• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think it is valid for Christians to consider leaving the United States?

• Total voters
Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. That's not true.

'Floyd created havoc and a division in this country"

Not his fault.

I agree with you, and I think it was right for the officer who killed George Floyd to be held accountable in a court of law. The officer was sentenced to 22 1/2 years in prison. On a more personal note, I'd like to recommend watching this video. It's 51 minutes in length. David Wood is an ex-con, and he shares his personal experiences with police officers and correctional officers. He mentions several reasons in his commentary of why he believes the police are mistrusted these days. He also provides several examples of misconduct by police officers and correctional officers. He then explains the impact that these encounters have on suspects, inmates, and entire communities. He concludes with some suggestions for police reform. For the record, he became a Christian. Personally, I think his commentary on law enforcement is spot on, and the comments on the video are good too.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you, and I think it was right for the officer who killed George Floyd to be held accountable in a court of law. The officer was sentenced to 22 1/2 years in prison. On a more personal note, I'd like to recommend watching this video. It's 51 minutes in length. David Wood is an ex-con, and he shares his personal experiences with police officers and correctional officers. He mentions several reasons in his commentary of why he believes the police are mistrusted these days. He also provides several examples of misconduct by police officers and correctional officers. He then explains the impact that these encounters have on suspects, inmates, and entire communities. He concludes with some suggestions for police reform. For the record, he became a Christian. Personally, I think his commentary on law enforcement is spot on, and the comments on the video are good too.

Michael Franzese became a Born Again Christian too who was in the mob and his father the underboss for the Columbo crime family, so what? It’s the very criminals and liberals who put these communists in power soon you’ll all regret it when you’re being robbed and raped and the cops won’t come to your rescue because of the very same thing happening that happened with Floyd, they won’t want to put their careers at risk or wind up going to jail.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I watch and admire some of David Wood's videos - although I do wish he might be more sensitive and prudent on some topics. I think that they play an important role in some communities -- but another reason why I am so disillusioned is again, the intense racial and ethnic conflicts and tensions in America today. Do you remember the mass rioting and the burning of stores and police stations after a black man was killed a year ago? Our society truly does seem to be tearing itself apart. I know some people face racism...but is such violence against other people productive in the long term? I am just so frustrated and confused sometimes - I want change, but I don't know how to effect that change realistically.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-...e-of-race-relations/psdt_04-09-19_race-01-12/

PSDT_04.09.19_race-01-12.png

Reactions: maximum velocity

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Do you think it is valid for Christians to consider leaving the United States?"

It would depend on why they're leaving. Jesus sent out his followers 'like sheep among wolves' Christians have a mandate from Jesus himself to inhabit ungodly places and to bring light and truth to them. Not to turn their backs and run away.

Reactions: pompadour

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watch and admire some of David Wood's videos - although I do wish he might be more sensitive and prudent on some topics. I think that they play an important role in some communities -- but another reason why I am so disillusioned is again, the intense racial and ethnic conflicts and tensions in America today. Do you remember the mass rioting and the burning of stores and police stations after a black man was killed a year ago? Our society truly does seem to be tearing itself apart. I know some people face racism...but is such violence against other people productive in the long term? I am just so frustrated and confused sometimes - I want change, but I don't know how to effect that change realistically.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-...e-of-race-relations/psdt_04-09-19_race-01-12/

PSDT_04.09.19_race-01-12.png
The problem is certain ethnic and race groups look for tragedies like this to happen so they have an excuse too loot and plunder its a fact, it happened back in the sixties, Rodney King, Hurricane Katrina, you name it, and I’m not being racist it’s just a matter of fact. Just look at the majority of the people involved.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s your opinion and your right, I support law and order and the blue line, you side with the criminals, you probably voted for the current communist administration too, who are for this kind of lawlessness and chaos, you probably like antifa also.

And yes it was his fault, had he followed orders he’d still be smoking his crack and shooting his fentanyl and committing more crimes.
That’s a lot of assumptions to make about someone, just because they happen to think this particular officer acted wrongly ……of course the outcome could have been different, but that includes if the officer in question had equally made different choices. Having those views does not mean you side with criminals or vote in a particular way.

Reactions: maximum velocity

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Do you think it is valid for Christians to consider leaving the United States?"

It would depend on why they're leaving. Jesus sent out his followers 'like sheep among wolves' Christians have a mandate from Jesus himself to inhabit ungodly places and to bring light and truth to them. Not to turn their backs and run away.
We don't need to inhabit evil places. In fact we shouldn't. We may visit in order to share the gospel, but living in dangerous and wicked cities becomes a temptation to partake of the same evil. Like Lot's family. He had to be dragged out, lost his wife, and his progeny was affected for generations.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a lot of assumptions to make about someone, just because they happen to think this particular officer acted wrongly ……of course the outcome could have been different, but that includes if the officer in question had equally made different choices. Having those views does not mean you side with criminals or vote in a particular way.
Sorry Rita but it does mean that, I live in reality and have been in riots because of the color of my skin, I’m from Downeck, Newark New Jersey, the only White section of Newark, my family survived the 67’ Newark Riots, when Rodney King riots broke out they had curfews in Newark with dozens of Police cars pacing the streets in case riots broke out because my neighborhood was surrounded by projects, my brother remembers Army tanks strolling down the streets to protect the citizens from the Blacks, our neighbors had to sit shotgun on their porches to protect their homes and family, I wasn’t born yet but I’ve heard horror stories of the horrors the White people had to live through during that period, Newark was predominantly black back then before the Hispanics starting moving in, Downeck was mostly Italian, Portuguese, Polish and Irish back then surrounded by projects and the rest of Newark pure Black. And going to high school was was tough too, there were always race riots because the blacks would jump us in the hallways, and then we have band together and the riots began where dozens of police cars would have to come to the high school to stop the riots.

