1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

Discussion in 'Testimonial Forum' started by Mike Waters, Jan 28, 2020.

1. historyb

historyb Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    When I was first looking for new Church I entered the Church I am a part of now and when it was time to partake of the Holy Eucharist which contains the Real Presence of Christ I was overwhelmed and started to weep, I knew I found home.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    OK, but I won't even ask the means you use to test the spirits. Oh, I know you use the Bible or you use the tests someone else already applied using the Bible.

I also test the spirits, but daily surrender to the lead of the Holy Spirit and keep first things first. That may mean nothing to you except perhaps another point of disagreement.

Again you understand why there are denominations.

Nancy likes this.
  3. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A safe position is, it? That is the same argument I have heard from BOL and Marymog on this very forum. You said earlier that you were not a Catholic, but you use the same argument they do. Doesn't make you stop and consider again? Do you live by faith or according to history and a position made safe by time?

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways." Haggai 1:7

4. reformed1689

reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Safe because the only men who met the requirement of an Apostle died 2,000 years ago.

5. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Jesus also died about 2,000 years ago, but He lives today! I guess you don't understand that you are working to prove that He is still dead! You did not see Him die and you did not see Him resurrect, therefore...?

I see Him when I read my Bible, and when I talk to Him and He talks to me, but I also see Him in the lives of some people on this forum. But you, on the other hand take up the way of Saul of Tarsis by throwing water on the Life of God in them anytime someone tries to give you a little a glimpse... as if you could put out the Light of God.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Giuliano likes this.
  6. reformed1689

reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We aren't talking about Jesus. Surely you know He has a big difference from the Apostles....

This is not true. I just don't allow emotion to overthrow the Scriptures. I'll stick with the scriptures.

7. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    He is a pastor...??

Edit: oh, no, I see he says he is not.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  8. Giuliano

Giuliano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Okay, make it preacher then. People have Bibles to read for themselves. Why do they need you? I don't understand your idea that what you have to offer them is the Scriptures unless they don't own Bibles. In what way you own the Scripture but they don't?

amadeus and Nancy like this.
  9. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Spiritual Warrior Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Well see, my point exactly, can't put Him or your faith in a box....for each of us it is different.:)

amadeus likes this.
  10. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Do you realize how often you make this comment or ones similar without supplying a scripture with which you are referring to?

11. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Main emphasis was on the hearing....but it is such a huge lesson and so much to quote and cover in one little thread...lol

amadeus likes this.
  12. Giuliano

Giuliano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I am still waiting for the Scripture that states the canon was closed when John finished writing Revelation. If you gave it, I missed it.

I'm still trying to figure out what your saying you could offer people the Scriptures as if they belonged to you in some special way so that people need to run to you to get the Scriptures. Yes, I'm trying to test that spirit. It also double minded since on one hand you advise people to read the Bible for themselves but on other you say you can "offer" them the Scriptures. It looks like pride or delusion is at work to me.

amadeus and bbyrd009 like this.
  13. brakelite

brakelite Guest

So of course which meant the following was essential right... Giving others the freedom to worship according to conscience was unthinkable... Destroy them all... God won't do it so we have to yes?
    Mmm. Of course they did. And we still celebrate them today... Like Guy Fawkes day. Yeah.
    There is no such thing as a Protestant church. In fact, there's barely any protestants left Mary. They've all capitulated and returned to mother. The rest will follow suit eventually. According to them the protest is finished. Who's protesting on this forum today? Me, aaannd...
    And what happened to the church of Syria... Ethiopia... India.... Persia.... Afghanistan.... China.... Britain....

amadeus, bbyrd009 and Nancy like this.
  14. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Well apparently according to you. He isnt allowed to talk to me, even though I am willing to listen.

amadeus likes this.
  15. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    What did you shut the door and throw away the key, so He couldnt talk to you.. But he seems to have little regard for mens foolishness as He still talks to men and reveals Himself to them. You are throwing out all the best bits of God just so you can pleas your flesh.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

amadeus likes this.
  16. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Show me where God said HE would no longer speak to man I will show you a gazzilion places where Jesus said HE would.

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

amadeus, Episkopos and stunnedbygrace like this.
  17. brakelite

brakelite Guest

You're not? Oh, sorry, you 'talk' like one.

amadeus and bbyrd009 like this.
  18. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    those up there were right above, my apologies, but there are many, many others, you and your sons will be here with me, No one has ever gone up to heaven, There is only One Immortal, lilies of the field, all go to the same place, if you dig a pit for others, no one knows where they go when they die

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  19. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    what would that be? Orthodox, i guess?

20. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    John 8:21 and John 13:33.

amadeus, bbyrd009 and Heart2Soul like this.