Hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The KJV says God created evil. But the Bible does say God hates.
He hates the Sin. not the Sinner, the Sinner he wants to come to him to be Saved for the good of all.
In reality their is light and darkness, so come to the light not the darkness = free will. it's not a fantasy world.
A fantasy world would be robbing us of our true being and that's what is so great about reality, what a gift ! but boy you must be on your toes.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hates the Sin. not the Sinner, the Sinner he wants to come to him to be Saved for the good of all.
In reality their is light and darkness, so come to the light not the darkness = free will. it's not a fantasy world.
A fantasy world would be robbing us of our true being and that's what is so great about reality, what a gift ! but boy you must be on your toes.
Needs to be added God is just.

So you may love someone but still put them in the lake of fire for eternity.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I'm wrong on anything show me the Bible.
One who is pure of heart and love of God will come to know if we are wrong.

I don't think that I myself can show anyone where they are wrong, I could try to guide them some how hopefully, but only the Holy Spirit can give fruit to the mind of one in such maters.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One who is pure of heart and love of God will come to know if we are wrong.

I don't think that I myself can show anyone where they are wrong, I could try to guide them some how hopefully, but only the Holy Spirit can give fruit to the mind of one in such maters.
I find it a bit contradictory to tell someone they are wrong but then say they can't tell him how or why they are wrong.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Needs to be added God is just.

So you may love someone but still put them in the lake of fire for eternity.
It's not up to me, it's their freewill and if they miss the boat, well then we have failed in our duty or the works of Satan were loved by such that they loved Satan and his works, so they are condemned for ever and I believe that their soul will feel the pain of such for ever because one only has one chance in this life.

Just think if you were to die and then look back and know that you blew it all on madness, that would be like hellfire on your soul. one who treated others for his own evil and madness is and will be surly condemned. the mill stone story comes to mind and all.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not up to me, it's their freewill and if they miss the boat, well then we have failed in our duty or the works of Satan were loved by such that they loved Satan and his works, so they are condemned for ever and I believe that their soul will feel the pain of such for ever because one only has one chance in this life.

Just think if you were to die and then look back and know that you blew it all on madness, that would be like hellfire on your soul. one who treated others for his own evil and madness is and will be surly condemned. the mill stone story comes to mind and all.
I do not believe those going to the lake will have guilt over how they live.

I believe there sin continues for eternity.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find it a bit contradictory to tell someone they are wrong but then say they can't tell him how or why they are wrong.
That's the thing, is it not ? how can one prove it, if they don't want to listen or have been brainwashed etc etc.
Just because I show one in the Bible does not mean that they are going to believe, it's a bit more to it all than just that.

Many years went by that I believed in Jesus but I did not know him, until one day the lights went on and I knew he was Christ Jesus our Lord Saviour. a big difference you know, but know one can tell you such a fact regardless how much you try.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the thing, is it not ? how can one prove it, if they don't want to listen or have been brainwashed etc etc.
Just because I show one in the Bible does not mean that they are going to believe, it's a bit more to it all than just that.

Many years went by that I believed in Jesus but I did not know him, until one day the lights went on and I knew he was Christ Jesus our Lord Saviour. a big difference you know, but know one can tell you such a fact regardless how much you try.
It is up to the individual what they believe.

Had knowledge and spirit knowledge can be very different.

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem today is too many churches cater to entertaining people.

Preach salvation, hell, sin and sanctification and they run from the doors.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head. We recently left our church because they were so obsessed with gaining numbers and getting bigger that they sacrificed hell and sin so as not to offend people. The pastor even got rid of the cross so that nobody would be offended. There are multiple other things that happened as well at that church, but I'll leave those things out of this conversation for now.

Fortunately, we found a new church home that is truly Christ-centered, and they are flourishing just as much as our former church. Funny how that works.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo! You hit the nail on the head. We recently left our church because they were so obsessed with gaining numbers and getting bigger that they sacrificed hell and sin so as not to offend people. The pastor even got rid of the cross so that nobody would be offended. There are multiple other things that happened as well at that church, but I'll leave those things out of this conversation for now.

