Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok let’s take a look at the sword
Hebrews 4:12 KJV
[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tecarta BibleSeems pretty simple to me. It’s personal
I fail to see your point. Is not a sword wielded by a warrior?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him, are you a son of the father of the Mormon Jesus?

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 is of utmost importance here.
*rolls eyes*
There's only one Jesus: the one and only Son of God, whom was born of a virgin, lived a perfect live, suffered for our sins, died, and rose again. He is my Lord and Savior, the center of my world whom I strive to follow in word, deed, taught, and every breath I take. As do all other Christians.

Reactions: ScottA

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*rolls eyes*
There's only one Jesus: the one and only Son of God, whom was born of a virgin, lived a perfect live, suffered for our sins, died, and rose again. He is my Lord and Savior, the center of my world whom I strive to follow in word, deed, taught, and every breath I take. As do all other Christians.

2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not be an emeny of Christ: but you are an enemy of Christ.
Yep, evil me, accepting Jesus Christ with every ounce of my being, loving my scriptures, delving deep into Romans this week, listening to Him, loving Him above all else, loving others as myself.

Evil evil me.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, evil me, accepting Jesus Christ with every ounce of my being, loving my scriptures, delving deep into Romans this week, listening to Him, loving Him above all else, loving others as myself.

Evil evil me.

Yep.

Jer 17:9, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Mat 7:11, If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Jesus said it more than once:

Luk 11:13, If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Consider:

Jhn 2:24, But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
Jhn 2:25, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you do.
So, the reality is, that a sword is a weapon that is not only used by the hand of the Lord; but also by His servants.

Of course we ought to let it transform us before we try to use it to transform other people (Matthew 7:1-6).

I have been transformed. You may not like the results; but it is the work that the Lord has done in me.

He will continue to sanctify me as time passes, of this I am certain; so you can tell yourself that my attitude is all wrong and that therefore my words are not to be heeded (I am not saying this only to you, waiting, but to all who are paying attention). However, you would be doing yourself a disservice.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that it is going to be much of a change as concerns my personality.
Changes in our heart at this moment may not immediately be seen by everyone and everything else you have may seem to remain the same for a while. The changes as a result of a change may take a while. Just do not lose whatever it is that God has given you and do not doubt Him.
I just know that I surrendered something in particular to Him last Sunday and that it may even be my salvation.

There is a strong possibility that I have been saved since 1986, when I first received the gift of tongues.
Initial salvation? I don't think so, but I do believe in a progressive growth in those who believe in God. This is by some called progressive salvation. Whatever you call it and whatever God knows that it is, hold onto it if it is from God.

In my own case I connected with God for certain at least twice long before I received the gift of tongues in 1976. The word, salvation, is understood differently by different people. Sometimes it interferes with communication between them, but God always knows all the details precisely. Trust Him.
But salvation is not only from the penalty of sin but the power of it. So now that I am set free from my besetting sin, there may indeed be a visible change in the way that I relate to people.

Whether it is immediate, or will happen slowly over time, remains to be seen.
Sometimes we will be saved each day of our walk from the evil results of situations. How many times may this happen? How many times are we willing to repent and try one more time? How much mercy does God have available for each of us?

As you say, sometimes things may happen slowly over time.

I am continuing to pray for you. I also am in need of prayer.
Give God the glory!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am continuing to pray for you. I also am in need of prayer.

I will covenant to pray for you on a regular basis, if you will do the same for me.

PM me and let me know your name so I can pray more effectively (if I recall correctly, it is John; but I am uncertain of this).

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the word of God is a weapon, and He’s chosen you to wield it. Because you are without sin, and your theology is superior because you read the kJv?
This is what God has taught you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the word of God is a weapon, and He’s chosen you to wield it. Because you are without sin, and your theology is superior because you read the kJv?
This is what God has taught you?
I didn't say that I am without sin...but yes, the word of God is like a sword. Is not a sword a weapon that we use against the principalities and powers of this dark world?

And it can also be used as a scalpel to cut away the cancer of sin in a person's life.

Yes, it is needful that there be a doctor on hand to perform the surgery; and it is rarely the Human Jesus who does this.

It is always nice to have Jesus pour in the oil and the wine as an anesthetic when He is cutting away the cancer by His Spirit using a human vessel. It does not always happen that way though. Because it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord, and, the Lord scourges every son whom He receives.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that I am without sin...but yes, the word of God is like a sword. Is not a sword a weapon that we use against the principalities and powers of this dark world?

And it can also be used as a scalpel to cut away the cancer of sin in a person's life.

Yes, it is needful that there be a doctor on hand to perform the surgery; and it is rarely the Human Jesus who does this.

It is always nice to have Jesus pour in the oil and the wine as an anesthetic when He is cutting away the cancer by His Spirit using a human vessel. It does not always happen that way though. Because it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord, and, the Lord scourges every son whom He receives.
And your the human vessel holding the scalpel?