Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and now you have even changed your own question.
I have not changed my own question; but rather have clarified what I mean when I ask you if you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

In accusing me of lying, you are lying; and will suffer the appropriate consequences.

Somehow your deceptive power is very great; for you have even deceived @Waiting on him into believing your deceptive lies; and who knows who else you will succeed at deceiving with your words?

You do not even realize that you are deceiving people; because you are deceived yourself.

You are the one who is working for satan and doesn't even know it.

But I pray that the Lord will bring you to repentance and deliver you from the hands of the devil, who has taken you captive by him at his will.

What I don't understand is how you will not receive correction from the word.

For it is most clear in the word of the Lord that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God).

The only conclusion I can make over the fact that you do not receive this truth of holy scripture, is that you have the spirit of antichrist, as the scripture says; and so must all who agree with you.

I am ready to give you your first admonition. You will be rejected as a heretic after a second; for the Bible teaches that if you do not repent after a first and second admonition, you are subverted and condemned of yourself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not changed my own question; but rather have clarified what I mean when I ask you if you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

In accusing me of lying, you are lying; and will suffer the appropriate consequences.

Somehow your deceptive power is very great; for you have even deceived @Waiting on him into believing your deceptive lies; and who knows who else you will succeed at deceiving with your words?

You do not even realize that you are deceiving people; because you are deceived yourself.

You are the one who is working for satan and doesn't even know it.

But I pray that the Lord will bring you to repentance and deliver you from the hands of the devil, who has taken you captive by him at his will.

What I don't understand is how you will not receive correction from the word.

For it is most clear in the word of the Lord that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God).

The only conclusion I can make over the fact that you do not receive this truth of holy scripture, is that you have the spirit of antichrist, as the scripture says; and so must all who agree with you.

I am ready to give you your first admonition. You will be rejected as a heretic after a second; for the Bible teaches that if you do not repent after a first and second admonition, you are subverted and condemned of yourself.
You are quoting your own words and believing them as if they were the holy scriptures. But they are not. Your admonition is fraudulent.

And...I am done with you. I leave you to your delusion.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And...I am done with you. I leave you to your delusion.
I can see that you are afraid of being rejected as a heretic. It is already actually done; because I have admonished you more than twice with holy scripture on this matter. You are subverted, and sinning, being condemned of yourself (Titus 3:10-11). And the same is true of all those who believe your words.

I have tried to open your eyes to see the reality of this matter; now all that is left is to pray for the Lord to open them the whole way; and to convict you over the fact that you are a false teacher.

Ha! it is certainly no delusion to believe what the scripture says about Jesus Christ existing in a human physical body. It is plain as day as the teaching of holy scripture. Words mean things, as someone here has recently said.

So, when I read that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and that in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily; I consider that this means that He is in the present moment existing in a human body.

And your denial of this amounts to a failure of the test that we find in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

Again, for the record, these passages say:

1Jo 4:1, Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2, Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3, And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7, For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you are afraid of being rejected as a heretic. It is already actually done; because I have admonished you more than twice with holy scripture on this matter. You are subverted, and sinning, being condemned of yourself (Titus 3:10-11). And the same is true of all those who believe your words.

I have tried to open your eyes to see the reality of this matter; now all that is left is to pray for the Lord to open them the whole way; and to convict you over the fact that you are a false teacher.

Ha! it is certainly no delusion to believe what the scripture says about Jesus Christ existing in a human physical body. It is plain as day as the teaching of holy scripture. Words mean things, as someone here has recently said.

So, when I read that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and that in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily; I consider that this means that He is in the present moment existing in a human body.

And your denial of this amounts to a failure of the test that we find in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

Again, for the record, these passages say:

1Jo 4:1, Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2, Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3, And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7, For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Why is it so important to you that Jesus is in human form?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

I do believe that there is someone here disputing this.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scott is not disputing this. You need to be more specific in what your saying.
I could argue based on scripture that Christ is in my flesh.
Yet that is not what John means by what he says in 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7.

What He is talking about is the reality of John 1:14...that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...and in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7, he makes it clear that He continues to dwell in that same flesh...the human body of Jesus Christ.

This is a matter of sound doctrine.

You can try to escape it with a loophole; but you would be disregarding the public and orthodox interpretation for one that is outside of the bounds of what we would consider to be sound doctrine.

If you want to try to start a cult on the issue, then by all means go for it. Try to get a bunch of people to believe that Jesus is only a spirit-being and is not come in the flesh as a singular Person in the Trinity. I think you might even be able to pull it off.

But on your day of judgment, you will be held accountable for being the originator of a false teaching and heresy in the church.

Your choice.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because as I understand it, Jesus is the Son of God because He is come in the flesh. If He were not in the flesh, He would be very simply the Father and the Holy Ghost, one Spirit.

As a matter of fact, the doctrine of the Trinity is almost entirely dependent on the concept that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (as a singular Person within the Trinity).

The devil is behind the alternate interpretations presented by @Waiting on him and @ScottA...he is attempting to destroy the ability of people to see clearly the doctrine of the Trinity as I have set it forth in certain threads of these Message Boards.

The Trinity is NO lie.

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet that is not what John means by what he says in 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7.

What He is talking about is the reality of John 1:14...that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...and in 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7, he makes it clear that He continues to dwell in that same flesh...the human body of Jesus Christ.

This is a matter of sound doctrine.

You can try to escape it with a loophole; but you would be disregarding the public and orthodox interpretation for one that is outside of the bounds of what we would consider to be sound doctrine.

If you want to try to start a cult on the issue, then by all means go for it. Try to get a bunch of people to believe that Jesus is only a spirit-being and is not come in the flesh as a singular Person in the Trinity. I think you might even be able to pull it off.

But on your day of judgment, you will be held accountable for being the originator of a false teaching and heresy in the church.

Your choice.
Done told you, already been judged.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because as I understand it, Jesus is the Son of God because He is come in the flesh. If He were not in the flesh, He would be very simply the Father and the Holy Ghost, one Spirit.

As a matter of fact, the doctrine of the Trinity is almost entirely dependent on the concept that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (as a singular Person within the Trinity).

The devil is behind the alternate interpretations presented by @Waiting on him and @ScottA...he is attempting to destroy the ability of people to see clearly the doctrine of the Trinity as I have set it forth in certain threads of these Message Boards.

The Trinity is NO lie.

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.
And my salvation is not based in your understanding of scripture.