Fortunately, we found a new church home that is truly Christ-centered, and they are flourishing just as much as our former church. Funny how that works.
A lot of irony in the world.

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of irony in the world.

No kidding! But we really do enjoy our new church home. It's less of a dog and pony show and way more Christ-centered. And weekly communion vice once-a-month communion. It's considerably more spiritually fulfilling than our former church.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem today is too many churches cater to entertaining people.

Preach salvation, hell, sin and sanctification and they run from the doors.

Denominations teach doctrines of men is the Bible. Paul warns against denominations.

It doesn't sound like you've ever been to such places.
I've been to about a dozen denominations. Paul was
not mature on a few issues of faith.

He never saw Jesus in action, so his application of
love in society was lacking.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul was not mature on a few issues of faith.
He never saw Jesus in action, so his application of
love in society was lacking.

What on earth are you talking about!?! The Holy Spirit was speaking through Paul! What you have just said is not only heretical but blasphemous as well.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband and I were also a part of an EXCELLENT house church of eight members. We also had no formal leader but we taught each other--it was a great experience of true fellowship. But the husband of one couple got transferred. Another couple went to a city where their handicapped son could receive more help. The wife of another couple died and the husband moved to be closer to their kids. That left just my husband and me. :( We have tried going to several churches in the area, but frankly, have not felt that was where we belonged. We still visit around but have not found a church home. :(
How sad. Satan hates this kind of fellowship in God's Name, and that is why I think it's hard to find...?
I don't know about you but, I am going to start praying for this very thing to happen in my own home!!! If God builds it, they will come! ♥
Don't give up, there is true union in Christ out there to be found :)

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What on earth are you talking about!?! The Holy Spirit was speaking through Paul! What you have just said is not only heretical but blasphemous as well.
At all times? Who was wrong when Paul and Barnabas bumped heads? Were both of them always speaking nothing but the Word of God according always to the perfect will of God?

Sometimes God speaks His Word to us through the mistakes of people, does He not? Look at the many examples in the OT. Was not the OT also written as men were inspired by God to put it down?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At all times? Who was wrong when Paul and Barnabas bumped heads? Were both of them always speaking nothing but the Word of God according always to the perfect will of God?

Sometimes God speaks His Word to us through the mistakes of people, does He not? Look at the many examples in the OT. Was not the OT also written as men were inspired by God to put it down?

Since we have none of the writings of Barnabas, I would assume that Barnabas did not receive the Lord's favor in the dispute. The Apostle Peter calls Paul's writings Scripture. The truth is established on the basis of the witness of two or more.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul even chastises Peter in
Galatians 2:11-13
"11 "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation."

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we have none of the writings of Barnabas, I would assume that Barnabas did not receive the Lord's favor in the dispute. The Apostle Peter calls Paul's writings Scripture. The truth is established on the basis of the witness of two or more.

I am glad it is so clear to you. That is certainly a bigger jump to a conclusion than I would make based on what those verses actually say:

"And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God." Acts 15:37-40

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." II Peter 3:15-16

Not having a clearer understanding from God on it myself, I would hold back on effectively condemning Barnabas based on those verses alone. The word, "scriptures" [KJV] means "writings" which might or might not be inspired writings, but as a judge I would have rule to take my hands off the situation... when to do otherwise would mean to definitely condemn the man without a witness.

Off the record I would lean toward seeing both men [Paul and Barnabas] in error for even being in sharp contention over such a thing, but without further evidence or proof or a direct revelation on it from God, I would making no binding judgment against either one of them.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul even chastises Peter in
Galatians 2:11-13
"11 "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation."
Indeed, I see Paul as an apostle but also as a fallible man. The inspired scriptures do describe men with their sinful ways and their faults. The only one seen as faultless at all times would be Jesus Himself.

Reactions: Nancy

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed, I see Paul as an apostle but also as a fallible man. The inspired scriptures do describe men with their sinful ways and their faults. The only one seen as faultless at all times would be Jesus Himself.

Paul admits to being a sinner but you are throwing dirt on his inspired writings. Paul told Timothy that ALL Scripture is "God-breathed". What are you going to do with that? So-called "higher criticism" started down the path you appear to be on--I would urge you to get on another path.