He has fixed a day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death NEVER means cease to exist in the Bible.

Sample
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

They will certainly wish they ceased to exist! Satan loves it when his messengers tell us that there is no "everlasting fire" that Jesus clearly warned us about.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Death NEVER means cease to exist in the Bible.

Sample
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

They will certainly wish they ceased to exist! Satan loves it when his messengers tell us that there is no "everlasting fire" that Jesus clearly warned us about.
....and God will look over the edge of the volcano gloating at their misfortune as the wicked flay around in the molten lava screaming in agony for eternity because of a mere seventy years of being bad......acting out their genetic disposition which they had no say in!

Thank-you for drawing me nearer to a loving God. I suppose Mr Putin is an angel of light in comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: face2face

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....and God will look over the edge of the volcano gloating at their misfortune as the wicked flay around in the molten lava screaming in agony for eternity because of a mere seventy years of being bad......acting out their genetic disposition which they had no say in!

Thank-you for drawing me nearer to a loving God. I suppose Mr Putin is an angel of light in comparison.
What does your fairy tale have to do with the Scriptures I quoted?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does your fairy tale have to do with the Scriptures I quoted?
Yes, you quoted scriptures but that does not mean you understand them.
My 'fairy tale' is the logical extension of your misunderstanding.

Reactions: face2face

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about some Bible? Aren't you a Bible believer?
As per your request ...

1 John 1:5
'This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all'

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As per your request ...

1 John 1:5
'This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all'
Amen! And He warned us of "the everlasting fire".

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the criteria that determines eternal death or eternal life, but this is:
Romans 8:
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have NOT the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rev. 3:
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door,
I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 3:
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see [perceive] the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

See also 1 John 5:12-13
[12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye  HAVE eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen! And He warned us of "the everlasting fire".
Do you think it is possible that the expression 'everlasting fire' is reference to other than what you imagine it to be Jack?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is not the criteria that determines eternal death or eternal life, but this is:
Romans 8:
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have NOT the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rev. 3:
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door,
I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 3:
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see [perceive] the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

See also 1 John 5:12-13
[12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye  HAVE eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Did I make that claim?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's worse than sad that Satan's children lead each other to Hell fire, the "everlasting fire" that Jesus warned us about.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think it is possible that the expression 'everlasting fire' is reference to other than what you imagine it to be Jack?
I don't have to imagine what Jesus said. He said:
Sample
Matthew 25
Revelation 20

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't have to imagine what Jesus said. He said:
Sample
Matthew 25
Revelation 20
You seem to know what these words mean in modern Western culture but do you know what they mean in Hebrew culture?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to know what these words mean in modern Western culture but do you know what they mean in Hebrew culture?
Do you think you're qualified to rewrite our English Bibles that all say you're wrong? I don't think you are.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think you're qualified to rewrite our English Bibles that all say you're wrong? I don't think you are.
I am qualified to ask questions.....particularly about the character of God; that is how the integrity or lack of it of God is established in the understanding of a person.

It has nothing to do with rewriting our English bibles, however it does have everything to do with HOW they are understood just so I don't turn worms never dying into immortal worms and so on.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am qualified to ask questions.....particularly about the character of God; that is how the integrity or lack of it of God is established in the understanding of a person.

It has nothing to do with rewriting our English bibles, however it does have everything to do with HOW they are understood just so I don't turn worms never dying into immortal worms and so on.
Every English Bible says you're wrong.

Reactions: Scott Downey