So yes Rita I can make those assumptions, I’ve earned the right and lived through it. You ever get your head cracked open by a baseball bat?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The officer acted appropriately and used common police tactics to subdue a criminal who resists arrest, plain and simple, Floyd was so high he basically overdosed, toxicology reports proved it.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A judge and jury believed that ex-officer Derek Chauvin acted wrongly, and he will spend 22 1/2 years in prison for the murder of George Floyd. He was convicted of second-degree and third-degree murder, as well as second-degree manslaughter. He was also required to register as a predatory offender and he was barred from owning firearms for life. I think this sends a clear message that police officers can be held accountable in court.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Rita but it does mean that, I live in reality and have been in riots because of the color of my skin, I’m from Downeck, Newark New Jersey, the only White section of Newark, my family survived the 67’ Newark Riots, when Rodney King riots broke out they had curfews in Newark with dozens of Police cars pacing the streets in case riots broke out because my neighborhood was surrounded by projects, my brother remembers Army tanks strolling down the streets to protect the citizens from the Blacks, our neighbors had to sit shotgun on their porches to protect their homes and family, I wasn’t born yet but I’ve heard horror stories of the horrors the White people had to live through during that period, Newark was predominantly black back then before the Hispanics starting moving in, Downeck was mostly Italian, Portuguese, Polish and Irish back then surrounded by projects and the rest of Newark pure Black. And going to high school was was tough too, there were always race riots because the blacks would jump us in the hallways, and then we have band together and the riots began where dozens of police cars would have to come to the high school to stop the riots.

So yes Rita I can make those assumptions, I’ve earned the right and lived through it. You ever get your head cracked open by a baseball bat?
Perhaps you should go back and re read my post…I was talking about the assumptions you were making about Cassandra , and possibly me because I agreed with her …….just because you have gone through all those things does not mean that you can jump to conclusions about someone else’s political views or accuse them of being on the side of criminals in general.
Did I ever question the riots or say they didn’t happen, or agree with them…………….if you want to consider the police officer was acting in a good way that is fine, but that doesn’t mean others have to agree with you or that you can make assumptions about them without being challenge about it.
Rita

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should go back and re read my post…I was talking about the assumptions you were making about Cassandra , and possibly me because I agreed with her …….just because you have gone through all those things does not mean that you can jump to conclusions about someone else’s political views or accuse them of being on the side of criminals in general.
Did I ever question the riots or say they didn’t happen, or agree with them…………….if you want to consider the police officer was acting in a good way that is fine, but that doesn’t mean others have to agree with you or that you can make assumptions about them without being challenge about it.
Rita
You can challenge me all you want, and I can make all the assumptions I want based on what I read and see and through real life experiences.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A judge and jury believed that ex-officer Derek Chauvin acted wrongly, and he will spend 22 1/2 years in prison for the murder of George Floyd. He was convicted of second-degree and third-degree murder, as well as second-degree manslaughter. He was also required to register as a predatory offender and he was barred from owning firearms for life. I think this sends a clear message that police officers can be held accountable in court.
That was all done to appease Black Lives Matter, that's all.

He'll get out sooner than that.

Support the Blue Line!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can challenge me all you want, and I can make all the assumptions I want based on what I read and see and through real life experiences.
Once again you have failed to understand the point I was making…………..however perhaps you need to re read the forum rules , Just in case you presume you can say what ever you want about other members of the forum…….
Assumption and accusation are quite closely linked….

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you have failed to understand the point I was making…………..however perhaps you need to re read the forum rules , Just in case you presume you can say what ever you want about other members of the forum…….
Assumption and accusation are quite closely linked….
I understood what you said, I din't through insults at anyone or used profanity, so how did I break forum rules?

Are you trying to get me into trouble because I said something you didn't like? Then don't read it and keep quoting my posts.

My conversation with you is over, you'll get no responses from if you continue.

Have a great and blessed day Rita, may God be with you.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn’t say you broke the rules JohnPaul, read what I said!
You claimed that you were allowed to make ‘ whatever assumptions you wanted ‘ …..it came across as ‘ I can do whatever I like ‘………so I simply reminded you that there are limits and that assumptions written down can sound like accusations, which can in turn cross a line……..
End of conversation x

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We don't need to inhabit evil places. In fact we shouldn't. We may visit in order to share the gospel, but living in dangerous and wicked cities becomes a temptation to partake of the same evil. Like Lot's family. He had to be dragged out, lost his wife, and his progeny was affected for generations.
So are you saying the US is an evil place?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So are you saying the US is an evil place?
My response was to your statement, quote,
Christians have a mandate from Jesus himself to inhabit ungodly places, in that I was actually thinking of cities. I believe nearly all large cities are evil places yes, despite the truth that within the cities there are some good people.
Is the US an evil country? Mmm. That's a tricky question. Is any country on this planet not evil? Is this entire planet not a fallen sin burdened war cemetery? Is it not the home to two of the most evil creatures in the universe, men and fallen angels? Is the US an exception?

Reactions: LouisWilliams

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 'Christians & Christian ministries/missions' in many cities..around the world.
---
I was involved in Christian ministry.. New York city.
- 1980's.