Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you want to gamble on the issue, by all means do so. No skin off my back. Of course, I would warn you against doing so. Because I do care about your eternal destiny.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you want to gamble on the issue, by all means do so. No skin off my back. Of course, I would warn you against doing so. Because I do care about your eternal destiny.
You know, I’ve made a mistake trying to communicate with you again. It will not happen again

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you are afraid of being rejected as a heretic. It is already actually done; because I have admonished you more than twice with holy scripture on this matter. You are subverted, and sinning, being condemned of yourself (Titus 3:10-11). And the same is true of all those who believe your words.

I have tried to open your eyes to see the reality of this matter; now all that is left is to pray for the Lord to open them the whole way; and to convict you over the fact that you are a false teacher.

Ha! it is certainly no delusion to believe what the scripture says about Jesus Christ existing in a human physical body. It is plain as day as the teaching of holy scripture. Words mean things, as someone here has recently said.

So, when I read that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and that in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily; I consider that this means that He is in the present moment existing in a human body.

And your denial of this amounts to a failure of the test that we find in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

Again, for the record, these passages say:

1Jo 4:1, Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2, Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3, And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7, For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
No...I am not afraid. You are a fraud without authority. I have simply turned you over to your own will, to Satan and to God.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I am not afraid. You are a fraud without authority. I have simply turned you over to your own will, to Satan and to God.
iow, you tried to beat me to the punch. But I have also done the same to you.

Only I gave you warning; and you tried to do it to me without warning...which is not the protocol of holy scripture (see Titus 3:10-11)...before I would have the chance to follow through with my warning to you.

But in all reality, I have admonished you on this subject more than twice...and therefore it is not against protocol for me to reject you as a heretic over your failure to pass the test of holy scripture. You are subverted, and sinning; being condemned of yourself (Titus 3:10-11).

But if you want to reject me as a heretic...then by all means show what test it is that I have failed to pass; or what doctrine it is that I have preached that is heresy. You can find none.

And you cannot turn me over to satan...for the Lord has placed a hedge of protection around me as He did with Job.

I also have the authority of the holy scriptures to back up my statements.

And a prophetic gifting. And while I do not prophesy often, when I do it is quite accurate. I once prophesied about the famine in Argentina before it happened, quite recently. And my words did not fall to the ground.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because as I understand it, Jesus is the Son of God because He is come in the flesh. If He were not in the flesh, He would be very simply the Father and the Holy Ghost, one Spirit.

As a matter of fact, the doctrine of the Trinity is almost entirely dependent on the concept that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (as a singular Person within the Trinity).

The devil is behind the alternate interpretations presented by @Waiting on him and @ScottA...he is attempting to destroy the ability of people to see clearly the doctrine of the Trinity as I have set it forth in certain threads of these Message Boards.

The Trinity is NO lie.

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.
No...your interpretation is sorely lacking and wrong.

You have not accounted for the difference between the Christ and the Son of God exalted. But for those who also do not understand, I will clarify:

• Jesus Christ is the man come in the flesh, the Son of Man born of a virgin according to the prophetic scriptures. As it is written "to live (in the world and in the flesh) is Christ." This is He who was sacrificed, who died and rose again, having been given the power over life and death in both heaven and earth.
  • The Son of God is rather the exalted Son of Man who overcame the world, and became a life-giving spirit. This is He who was exalted and ascended and now sits at the right hand of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA,

I have rejected you as a heretic; and therefore there is no need to address your doctrine...as it can be determined that false doctrine will always come from a false teacher...as rotten fruit will always fall from a bad tree.

Of course, a broken clock can indeed be correct two times in the day.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iow, you tried to beat me to the punch. But I have also done the same to you.

Only I gave you warning; and you tried to do it to me without warning...which is not the protocol of holy scripture (see Titus 3:10-11)...before I would have the chance to follow through with my warning to you.

