Hath God cast away his people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
I am looking forward to that further discussion at the proper time for it. Food in due season, not prematurely green, neither neglectfully over ripe. i am going to pause for just a short spell so you can make a second consideration of the things I have said thus far. Very often in our studies, what at first shocks us so that we do not at first grasp it but instead cringe away from it, when we go back over it having freed our self of fear we see things about it that we could not the first time. That is one reason why I have a habit of assuming the position in myself of trying to be the most rebellious against what I believe once I have come to believe it. :) Did that last statement make any sense to you? :lol:

Ye it did!

And what if I were to suggest the Word of God provides us considerable insight in the "Infrastructure is basic physical and organizational structures needed for the operation of a society or enterprise" of a future Israel.

I would very much love to discuss these matters at some fuure time.

By the way, did you understand the below?

You cannot compare the spiritual darkness of the Jews to that of the natural darkness of the world. Here is where your understanding in terms of the covenant they are currently under and the responsibility they have to their God. Paul is one hundred precent (100%) cogniscient of this fact and hence the whole chapter is speaking to Gods future plan with natural Israel.

“For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the LORD our God is to us, whenever we call upon him?

Can you say this of any other nation in the world?

No!

When you are ready to proceed please send a PM.

In the Master's Service

Insight

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
You cannot compare the spiritual darkness of the Jews to that of the natural darkness of the world. Here is where your understanding in terms of the covenant they are currently under and the responsibility they have to their God. Paul is one hundred precent (100%) cogniscient of this fact and hence the whole chapter is speaking to Gods future plan with natural Israel.

“For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the LORD our God is to us, whenever we call upon him? Deut 4:7

Can you say this of any other nation in the world?

No!

I see why you say that.

Romans 3:1-2 "What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God."

But you do not see that this is true only for the Jew of faith that they have the advantage over the Gentile of faith. For the principal oracle is that Old Law (the living word of God). That Law is only able to live in those of faith

Those that were blinded due to a lack of faith also lack understanding of the spiritual nature of that Law. The seed is not in them to know. They may perhaps have a slight edge over the Gentile in the rudimentary things they know (and which they are usually disproportionately prideful about) but they have no where the advantage of the Jew of true faith. So we cannot compare them.

That is why I keep emphasizing that the blind are not the elect remnant but are essentially just as those of the Gentile nations. That elect remnant is the wide-eyed faithful ones who were always present among those rebellious ones. They have never been blind. Elijah feared they were but he was found wrong.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
But you do not see that this is true only for the Jew of faith that they have the advantage over the Gentile of faith. For the principal oracle is that Old Law (the living word of God). That Law is only able to live in those of faith

no2.gif

Vengle, how can after all these posts and proof texts do you still not understand Pauls argument?

NATURAL ISRAEL IS THE SUBJECT MATTER!

All Israel is held under covenant agreement for it was all Israel who said...

And ALL THE PEOPLE answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

You are the one speaking about blinded Jews on one hand, and then when it suits you say it doesn’t apply!

Rom 1:31KJV speaks about Covenant-breakers"

You know in the Greek Gr asynthetous, translated "faithless" (Rom 1:31 RSV) and "untrustworthy" (Rom 1:31NASB).

Israel are such people today who refuse to abide by the covenants and agreements undertaken with God.

Now you should know their vow are considered inviolate by God (Eccl 5:4,5)

Don’t you know what Jesus said to the very faithless men who end up crucifying him!

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall SEE Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out

See = accountable, responsible liable to judgment!

We need to spend more time on how God views natural Israel and for the moment put to one side your understanding of spiritual Israel.

I know that is extremely hard for you to do!

But this is all said in love and desiring to be “like” kings who search out a matter. Prov 25:2

Insight

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
:rolleyes: he sees that fleshly nation just as any other nation.

Next, Paul here reminds them of the reason he is saying all that he is saying to them. I say “reminds them” because he had lain that out solidly for them in Romans 10:8-15.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Paul is making sure they do not miss that this is his main point and it was what God commissioned him to oversee and to do in connection with his ministry to the Gentiles.

His commission was to find and prepare that nation of preachers who would incite those blinded Jews and Israelites to jealousy beginning right there in Paul's day.

And that exciting them to jealousy has happened as then also in every generation since.

That "provoke to emulation" is that exciting them to jealousy.

He said, "I", yes, "I may provoke to emulation".

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Romans 11 is all about natural israel we have already established this fact. But I am sure this will become clear in time. Written from phone

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

This one is too simple for men who relish being able to perceive and understand complexities. Their pride demands that it say more than it does.

The point is that God seeks to reconcile the world to himself. And these cast away ones are part of the world. Acts 10:34-35

It is just that simple.

And how is it possible?

Romans 11:16 “For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.”

When it says “so are the branches” it means any branch that is yet in rooted together as a lump in that true vine.

The Greek word for lump is about mixing or kneading dough. In that same way even the Gentiles mixed into that lump become holy.

Paul’s argument is then that if God mixed those blind ones back into Christ, they would become holy also.

And that is what takes place for any repentant persons of any nation.

It is not complicated at all to understand but for one whose pride wants them to see it more complicated.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Without recognizing, and understanding about prophecy involving the fate of the ten lost tribes of Israel, it will be impossible to grasp what Paul meant about 'blinded' Israel's restoration in the Romans 11 chapter, and the continued existence of God's promises to His elect remnant of Israel that were not blinded.

One cannot just simply omit the following section of verses Paul gave in that same chapter towards its end about the blinded part of Israel, quoting from the OT prophets...

Rom 11:25-32
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, "There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is My covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins."

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
(KJV)

It's simple. When "the fulness of the Gentiles be come in", THEN the blindness God put upon the unbelieving part of Israel, will be removed. Before anyone can 'understand', they must first be given to 'hear' (spiritually). Our Lord Jesus showed us this in Matt.13 about those to whom He said His Mysteries of the Kingdom were NOT... given; that their eyes and ears were dull and their hearts waxed gross. But to His Apostles, He told them they were blessed, because for them, they were given. This was the very matter Paul was talking about in that same Rom.11 chapter with the following verses...

Rom 11:7-10
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
(KJV)

One of the definitions for that Greek word for "slumber" is a 'stupor', a lethargic stupor.

The ten lost tribes were scattered to the West where The Gospel of Jesus Christ was first preached outside the holy land. They were already there among the Gentiles that would also 'hear' The Gospel and believe. They both together became one people under Jesus Christ, His Church. So that's about the remnant of the seed of Israel according to election which God preserved. And along with The Gospel, God's promises to Israel remained with that elect remnant of scattered ten tribed Israel, and are now fulfilled among them, with believing Gentiles, as Christ's Church. This... is how the "covenants of promise" have continued with the seed of Israel, the remnant which God reserved. And it is also how the believing Gentiles would be 'graffed' into those "covenants of promise" through Christ Jesus, and both groups would become "the commonwealth of Israel" (Eph.2).

Yet the 'unbelieving' part of Israel, the part Paul showed that God has blinded until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in, they are still... God's chosen people today. They are still His election, which Paul also showed in the Rom.11:28-29 verses.

So what may we expect will happen to that blinded unbelieving part of the seed of Israel once "the fulness of the Gentiles" is complete, and God removes their blindness? We may expect MANY of them to turn to Christ Jesus and believe, because in that time the removal of that blindness means their being given eyes to see, and ears to hear (spiritually). And then, whichever ones among them that still refuse to believe on Christ Jesus once their blindness is removed, then those we may expect to be 'cut off'.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Yes, I am well familiar with that view of what Paul said, Veteran.

That was the view that I held probably before you did.

I don't know how old you are but I do know I picked up believe in that view some thirty to forty years ago and did not stop believing that view until right around the end of the 90's.

And like you I could make quite a case built upon what I thought was what the old prophetical patterns and the prophecies were saying.

But Paul was talking to Gentiles who had no understanding of those prophesies.

Those Gentiles did not even know with familiarity about Elijah and that faithful 7,000.

So you go right ahead and ignore the context and keep imagining that Paul was speaking over the tops of the heads of his listeners if you want to.

But it is just not so.

Today I regret that I had any part of spreading such enticing falsehood.

The only consolation I can find is that I was ignorant and blind.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
:rolleyes: he sees that fleshly nation just as any other nation.

I am waiting for you to show me another nation held under a divine covenant?
45.gif

I don't know how old you are but I do know I picked up believe in that view some thirty to forty years ago and did not stop believing that view until right around the end of the 90's.

And like you I could make quite a case built upon what I thought was what the old prophetical patterns and the prophecies were saying.

Those Gentiles did not even know with familiarity about Elijah and that faithful 7,000.

So you go right ahead and ignore the context and keep imagining that Paul was speaking over the tops of the heads of his listeners if you want to.

But it is just not so.

Vengle,

I will pull you up in certain untruths as this one. Sadly you have sold your fellow Gentile brethren and Sisters rather short.

In Rom 11:13,14 Paul now focuses his attention on us the Gentile number found within the Roman community.

"But I speak to you that are Gentiles".

So while the message beforehand applied to both Jew and Gentile, this short parenthesis in verse Rom 11:13,14 includes a strict warning to the enlightened Gentiles.

All Gentile converts clearly understood how they came to understand the Gospel, how it was related to the Hope of Israel. John 4:22

They were not to despise the Jews (though by their actions many did) they were temporarily cast-off until such time as Yahweh would have it otherwise.

Paul required them not "to be ignorant of this secret" esle they become "wise in their own conceits" (Rom 11:25). So we see Paul taking extreme care in defending God’s plan with natural Israel. But as you have said Vengle highlighting their unbelief

Paul’s message was DONT BOAST!

I find this rather interesting as I imagine any reasonable Jew reading or hearing this would not be offended by this very tactful approach.

It reveals his vast understanding of the OT prophecies which we shall get to eventually.

Now, you have another problem Vengle because once again; yes the fouth (4[sup]th[/sup]) time in this chapter Paul has made claim to his natural heritage in Israel.

Surely by now the message is sinking into those ears of your?
39.gif

"I may provoke to emulation (them which are) my flesh"

All Paul here is saying – Insight’s paraphrasing “I desire to stir up their spiritual vigour so they accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ"

Now the irony here Vengle is in your above stated comments, because you spoke down at the Gentile believers who had been enlightened to Gods future work in natural Israel and how grace was administered. However Paul openly acknowledged that the Jews had "a zeal of God but not according to knowledge" (Rom 10:2).

I think you would find fewer Jews of the time understood the prophecies and certainly here in Romans 11 should you and I go back and speak with the Gentiles you would be put to shame at their understanding and knowledge of these matters.

Trying to keep you honest and on the right track (in like gentleness as the Master Heb 5:2)

Insight

p.s not that I am calling you ignorant and wayward ;)

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Here is the heart of the matter that Paul had in mind in-so-far as the sin he needed to remove from those Gentiles:

Romans 11:17-18 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

“boast" = <G2620> katakauchaomai -- from 2596 and 2744; to exult against (i.e. over): KJV -- boast (against), glory, rejoice against.

Yes, those Gentiles were pridefully rejoicing over the fall of those Jews and that is a thing the scriptures said none of us ought to do. (Proverbs 24:17) (Ezekiel 18:23)

And we see that Paul Goes on from here to speak in terms of Proverbs 24:18.

What Paul says in this part of his letter bares such a strong likeness to Proverbs 24:17-18 that he must have had that in the core of his mind.

Proverbs 24:17-18 "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him."

Compare Proverbs 24:18 to Romans 11:23-24 "And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?"

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

But it is just not so.

Of course, that's a lot of words with no Scripture to back it up, which basically means hot air. If you left what I explained in my above post, which is what Paul was showing in Romans, then you left the Scripture as written in favor of something else.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Romans 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Yes, the Gentiles boasted and rejoiced in what Paul said in verse 19 as my last post also spoke using Proverbs 24:17-18 and Ezekiel 18: 23, showing how it was wrong of them.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Here we see another confirmation that it was false pride in those Gentiles that Paul was seeking to destroy, and why? Because: 2 Corinthians 10:3 “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”

Romans 11:21-22 “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.”

That is quite the incentive pay heed to what Paul is saying. It need s no explaining. What is true for the one is true for the other in both directions.

That is the urgency. That urgency was not to the future. That urgency is always now for any of us in all generations. And it most definitely was then and there.

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

“how much more shall” those who do repent, if they repent, be grafted back in. But notice how all that Paul speaks is peppered with many an “if”. That fact and the fact that he says, “might save some of them” proves he is not pointing to any future mass exodus of his fellow Jews.

No, the closest you will get to that Insight (and Veteran) is the great crowd out of all nations and tribes and tongues of men at Revelation 7:9

How much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

It would most certainly be ridiculous to arrogantly and with failure to appreciate the remarkable nature of what was done think it would be more difficult.

Beyond that Gentleman, there is another direction from which arrogance also comes. We must avoid both.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Here is the heart of the matter that Paul had in mind in-so-far as the sin he needed to remove from those Gentiles:

Romans 11:17-18 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

“boast" = <G2620> katakauchaomai -- from 2596 and 2744; to exult against (i.e. over): KJV -- boast (against), glory, rejoice against.

Yes, those Gentiles were pridefully rejoicing over the fall of those Jews and that is a thing the scriptures said none of us ought to do. (Proverbs 24:17) (Ezekiel 18:23)

And we see that Paul Goes on from here to speak in terms of Proverbs 24:18.

What Paul says in this part of his letter bares such a strong likeness to Proverbs 24:17-18 that he must have had that in the core of his mind.

Proverbs 24:17-18 "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him."

Compare Proverbs 24:18 to Romans 11:23-24 "And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?"

"Boast not against the branches"

I could say much more but this will suffice. Paul is giving the Gentiles a solemn warning against the tendency to ignore the natural seed of Abraham, in view of the grace extended to the Gentiles.

Of course Vengle we must remember today National Israel still form "the branches" when they have been converted to Christ (Rom 11: 23).

Natural Israel will have an exalted position in the Kingdom of God upon Christs return. They are called the "the first dominion (when) the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem"

And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. Mic 4:8

You would know this prophecy is unfulfilled.

As we shall see upon Christ’s physical return to the earth, Israel is the beginning, the centre of the Kingdom, with Christ in their midst: See Zech 8:23 & Isa 60:3,5,6,7,8,9; 61:5,9; 62:1,2,3; Ezek 37:26,27,28.

You need me not to explain that Jesus is the first dominion in the earth as he is "Christ the Lord". Luke 2:11,14

Peace to Zion will come!

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Of course, that's a lot of words with no Scripture to back it up, which basically means hot air. If you left what I explained in my above post, which is what Paul was showing in Romans, then you left the Scripture as written in favor of something else.

Thank you for opinion Veteran.

I am not at all against you.

I am for God's truth.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It'll be interesting to see where the arrogance comes from when you get further down in Rom.11 where Paul gave the condition for the unbelieving part of Israel's blindness being removed. That is, if you ever do get that far in Romans 11. I expect Insight to hold you to it.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
"Boast not against the branches"

I could say much more but this will suffice. Paul is giving the Gentiles a solemn warning against the tendency to ignore the natural seed of Abraham, in view of the grace extended to the Gentiles.

Of course Vengle we must remember today National Israel still form "the branches" when they have been converted to Christ (Rom 11: 23).

Natural Israel will have an exalted position in the Kingdom of God upon Christs return. They are called the "the first dominion (when) the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem"

And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. Mic 4:8

You would know this prophecy is unfulfilled.

As we shall see upon Christ’s physical return to the earth, Israel is the beginning, the centre of the Kingdom, with Christ in their midst: See Zech 8:23 & Isa 60:3,5,6,7,8,9; 61:5,9; 62:1,2,3; Ezek 37:26,27,28.

You need not me to explain that Jesus is the first dominion in the earth as he is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11,14

Peace to Zion will come!

Close :) but not quite.

If you do not place a padlock on what you think you know you won't lose the key to it and end up not being able to put more light shedding knowledge in.

That is entirely up to you.

Love ya brother.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
View attachment 68
Close :) but not quite.

If you do not place a padlock on what you think you know you won't lose the key to it and end up not being able to put more light shedding knowledge in.

That is entirely up to you.

Love ya brother.

Please don’t have me echoing Veterans words.

Vengle, if you are not familiar with these prophecies just say so...more than happy to go deeper.

Insight

Attachments

• Blue Text Natural Israel.pdf
    134 KB · Views: 3

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 68

Please don’t have me echoing Veterans words.

Vengle, if you are not familiar with these prophecies just say so...more than happy to go deeper.

Insight

You have not listened to anything I have said or you would know that I have told you I am well familiar with those prophecies.

It suites your purpose to ignore what I say because you care only about what you believe.

A couple places you even hinted that I came into this thread and highjacked it when you know full well that when we were speaking in another thread I was the one that suggested this thread.

That is really sad Insight.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
You have not listened to anything I have said or you would know that I have told you I am well familiar with those prophecies.

It suites your purpose to ignore what I say because you care only about what you believe.

A couple places you even hinted that I came into this thread and highjacked it when you know full well that when we were speaking in another thread I was the one that suggested this thread.

That is really sad Insight.

Vengle

What seems even sadder is your rejection of Paul's initial threefold premise (Rom 11:1,2), which I thought you understood, but now have my doubts.

I stated clearly, did I not, that as we progress through this chapter the heat would be turned up! Well it's getting hot and the message of the natural branches is getting louder, which appears to be drowning out your message.

Now can you hold me liable for unfolding the truth concerning Rom 11?
Certainly not!

Now I was hoping we would move into Ezekiel 48 (and other such prophecies) where we see a marvellous vision of the Holy Land occupied with Natural Israel and the twelve Apostles ruling over them.

We shall see.

Attachments

• Distribution of Land to the Twelve Tribes.pdf
    203.9 KB · Views: 2

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Thank God for physical Israel… Israel was cut off as a nation (Jezreel),
utterly taken away, or removed (Lo-ruhamah), and no longer God's
people, or God's wife (Lo-ammi). This is confirmed in Hosea 2:2,

2 “plead with your mother, plead; for she is not My wife,
neither am I her husband.”

Likewise, Jeremiah 3:8 tells us that God gave Israel “a bill of divorce.”

Thus we find Israel divorced from God. He gave her a bill of divorce
before sending her out of the house (the deportation to Assyria). God
did it all lawfully. God is a divorcee, and Israel is His ex-wife. Don’t you
get mad at me… read it for yourself.

God would, of course, allow her to experience the oppression of those
other gods (religions of men), until she said, “I will go and return to
my first husband; for then was it better with me than now”
(Hosea 2:7). Even so, God said He would not bring her back to the old
land of Palestine. Instead, “I will allure her” to a new place called
“the wilderness” (2:14), where He would court her again. In that new
place, God says,

19 I will betroth thee unto Me in righteousness and in
judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto Me in faithfulness; and
thou shalt know the Lord.

Then in verse 23 we find the climax of the prophecy. I will quote the
verse using some of the original Hebrew words and names in the text,
so that the force of the verse is not lost in the translation. Keep in mind
that God was using the names of his children as prophetic statements.
Lo-ruhamah means “no mercy” and Lo-ammi means “not My people.”
The word lo in Hebrew means “No,” or “Not.”

23 And I will sow [zara, the root word of Jezreel, “to seed, scatter, or
sow”] her unto Me in the earth; and I will have mercy on Lo-ruhamah;
and I will say to Lo-ammi, Thou art Ammi; and they shall say, Elohim.

In other words, regarding Jezreel, the name means “to scatter” as seed
in the field, and this is the meaning of the name in Hosea 1:3. But it has
a double meaning. It also means “to sow.” One must scatter the seed to
sow it and bring an increase of grain. Hence, God's judgment upon Israel
was to scatter them like seed in the field. This is why Hosea 1:10 says of
Israel,

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the
sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered;
and it shall come to pass that in the place where it was said
unto them, Ye are not My people [Lo-ammi], there it shall be
said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

One cannot escape the simple fact that God did not cast off Israel so that
she might stumble and fall forever, but rather that she might be transferred
to a new land called “the wilderness.” Israel was being sown in a larger field,
where she might grow and multiply as seed sown in the field (the world).
Why? So that she might fulfill the promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Genesis 32:12.

Logabe