He who restrains . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mystery of Iniquity doth already work . . . the unknowable working of lawlessness

Musterion . . . something unknowable unless revealed to you.

There is a hidden working of lawlessness that is currently being restrained, but that restraint will end when the restrainer
"becomes out of the midst", interesting language, isn't it?

Much love!
Wrong approach.

Just because the Greek word 'musterion' is used does NOT mean it's a matter no one can know about.

Their evil working Lord Jesus proclaimed OPENLY in His parable of the "tares", and in that same Matthew 13 Chapter He even 'explained'... the mystery about the "tares" when His Apostles asked Him about it in private.

So how is it that you don't understand what He was talking about, and say things like that is hidden, that no one can know about such things?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your presumption is a little premature, don't you think? We're just getting started, but if this is how it's going to go, I'm not so interested, just sayin'.

Much love!
Well, with that attitude, it would appear that you are just going to 'push' the false Pre-trib Rapture line about Paul's "mystery of iniquity" idea, thus staying deceived. And the fact that you're showing you're not interested in what I'm trying to show you from God's Word reveals your deceptions by the false Pre-trib Rapture theory preachers.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong approach.

Just because the Greek word 'musterion' is used does NOT mean it's a matter no one can know about.

Their evil working Lord Jesus proclaimed OPENLY in His parable of the "tares", and in that same Matthew 13 Chapter He even 'explained'... the mystery about the "tares" when His Apostles asked Him about it in private.

So how is it that you don't understand what He was talking about, and say things like that is hidden, that no one can know about such things?
Part of my approach is to learn the words, what they say, and go from there. Understand the word so you can understand the clause, so you can understand the sentence, so you can understand the paragraph, the chapter, the book, the Bible.

We won't reach correct understanding, or so it seems to me, if we fail to utilize the meanings of the words the Bible is written in.

Musterion refers to something unknown without revelation. If it had been revealed already, it would not be musterion still. Your assertion that Jesus already revealed this conflicts with Paul's wording.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the fact that you're showing you're not interested
I'm asking you questions and wading through your increasing number of personal comments because I'm not interested?

Well, the fact is, these are the things that are making my interest wane.

Oh well!

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of my approach is to learn the words, what they say, and go from there. Understand the word so you can understand the clause, so you can understand the sentence, so you can understand the paragraph, the chapter, the book, the Bible.

We won't reach correct understanding, or so it seems to me, if we fail to utilize the meanings of the words the Bible is written in.

Musterion refers to something unknown without revelation. If it had been revealed already, it would not be musterion still. Your assertion that Jesus already revealed this conflicts with Paul's wording.

Much love!
Thus to you, Christ's "mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" is not given?

Matt 13:10-11
10 And the disciples came, and said unto Him, "Why speakest Thou unto them in parables?"

11 He answered and said unto them, "Because it is given unto you to know the
mysteries (Greek musterion) of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking you questions and wading through your increasing number of personal comments because I'm not interested?

Oh well!

Much love!
Like I said before, too much information that is evidently closed off to you, by your own choice.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe returning to my original question . . .

2 Thessalonians 2:6-8 LITV
6) And now you know the thing holding back, for him to be revealed in his time.
7) For the mystery of lawlessness already is working, only he is holding back now, until it comes out of the midst.
8) And then the Lawless One will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume by the spirit of His mouth, and will bring to nought by the brightness of His presence.

Literally, "until it becomes out of the midst".

"Who" or "What" becomes out of the middle? The middle of what?

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh well!

Much love!
And I'm only trying to help you. But if you are just going to fall back into men's doctrines that deceive instead of diggin' into real disciplined Bible study, then you're only wasting my time.

Disciplined Bible study does not just rely only on taking certain words back to the Hebrew/Greek. There are times when that is important too, but not how you are going about it. Understanding the 'simplicity' of Bible Scripture is always the first step, and most important step. That does not come about just by trying to dissect a certain word, verse, or chapter. It comes by disciplined Bible study in as many places as possible in God's Word where it is written about. And that is what I was trying to get you to see about the "mystery of iniquity", which is the SAME subject as Christ's "tares" in Matthew 13, etc.

Now if you just want to mock that, as if you think I'm just trying to show you how much I know, then you're only wasting my time and trying to puff yourself up. And I say this same thing to any Christian brother who chooses to stay deceived away from the Scriptures, and instead stay on doctrines of men. And the idea that the 'withholding' of 2 Thessalonians 2 is The Holy Spirit is a doctrine from men, and not supported in Scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it's your manners, but enough about that.

Much love!
My manner is true, and in The Word of God. I'm not pulling punches, so if you don't like my manner, then ask your question to someone else that has time to waste.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the idea that the 'withholding' of 2 Thessalonians 2 is The Holy Spirit is a doctrine from men, and not supported in Scripture.
I don't think you are really reading my posts for what I'm saying.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you just want to mock that,
I've no desire to mock anything, but you are presuming things you don't know and not rightly so.

I've learned places where those without correct understandings will not be able to answer, and this is one of them. "He who restrain will, until out of the middle it becomes."

Who/what becomes out of the middle of what? Only one answer will allow you to preserve the meanings of the words as written. Other answers will require negating the meanings of words of Scripture.

In saying that this is something already revealed, you negate the meaning of musterion. Personally, when I find that my views of Scripture force me to overlook or change the meaning of some particular word, that's a sign that I need to relook at it, until all is in harmony, without any linguistic gymnastics.

But we all have our own ways, do we not? If this is a waste of time to you, stop posting, that's all you need do.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe returning to my original question . . .

2 Thessalonians 2:6-8 LITV
6) And now you know the thing holding back, for him to be revealed in his time.
7) For the mystery of lawlessness already is working, only he is holding back now, until it comes out of the midst.
8) And then the Lawless One will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume by the spirit of His mouth, and will bring to nought by the brightness of His presence.

Literally, "until it becomes out of the midst".

"Who" or "What" becomes out of the middle? The middle of what?

Much love!
Go back to the first paragraph . Paul was telling the church what had to OCCUR before JESUS came , before HE was revealed from heaven .
AND so now ye know CHURCH. THIS was talking about the coming of CHRIST , not ANTI CHRIST . CHRIST .
pre trib has harmed some folks . The truth is we are much farther along than folks realize .
I aint even pre trib , BUT I TELL US ALL that the COMING OF JESUS is right at hand .
There are things being seen in revelation RIGHT IN FRONT of our faces and yet most folks think , OH its not happening .
IT IS . We are way farther along than folks realize . The COMING of JESUS is nigh indeed .

Reactions: Marvelloustime