But in all reality, I have admonished you on this subject more than twice...and therefore it is not against protocol for me to reject you as a heretic over your failure to pass the test of holy scripture. You are subverted, and sinning; being condemned of yourself (Titus 3:10-11).

But if you want to reject me as a heretic...then by all means show what test it is that I have failed to pass; or what doctrine it is that I have preached that is heresy. You can find none.

And you cannot turn me over to satan...for the Lord has placed a hedge of protection around me as He did with Job.

I also have the authority of the holy scriptures to back up my statements.

And a prophetic gifting. And while I do not prophesy often, when I do it is quite accurate. I once prophesied about the famine in Argentina before it happened, quite recently. And my words did not fall to the ground.
Then relax...and wait for the music to play.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA,

I have rejected you as a heretic; and therefore there is no need to address your doctrine...as it can be determined that false doctrine will always come from a false teacher...as rotten fruit will always fall from a bad tree.

Of course, a broken clock can indeed be correct two times in the day.
Squirm, squirm.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son of God is rather the exalted Son of Man who overcame the world, and became a life-giving spirit.
This happened at the moment of Luke 23:46...when Jesus' Spirit separated from His body, the Holy Spirit was released to the Father and ascended to be outside of time. For the 3rd Person of the Trinity is also Jesus Christ to a certain extent, being the Spirit of Christ.

The human Jesus rose bodily from the dead (John 2:19-21); and ascended bodily into heaven (Acts of the Apostles 1:9-11, Colossians 2:9).

Therefore, you are greatly mistaken.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human Jesus rose bodily from the dead (John 2:19-21); and ascended bodily into heaven (Acts of the Apostles 1:9-11, Colossians 2:9).

Therefore, you are greatly mistaken.
It doesn't say that (that is just you adding and privately interpreting, and talking nonsense):

John 2:19-21
"19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
"

Acts 1:9-11
"9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.'”

Colossians 2:9
"9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say that (that is just you adding and privately interpreting, and talking nonsense):

John 2:19-21
"19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
"

Acts 1:9-11
"9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.'”

Colossians 2:9
"9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;"
It does say that. However, the following scripture appears to be true of you:

2Co 4:3, But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Co 2:14, But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Act 28:26, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27, For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Also, I was thinking to say this before and so I will say it now: that the Lord God does not answer prayers of malicious intent; but will return such prayers back on the sender.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does say that. However, the following scripture appears to be true of you:

2Co 4:3, But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Co 2:14, But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Act 28:26, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27, For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Also, I was thinking to say this before and so I will say it now: that the Lord God does not answer prayers of malicious intent; but will return such prayers back on the sender.
Oh the irony!

You who favor the flesh and hinder the Spirit, quote the very scriptures against you.

So foolhardy. How old are you? Man are you in for a big surprise!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this point I am going to simply choose the honour of Proverbs 20:3, and drop it.

You obviously think that God is going to punish everyone who offends you; because they have offended you.

Perhaps you are even praying for the Lord to judge me over the fact that I have called you out as a false teacher.

In this there are two things that I would mention:

1) God is not going to answer the prayers of a false teacher in the affirmative; and,

2) When prayers are made in the spirit of malice, the Lord returns evil on the one who is praying for the evil to happen to his enemy.

I guess I couldn't completely drop it...I had to get in one last word...

However I really do intend to drop it after this. Perhaps you will beat me to it, and obtain the honour that I am speaking of.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 8:23, we find out about the adoption, which is defined as the redemption of the body.

And in Galatians 4:5-7, we find that for the Galatians, the adoption is in past and present tense.

They were already redeemed in their bodies.

And this indicates that Philippians 3:21 is something that can even happen in this life; because Jesus is even sinless in the flesh!

In Ephesians 5:30-32, we are of His flesh and of His bones (see also 1 John 3:5).

To me, all of these things together amounts to a doctrine of holiness; not of unholiness as you seem to think.

I who favour the flesh and hinder the Spirit (not! concerning that last part)...the reality is that I favour a doctrine in which the flesh is crucified, made dead, and then raised up again in newness of life with a different attitude than before (Romans 8:10-11).

