Having Difficulties Continually

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still in a situation that I've been unhappy about. Frustrated that this goes on forever. Stuck in a state that I never embraced coming to, and wanting to return to where I formerly was. I am also dealing with division with my mother. I think the Jezebel spirit has been working against me.

Please pray against the delay regarding my situation. I need prayer on the spirit of limitation and difficulties.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still in a situation that I've been unhappy about. Frustrated that this goes on forever. Stuck in a state that I never embraced coming to, and wanting to return to where I formerly was. I am also dealing with division with my mother. I think the Jezebel spirit has been working against me.

Please pray against the delay regarding my situation. I need prayer on the spirit of limitation and difficulties.
It might sound ridiculous to you, if you're unfamiliar with it, but have you ever tried fasting?

It purifies the spirit and can often lead to breakthroughs in unanswered prayers, etc.

It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Start with skipping a meal or two, just drinking water, but pray about your intentions and dedicate your discomfort to the Lord and ask Him to help you in your efforts.

I can go up to 3 days now without any food at all, just water. It took a while to get to that and I only do it once a month or so. But I have had amazing breakthroughs with healing loved ones and having other situations miraculously work themselves out.

Jesus tells us that some demons only come out with prayer and fasting. Matthew 17:21 KJV

Fasting is essential to a powerful prayer life. It purifies your spirit and supercharges your prayers. Just do it in sincerity as a kind of sacrifice to the Lord, not just as a tool to control God and get your way. If that is the case, you will be wasting your time and efforts.

Also make sure that what you are asking for is not selfish/greedy or materialistic. God usually gives us exactly what we need, but He also does it when the time is best for us to have it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel ya brother... I have been meditating over Revelation 2:20.....
“Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.”
— Revelation 2:20 (KJV)
As I meditate on this I realize that He holds the Church responsible for allowing the Jezebel Spirit to manifest through teaching and seduction creating division among the brethren.
Then I also realize that Jesus is in me...the Holy Spirit is in me...and whatever power He has is in me as well because He is in me....now I have to learn to allow Him more opportunity to manifest that power through me...
I guess I was always figuring it out and praying God would answer my prayer according to how I had it all figured out....lol.
Now I am exercising my faith to just let go, let God, rest in Him and be at peace...rejoicing in my trials and tribulations.
Praying for you and I hope this made sense.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might sound ridiculous to you, if you're unfamiliar with it, but have you ever tried fasting?

It purifies the spirit and can often lead to breakthroughs in unanswered prayers, etc.

It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Start with skipping a meal or two, just drinking water, but pray about your intentions and dedicate your discomfort to the Lord and ask Him to help you in your efforts.

I can go up to 3 days now without any food at all, just water. It took a while to get to that and I only do it once a month or so. But I have had amazing breakthroughs with healing loved ones and having other situations miraculously work themselves out.

Jesus tells us that some demons only come out with prayer and fasting. Matthew 17:21 KJV

Fasting is essential to a powerful prayer life. It purifies your spirit and supercharges your prayers. Just do it in sincerity as a kind of sacrifice to the Lord, not just as a tool to control God and get your way. If that is the case, you will be wasting your time and efforts.

Also make sure that what you are asking for is not selfish/greedy or materialistic. God usually gives us exactly what we need, but He also does it when the time is best for us to have it.
I'll use that idea for my quitting tobacco. I've fasted for 3 days on a few occasions and it does help, especially with faith.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sorry STL,
I pray God will soon intervene in your situation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I feel ya brother... I have been meditating over Revelation 2:20.....
“Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.”
— Revelation 2:20 (KJV)
As I meditate on this I realize that He holds the Church responsible for allowing the Jezebel Spirit to manifest through teaching and seduction creating division among the brethren.
Then I also realize that Jesus is in me...the Holy Spirit is in me...and whatever power He has is in me as well because He is in me....now I have to learn to allow Him more opportunity to manifest that power through me...
I guess I was always figuring it out and praying God would answer my prayer according to how I had it all figured out....lol.
Now I am exercising my faith to just let go, let God, rest in Him and be at peace...rejoicing in my trials and tribulations.
Praying for you and I hope this made sense.
@Heart2Soul It seems that the letters to the seven churches of Asia contains various tendencies which can start to characterize local churches but also there is the warning for those tendencies to be avoided.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul It seems that the letters to the seven churches of Asia contains various tendencies which can start to characterize local churches but also there is the warning for those tendencies to be avoided.
I truly believe those letters were intended to apply to the church of today....we are in what is called "Church Age"....and Jesus is all about the "Church".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I truly believe those letters were intended to apply to the church of today....we are in what is called "Church Age"....and Jesus is all about the "Church".
@Heart2Soul Indeed, I agree.....

The letters in Revelation are rather like the Apostle saying, If it all seems to go wrong, it's nothing new: what you must avoid is what others have faced the challenge to avoid also.....

(Example of the sufficiency of Scripture...)