn't come in the flesh (that He isn't a Man sitting on the right hand of the Lord) is foreign to scripture; and even condemned by it.

If you hold to a false doctrine and are attempting to teach it to others, does that not make you a false teacher?

If as a watchman and shepherd I am opposed to your false doctrine and am showing that that is what it is, does that make me hostile towards you?

A shepherd defends the sheep using his rod and his staff; and therefore the wolf coming in to devour the sheep might consider him to be hostile.

But if threatening judgment on someone is love in your opinion, then I tell you now that I love you by proclaiming to you that your time is short.

And in my saying it, there is truth in the matter.
Jesus has come in the flesh, but He is not "a Man sitting on the right hand of the Lord"; and your claiming it to be so is the "false doctrine" "foreign to scripture."

That is absolutely false, and you cannot quote it or substantiate it from the scriptures.

You need to examine your own self.

Oh, and an apology is not an apology when it is accompanied by more false accusations and lies.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead, I rejoice in God, rejoice in Christ, and rejoice in testimonies of Him wherever they be found.

Then rejoice in the testimony of scripture found in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 and Jude 1:3.

Jesus delivered the true faith of Christianity once and for all to all the saints.

He didn't then go to the Americas and do it again a second time.

The Jesus of mormonism is a false Christ...the sooner you realize that the better.

But you have already hardened your heart because you think that I come across as rude.

I may be rude in speech; but not in knowledge (2 Corinthians 11:6).

If you don't consider the testimony of the scriptures at hand, then you have some kind of smorgasborg religion and do not love the whole counsel of the Lord. You pick and choose what you want to believe from the holy scriptures (and because you're a mormon, the unholy ones too).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has come in the flesh, but He is not "a Man sitting on the right hand of the Lord"; and your claiming it to be so is the "false doctrine" "foreign to scripture."

That is absolutely false, and you cannot quote it or substantiate it from the scriptures.

You need to examine your own self.

Oh, and an apology is not an apology when it is accompanied by more false accusations and lies.
The fact that the mormon in the fray likes your post speaks volumes (she may retract it now in order to try to call me a liar).

I have already substantiated the concept at hand from the holy scriptures. But you do not see it because the following is true of you:

2Co 4:3, But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Co 2:14, But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Act 28:26, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27, For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that the mormon in the fray likes your post speaks volumes (she may retract it now in order to try to call me a liar).

I have already substantiated the concept at hand from the holy scriptures. But you do not see it because the following is true of you:

2Co 4:3, But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Co 2:14, But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Act 28:26, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27, For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
You name call, lie, and make yourself judge, using the scriptures in error which speak of those like yourself; and you have not substantiated your claims at all, but heap up curses against yourself.

Fill free to try again, otherwise I leave you to God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then rejoice in the testimony of scripture found in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 and Jude 1:3.

Jesus delivered the true faith of Christianity once and for all to all the saints.

He didn't then go to the Americas and do it again a second time.

The Jesus of mormonism is a false Christ...the sooner you realize that the better.

But you have already hardened your heart because you think that I come across as rude.

I may be rude in speech; but not in knowledge (2 Corinthians 11:6).

If you don't consider the testimony of the scriptures at hand, then you have some kind of smorgasborg religion and do not love the whole counsel of the Lord. You pick and choose what you want to believe from the holy scriptures (and because you're a mormon, the unholy ones too).
You are not merely rude: you are ABUSIVE and want me to follow you in that sinful behavior.
No.
I love the scriptures, including 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 and Jude 1:3, and hence cannot follow you because I follow Christ already, as do my many brothern in lots of denominations. I will continue to act in love of God and love & respect towards others, celebrating in all good things.
If that upsets you, frankly it isn't my problem. I'm not a perfect person, but I shall serve and love Christ till then end o fly days, never forsaking Him-- the center of my very core.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning brother JBF, you’ve been on my heart all night.
I have a question for you, you seem to have quoted this particular scripture several times in this thread “has Jesus retuned in the spirit”.

Ephesians 6:12 KJV
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Tecarta Bible
When you read this ^ do you see yourself as a mighty Warrior of God wielding the sword of the Lord fighting against the wickedness in people?

When I read this scripture what I see is the Holy Spirit within me waring against my spirit, which is in times past subject to vain imaginations.
After all He did say it’s not against flesh and blood.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:12 KJV
[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tecarta BibleHas He discerned the thoughts and intents of your heart?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I was hoping you were right, but it

You name call, lie, and make yourself judge, using the scriptures in error which speak of those like yourself; and you have not substantiated your claims at all, but heap up curses against yourself.

Fill free to try again, otherwise I leave you to God.
Like I said, I didn't testify of the change in my heart so that people would think more highly of me.

And you would do well to extend grace to others, if you want grace to be extended to you by the Lord.

Sanctification is a process.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning brother JBF, you’ve been on my heart all night.
I have a question for you, you seem to have quoted this particular scripture several times in this thread “has Jesus retuned in the spirit”.

Ephesians 6:12 KJV
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Tecarta Bible
When you read this ^ do you see yourself as a mighty Warrior of God wielding the sword of the Lord fighting against the wickedness in people?

When I read this scripture what I see is the Holy Spirit within me warring against my spirit, which is in times past subject to vain imaginations.
After all He did say it’s not against flesh and blood.

Hebrews 4:12 KJV
[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tecarta BibleHas He discerned the thoughts and intents of your heart?

Hi waiting...I see the Holy Spirit as that mighty warrior, working through me and others to fight the wickedness in all people, including myself.

He would have had to have discerned the thoughts and intents of my heart, and called me on them, in order for me to be truly saved. But I know that He will continue to do so; for I am a work in progress.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi waiting...I see the Holy Spirit as that mighty warrior, working through me and others to fight the wickedness in all people, including myself.

He would have had to have discerned the thoughts and intents of my heart, and called me on them, in order for me to be truly saved. But I know that He will continue to do so; for I am a work in progress.
Judgement begins at the house of God!

Who’s house are ye.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not merely rude: you are ABUSIVE and want me to follow you in that sinful behavior.

You have already done so in calling me abusive.

I love the scriptures, including 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 and Jude 1:3, and hence cannot follow you because I follow Christ already, as do my many brothers in lots of denominations. I will continue to act in love of God and love & respect towards others, celebrating in all good things.
If that upsets you, frankly it isn't my problem. I'm not a perfect person, but I shall serve and love Christ till then end o fly days, never forsaking Him-- the center of my very core.

It doesn't really upset me; but I am concerned for your eternal well-being; and if I come across as abusive it is only because I care about your eternity and would rather be abrasive if it will win a soul than to be the nicest person and see that soul go to hell.

If a blind man is headed towards a cliff and doesn't think he is in any danger even when you try to warn him verbally, it might be an act of love to tackle him and try to force him to go in the other direction. He may call you all kinds of names for doing so: abusive, a**hole, jerk, unloving, etc...but the fact of the matter is that you are trying to save his life; which is the loving thing to do.

And I know that you will again call that self-justification; but I call it a rationale.

So if you want to serve the mormon Jesus for the rest of your days, your blood is on your own head...I am clean of you.

I have already told you in a PM how in the first five chapters of the book of mormon (1st Nephi) the mormon holy spirit commands Nephi to basically murder someone. This is not the Spirit of the true God, for He has given as one of His basic commandments, "Thou shalt not kill."

Last edited: