Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is heaven?
Up.

Act 1:9, And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10, And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11, Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a testament of Jesus' coming in the flesh 2000 years ago -- not of His "returning again in the flesh" as you say.

You are assuming (by "vain deceit after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ") what is not actually written.
There is another way to read that verse and in the present tense too.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another way to read that verse and in the present tense too.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
I have this vision of the physical Jesus knocking on the doors of the mansions of rich psychiatrists to see if they will open up and let a homeless person in to eat a meal with them.

Of course, it can also mean that the love of God is knocking on the door of every heart (Jesus in the Person of the Holy Spirit) to see if they will let His love in.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA, you aren't off the hook.

You accused me of lying; so back up your claim by answering my question in post #639 (Has Jesus come in the spirit?).

No; I know that you think that I am lying when I say that, because you don't make a distinction between is and has:

You appear to think that because you confess that Jesus has come in the flesh, that you have passed the test in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

But you have not; for that scripture specifically states that you must confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh for your spirit to be of God.

So, if I am lying in declaring that you deny this essential of the Christian faith, please declare to us how it is, and in what way it is, that you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. Because confessing merely that He has come in the flesh won't cut it.

For you to pass the test, you need to confess that Jesus Christ is, currently, in a human flesh body.

Since you proclaim me to be lying in saying that you have failed that test, I ask you again: do you confess to the reality that I have stated in the sentence just above?

Clarify to us what it is that you really believe.

If you fail to answer, then you do not confess: it is the same as a denial of this essential doctrine.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have this vision of the physical Jesus knocking on the doors of the mansions of rich psychiatrists to see if they will open up and let a homeless person in to eat a meal with them.
John 14:2-3 KJV
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Please read carefully. This is where heaven is
Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV
[24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, [25] In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; [26] And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Tecarta Bible

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; I know that you think that I am lying when I say that, because you don't make a distinction between is and has:

You appear to think that because you confess that Jesus has come in the flesh, that you have passed the test in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

But you have not; for that scripture specifically states that you must confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh for your spirit to be of God.

So, if I am lying in declaring that you deny this essential of the Christian faith, please declare to us how it is, and in what way it is, that you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. Because confessing merely that He has come in the flesh won't cut it.

For you to pass the test, you need to confess that Jesus Christ is, currently, in a human flesh body.

Since you proclaim me to be lying in saying that you have failed that test, I ask you again: do you confess to the reality that I have stated in the sentence just above?

Clarify to us what it is that you really believe.

If you fail to answer, then you do not confess: it is the same as a denial of this essential doctrine.
The problem is, you haven't finished your "is / has" philosophy.

You have stopped your rudimentary thinking where the flesh stops, in which case rob Christ Jesus of his glory in ascending to the spirit-only, perfect Oneness with the Father. He lowered himself to become a man of flesh for one purpose: to save us from the fate of all flesh, which is death and a return to the dust of the earth which is to be destroyed with fervent heat and with fire. But you have made him a god of the flesh and of the world, destine to perish.

Your own flesh betrays you, and has you believing that the flesh is glorified. But that is not what is written.

As for a "bodily" existence of Jesus--He is God Almighty, and can manifest without limit. But that does not mean that he intends to manifest the lowly elements of this world for eternity, not at all. No, it means he intends to manifest the glory and perfection of God whom has no flesh and whose body is only spirit. That body that is raised up is not that body of flesh that dies, nor is it the likeness of lowly men, but of God.

So, then, your use of John's test has failed you, for you have made what was a test of the spirit a test of the flesh, glorifying the flesh which has no glory.

You are working for Satan...and don't even know it.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:2-3 KJV
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Please read carefully. This is where heaven is
Tecarta Bible

Surely you are not saying that the location of heaven is found in earthly mansions. As I wrote to you before, the location of heaven is up.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is, you haven't finished your "is / has" philosophy.

You have stopped your rudimentary thinking where the flesh stops, in which case rob Christ Jesus of his glory in ascending to the spirit-only, perfect Oneness with the Father. He lowered himself to become a man of flesh for one purpose: to save us from the fate of all flesh, which is death and a return to the dust of the earth which is to be destroyed with fervent heat and with fire. But you have made him a god of the flesh and of the world, destine to perish.

Your own flesh betrays you, and has you believing that the flesh is glorified. But that is not what is written.

As for a "bodily" existence of Jesus--He is God Almighty, and can manifest without limit. But that does not mean that he intends to manifest the lowly elements of this world for eternity, not at all. No, it means he intends to manifest the glory and perfection of God whom has no flesh and whose body is only spirit. That body that is raised up is not that body of flesh that dies, nor is it the likeness of lowly men, but of God.

So, then, your use of John's test has failed you, for you have made what was a test of the spirit a test of the flesh, glorifying the flesh which has no glory.

You are working for Satan...and don't even know it.

The Bible is clear that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

And you also have not answered my question in a way that passes the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

I will ask you again, Do you confess that Jesus Christ is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God?

If you do not, then I am not lying to proclaim to everyone here that you have failed the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

And now you have other people believing your false doctrine.

For shame! You will be held accountable for leading them astray.

I would not want to be you on the day of judgment.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are self appointed.
Really? I thought I gave scripture to back up my statement that heaven is up.

The Lord has also called me to the ministry that I am currently involved in.

I also rarely speak on my own authority; but I give scripture very consistently to back up the things that I teach from the Lord's word.

If I say anything on my own authority (i.e. without the backing of holy scripture), then of course it is subject to the judgment of others who also have a prophetic gifting (and also, if it is predictive prophecy (which is rare on my part), by whether it comes to pass).

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? I thought I gave scripture to back up my statement that heaven is up.

The Lord has also called me to the ministry that I am currently involved in.

I also rarely speak on my own authority; but I give scripture very consistently to back up the things that I teach from the Lord's word.

If I say anything on my own authority (i.e. without the backing of holy scripture), then of course it is subject to the judgment of others who also have a prophetic gifting (and also, if it is predictive prophecy (which is rare on my part), by whether it comes to pass).
Ok,

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is clear that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

And you also have not answered my question in a way that passes the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

I will ask you again, Do you confess that Jesus Christ is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God?

If you do not, then I am not lying to proclaim to everyone here that you have failed the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

And now you have other people believing your false doctrine.

For shame! You will be held accountable for leading them astray.

I would not want to be you on the day of judgment.
Not only are you lying, you are changing John's test, adding and taking away; and now you have even changed your own question.

You are wrong on all accounts.