I favour a doctrine that leads to holy living, in accordance with godliness.

The following scripture defines the redemption of the body for me:

Heb 9:13, For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14, How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

The blood of Christ sanctifieth to the purifiying of the flesh, much more than the blood of bulls and goats ever could!

Romans 6:6 (kjv) and Colossians 2:11 (kjv) also have a bearing on my understanding of these things.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is exactly correct according to what Jesus said of how He would build His church.

The "historic church" however, has a very poor track record. Just look at the 7 churches of revelation, 5 Jesus had "somewhat against."

Yes by the people who are truly born again and not religion, as religion only corrupts.

Religion is nothing, there a many of them but the thing is, there is only one Christ Jesus and you must be born again and that's who are his Church.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes by the people who are truly born again and not religion, as religion only corrupts.

Religion is nothing, there a many of them but the thing is, there is only one Christ Jesus and you must be born again and that's who are his Church.
Right on!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I have been harsh with you over the doctrines that you espouse; but I felt that the Holy Spirit was prompting me tonight to drop you a line and let you know that I care about your soul...I care about what happens to you in eternity.

If there is anything that I can pray for you about, please let me know.

My experience with other people tells me that you may not take to this "reaching out" very kindly.

That is alright with me; although I would prefer for you to warm up to me and to simply let bygones be bygones. I do understand that I have spoken words that sting you, and that you may not be able to forgive me for that very easily.

It is also true that I do not repent of speaking those words: for I do believe that the doctrines that I am attempting to defend are faithful and true in the word of the Lord.

I have not spoken them with the motivation of attacking you; but rather I have spoken them in an attempt to defend those who do not know their Bibles very well from the teaching that you espouse; which I also believe to be false doctrine and heresy.

I really have no animosity towards you; no, not in the slightest. I have also spoken what I have spoken in an attempt to correct you on issues that are important to sound doctrine in God's word. In the hopes that you might repent of believing in them and be saved from the gnostic system of belief that you appear to be holding on to...to be saved from a system of false doctrine that will ultimately put you in hell, if you should fail to see the error of your ways and should continue to espouse the false doctrines that you are attempting to teach here on these boards.

I am praying for you. Not for any kind of retributive justice on you; but rather that the Lord may apprehend your soul and save you from sin...and the false doctrine that I see you believing in so completely.

I know that you have simply been attempting to stay above water. I have been there as a teacher. When someone thinks of you as a heretic and proclaims it to the church, you keep fighting to prove to everyone that that is not what you are. I have been attacked in a similar fashion, as how you perceive me to be attacking you, over my understanding of the Trinity. But I finally made it clear that what I have been preaching is the Trinity.

Now all I ask you to do is consider whether you might be wrong in believing that Jesus is a spirit-creature. Did you get that teaching from the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Look more closely at the verses that I have referenced and/or quoted in substantiation of my pov. They may not appear to be saying what I am saying at first glance; but when you look at them more closely, I think that you will find that they do indeed say what I am saying they say.

Take a break from all of this and read for yourself Psalms 1. This will tell you to not only read the scriptures; but to think on them more precisely to see what they are saying to you...to even meditate on what they mean for your life. I believe that if you do this you will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bears its fruit in season, and its leaf shall not wither.
No, I will not "warm up" to your lies, your false accusations, your clutching at doctrinal straws and heretical name-calling and assumptions. You are blatantly speaking against the gospel of Jesus Christ and the bible. Though there are many, in just one verse I can and have shown you wrong: "The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." But you refuse to come under the truth and have your own doctrine of errors.

As for your personal message trying to appeal to me, I consider it a personal attack by Satan in you--for it is anti-Christ and against His "becoming a life-giving spirit." I rebuke you in Jesus' name.

As for salvation. It is you who is in need of repentance. I am fully capable of forgiving you, but you should for your own sake, repent and be saved.

Last edited: