• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think it is valid for Christians to consider leaving the United States?

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My response was to your statement, quote,
Christians have a mandate from Jesus himself to inhabit ungodly places, in that I was actually thinking of cities. I believe nearly all large cities are evil places yes, despite the truth that within the cities there are some good people.
Is the US an evil country? Mmm. That's a tricky question. Is any country on this planet not evil? Is this entire planet not a fallen sin burdened war cemetery? Is it not the home to two of the most evil creatures in the universe, men and fallen angels? Is the US an exception?

I think America, at present, is a nation and society quite frankly deeply divided and very much out of balance in most ways -- spiritually most of all. Of course, the United States is better than certain totalitarian countries, like perhaps Russia or some Middle Eastern states - but I do think that America has fallen in certain ways as I have mentioned before, which are frankly very difficult to reverse or address in the near future, and I am deeply saddened by this realization. I once loved America so much - I hung a flag in my room every day, my favorite music was from old patriotic songs, I strongly defended America's actions and policies against those even in my own family who criticized them. But nowadays...

Power corrupts...and absolute power (at least in this world) corrupts absolutely, or at least, some allege. I do not know whether I entirely agree with this - but it is true that vast power leads to ego and hubris and pride, and such things do tend to lead to corruption.

Do most Europeans and Australians even view America positively these days? Perhaps some non-Americans could offer their honest input?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do most Europeans and Australians even view America positively these days? Perhaps some non-Americans could offer their honest input?
I come from NZ, now a very left wing led country that seemed to be in a race with the Australian state where I now live, Victoria, as to who would legislate the most extreme liberal policies and how soon.
I've never been to America, so everything I know about the US is second hand, through reading, talking to Americans, and hearing from a variety of sources including sites such as this.
The impression I have is certainly a nation in conflict. Ideological conflict. But it goes way deeper than that. I see a Christian society that has for some time been struggling in the battle of morals and prophetic expectations, and has gone the wrong route in it's attempt to right the wrongs. The book of Revelation speaks strongly of a power that commits fornication. Fornication is the mixing of the holy and profane... A spiritually illicit relationship. The partnering up between the church and a certain political party in order to prevent the rise of another certain political party which she sees as her enemy, send chills as it is so reminiscent of the union of church and state of the dark ages of Europe. A repeat of this with the inevitable accompanying religious legislation will be the ruin of America and the dread of Christians worldwide.