He blessed the bread, and broke it . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 14:19-20 KJV
19) And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
20) And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

When we come to Him . . . are we the bread He blesses, and brakes, and gives?

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 KJV
7) And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8) For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We generally want to be somebody in this world. But Christ made Himself a humble servant for our sake. That's why we rejoice in weakness and suffering. That's what makes us like Him.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like the sign at the gates of hell in fiction . . . "abandon hope all who enter". We need to abandon all hopes and dreams for this world when we follow Christ.

Much love!

Yes, so much trouble I've had for trying to follow my dreams in this world without seeking God.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, so much trouble I've had for trying to follow my dreams in this world without seeking God.
I've come to the conclusion that suffering is God's crowbar to pry me away from my fleshiness.

The spiritual life is so fundamentally different from our natural life, I think there are times we just have no ability to conceptualize what God wants to do with us. And so we have no idea what the target looks like, much less how to get there. Suffering forces us into a corner, as it were, that we come face to face with the fact of our weakness, and in that moment of reality, Jesus changes us.

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've come to the conclusion that suffering is God's crowbar to pry me away from my fleshiness.

The spiritual life is so fundamentally different from our natural life, I think there are times we just have no ability to conceptualize what God wants to do with us. And so we have no idea what the target looks like, much less how to get there. Suffering forces us into a corner, as it were, that we come face to face with the fact of our weakness, and in that moment of reality, Jesus changes us.

Much love!

I agree. I suffer when I'm not in His will too. I think if we do even basic things to God's glory, this pleases God. Better to do something small in obedience than something big that's in our flesh.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I suffer when I'm not in His will too. I think if we do even basic things to God's glory, this pleases God. Better to do something small in obedience than something big that's in our flesh.
I think that sometimes it's His will that we suffer. That suffering is a necessary part of our development.

For myself, I've come to understand some things about God, and about Jesus, and about myself, things that I never would have known in the same way, the depth of understanding, without times of severe suffering.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Yet the target we are to look at , can be found within the pages of the bible . LEARN THAT JESUS , Learn the truth of those aposetls .
THEY KNEW IT . THEY TRULY KNEW IT . IT must be our same mark too . So mark , MARK THOSE EYES UPON THE PRIZE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that sometimes it's His will that we suffer. That suffering is a necessary part of our development.

For myself, I've come to understand some things about God, and about Jesus, and about myself, things that I never would have known in the same way, the depth of understanding, without times of severe suffering.

Much love!
has it led you in the direction of the things JESUS taught . Has it led you in the direction of the things the apostels taught .
SUFFERING works for our good . Let us take it patiently . But let no man suffer as an evil doer .
Rather let them suffer for keeping the will of GOD . FOr with such sufferings GOD is well pleased .
Now lift those hands up high . AND it is true that we can get chastened for our errors . BUT always remember
that all whom GOD loves HE does chasten and scourge .
AND let us remember this , IF we would judge ourselves we would not be chastized , but when we are chastened
it is so that we are not destroyed with this world . Either way , let us open bibles and stay well planted in them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless a seed die, and go into the ground, it remains alone.

Much love!
That was such a beauty JESUS said , but then all HIS teachings are of pure beauty .
HE was speaking of HIMSELF . AND from that one seed there has sprung up many believers .
TO HE WE OWE ALL . Now let the glorious LORD be praised .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all do my dear sister . IF we would judge ourselves we would not be judged , but when we are chastened of GOD
it is so that we are not destroyed with the rest of the world . We just gotta learn to repent . Confess , forsake and HEED
the SPIRIT and the words of our LORD .

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless a seed die, and go into the ground, it remains alone.

Yes, that seed must die, but when it does God will make it grow and be fruitful. I wrote the following in a poem when I was going through trials, I hope it helps any who are suffering to see that suffering is not God's will for us, but rather the result of the "accuser of the Brethren".

"You can't have a rainbow without a storm,
You can't celebrate a victory without a war,
The tears, the anger, the loss of hope,
the suffering the hardship we face today,
are all there to lead us to overcome
and to rejoice and praise you and pray

Can't be grateful for love without being lonely,
Can't celebrate birth without pain and groaning.
The precious things of this world,
The love the children the matrimony,
take pain and storms and wars till they grow,
and bear the fruit worthy of ceremony.

LORD, You are the rainbow after the Storm,
The celebration after the war.
LORD, you are the love of the Lonely heart,
when sorrows turn and joys impart.
LORD, You lift us up when we are low,
You then can make rivers of blessings flow.

But only after the Storm!

Reactions: marks

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Blessings in Christ Jesus. I played this video at least 6 or seven times as I could feel his heart. I all most feel like I want to fight his battle for him, as that is part of my calling. So I was curious to find out more, so I followed this video to YouTube. On YouTube, he has one more song, which I also like. And in that song, he says everything I perceived about him, in words. He is a Brother in Christ Jesus.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus. I played this video at least 6 or seven times as I could feel his heart. I all most feel like I want to fight his battle for him, as that is part of my calling. So I was curious to find out more, so I followed this video to YouTube. On YouTube, he has one more song, which I also like. And in that song, he says everything I perceived about him, in words. He is a Brother in Christ Jesus.
He's one of my best of friends. We work together, so he was with me day by day as I went through some serious health struggles a few years back, and wrote this for me.

Much love!

Reactions: GTW27

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well his words touched me, I like what I heard, I liked what I saw. I especially liked the joy coming through in the second video. A good friend is such a Blessing to have. My best Friend is probably how I was able to see your friend as he truly is. Be Blessed Marks.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well his words touched me, I like what I heard, I liked what I saw. I especially liked the joy coming through in the second video. A good friend is such a Blessing to have. My best Friend is probably how I was able to see your friend as he truly is. Be Blessed Marks.
Me too, all of the above!

Much love!

Reactions: GTW27

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He blessed the bread, and broke it . . .
....because his disciples forgot the serrated knife. o_O