"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before coming to Christ, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Thus their righteousness is as filthy rags.
You are as confused as ever. The Christians righteousness is not really his or her own, and had nothing to do with filthy rags.

When God save a sinner, He removes those filthy rags and replaces them with the robe of Christ's righteousness. Therefore every believer is deemed to be as righteous as Christ. Then when Christians walk "in the Spirit" it is GOD which worketh in you both will and to do of His good pleasure. Thus those who practice righteousness are indeed righteous.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are as confused as ever. The Christians righteousness is not really his or her own, and had nothing to do with filthy rags.

When God save a sinner, He removes those filthy rags and replaces them with the robe of Christ's righteousness. Therefore every believer is deemed to be as righteous as Christ. Then when Christians walk "in the Spirit" it is GOD which worketh in you both will and to do of His good pleasure. Thus those who practice righteousness are indeed righteous.

Did you read the first word of my post??? ROFL I said BEFORE
Whose confused? Or maybe you were saved right out of the womb. hehehehe I think you just like to argue like some old curmudgeon, whether it makes you look silly or not! You enjoy it too much not to. Love you anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM and justbyfaith

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
All verses below are from the NKJV.

“… everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

“… whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God …” (1 John 3:10)

“He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.” (1 John 3:7)

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is NOT of God,
NOR is he who does NOT love his brother.” (
1 John 3:10)

“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)

“… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“… slaves of righteousness for holiness.” (
Romans 6:19)

God does NOT practice righteousness for BACs.
BACs must do the practicing of righteousness for themselves.

From the verses above, do we agree?
God only invites into heaven …
those who have a standing of righteousness before Him,
those whom He considers righteous.
The righteous practices righteousness.

Who are the righteous? They are those born of God.

Tong
R2771

Reactions: HIM

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Is there anybody that born of God ?
Did they had escaped from the devil test ?
As anybody that born of God will be tested by devil in wilderness, aren't we all experience it in this covid pandemic ?
Why we still fight each other while the evil one continue their vaccination, did you all doing the righteousness in this covid pandemic ?
Everybody will responsible for their own life to God (Galatians 6).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.” (1 John 3:7)

Hello Zachary, I remember you from CF, I learned a lot from your posts. Thanks for your input. I think your right, but I also think the Lord is merciful to the weak.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As long as you agree that Christ is our righteousness and not our deeds. Our deeds of righteousness are only because He lives within us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you agree that Christ is our righteousness and not our deeds. Our deeds of righteousness are only because He lives within us.
Our righteous deeds are the natural result of being righteous in Christ.

If we don't have them, we ought to question as to whether we are genuinely in the faith (Philippians 2:12, 2 Peter 1:10, 2 Corinthians 13:5).

Reactions: HIM

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

True, but when Christ abides in us, we will naturally do good deeds by our new nature. And our new nature doesn't willfully sin. So if we willfully commit sins of lawlessness, that is a sign that we are NOT born again, and do not belong to Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 07-07-07

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our righteous deeds are the natural result of being righteous in Christ.

If we don't have them, we ought to question as to whether we are genuinely in the faith (Philippians 2:12, 2 Peter 1:10, 2 Corinthians 13:5).

Now see, you are finally beginning to write like you have read Scripture and my words! A new life produces new actions. Not perfection, but a progressive growth in holiness. God is very patient with those He saves, but you folks who believe God will take away your salvation is you don't meet some arbitrary made up standard of "goodness" make God out to be an ogre.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new life produces new actions. Not perfection,

It can produce perfection (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT), Philippians 3:15)

but you folks who believe God will take away your salvation is you don't meet some arbitrary made up standard of "goodness" make God out to be an ogre.

God is not an ogre for requiring righteousness and goodness; but a just and righteous King.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but when Christ abides in us, we will naturally do good deeds by our new nature. And our new nature doesn't willfully sin. So if we willfully commit sins of lawlessness, that is a sign that we are NOT born again, and do not belong to Christ.

Already went through this dance with you and showed you with many bible verses why you are deceived.

If a follower of Jesus willfully sins (for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident) we have 1 John 1:9. You have to decieve yourself and call your failures not failures in order to keep from thinking you have lost your salvation according to your unbiblical theology.

You should learn what the verses you use actually say, it could set you free.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident)

If you dream about sinning, you have sinned; however I don't believe that such a sin is willful; because it is all according to your subconscious mind.

Likewise, if you see a beautiful woman and are attracted to her when she is not your wife, you have sinned (Matthew 5:27-30). However, I don't think that you have any control over who you might be attracted to. That is not a willful sin.

If a follower of Jesus willfully sins (for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident) we have 1 John 1:9.

1 John 1:9 is for unintentional sins.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So answer me this-- are you perfect in thought word and deed or do you still sin, even if only occasionally ? We go no further until you directly answer this direct request.
I do not consider myself to have apprehended (Philippians 3:12-14) and that makes me a candidate for perfection (Philippians 3:15).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already went through this dance with you and showed you with many bible verses why you are deceived.

If a follower of Jesus willfully sins (for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident) we have 1 John 1:9. You have to decieve yourself and call your failures not failures in order to keep from thinking you have lost your salvation according to your unbiblical theology.

You should learn what the verses you use actually say, it could set you free.

Ron, 1 John 1:9 is to BECOME a Christian. We are cleansed from ALL unrighteousness, including separation from the old sin nature, and He creates in us a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. Did Christ sin? It doesn't need to be repeated anymore than Acts 2:38 needs to be repeated. It is how we receive the Holy Spirit and are born again. How many times do you need baptism? Just once! Then go through the steps to maturity in fruit. Sin has already been taken away. The Spirit freed us from sin.

The problem with the natural man is they only believe what they experience, and lower the power of God down to the human level. They have no idea of how powerful our God is. He created us! And He can certainly re-create us.

Here is a verse that the unbelief of the natural man shoves aside as impossible, but the truly born again KNOW it is true:

John 14:
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Zachary, I remember you from CF, I learned a lot from your posts. Thanks for your input. I think your right, but I also think the Lord is merciful to the weak.
Hi Devin, thanks for your encouragement.
Often it's difficult to know if we make a difference.

Reactions: dev553344

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... you folks who believe God will take away your salvation is you don't meet some arbitrary made up standard of "goodness" make God out to be an ogre.
Some of us are folks who quote NT verses ... and believe them!

There are dozens of NT verses that threaten loss of salvation!
Surely, they are one of God's methods of chastising BACs
who are sinning habitually (without repentance).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are dozens of NT verses that threaten loss of salvation!
That is simply not the case. Salvation includes (1) the supernatural New Birth (regeneration), (2) the gift of the Holy Spirit, (3) the gift of eternal life, (4) justification by grace through faith, (5) the forgiveness of sins, (6) a new heart and a new spirit, (7) a new creature in Christ, (8) predestination for perfection and glorification, (9) the impossibility of being separated from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, (10) the impossibility of being plucked out of the Father's hand, (11) the indwelling of God Himself, and (12) the assurance of the knowledge of salvation.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 1:9 is to BECOME a Christian.
This is a horrendously terrible statement ... it is false doctrine of the highest magnitude!

1 John 1:9 was written to believers in the churches.

Many BACs use 1 John 1:9 as a proper and true encouragement
to believers who need to understand that ...
Jesus will cleanse away a particular sin from those
who ask the Lord for forgiveness and sincerely REPENT

(which means to turn away from that sin, endeavoring to never repeat it again).