HEADLINES! New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

Get ready, WE ONLY HAVE ABOUT 5 SHOPPING DAYS LEFT!!

How many times have we seen this in our lifetime? These "end of world" predictions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14/new-york-man-spends-life-savings-ahead-21-doomsday/

charlesj

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Get ready, WE ONLY HAVE ABOUT 5 SHOPPING DAYS LEFT!!

How many times have we seen this in our lifetime? These "end of world" predictions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14/new-york-man-spends-life-savings-ahead-21-doomsday/

charlesj

You will see more of them also. One will be correct.
It also depends on which "end" someone is talking about. There are several "ends" coming up.

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
You will see more of them also. One will be correct.
It also depends on which "end" someone is talking about. There are several "ends" coming up.

I agree with you. We will see more of these pridcitions. Every premillennial generation does it.

Also, the coming of Christ will not be publicized it will just happen.
charlesj

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The sad thing is, when it doesn't happen as it was poorly predicted, many of the people, instead of admitting they were wrong, will turn away feeling mislead by 'Christians.'

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
The sad thing is, when it doesn't happen as it was poorly predicted, many of the people, instead of admitting they were wrong, will turn away feeling mislead by 'Christians.'

Hello Foreigner:

"Poorly predicted?" I don't think it can be "predicted" by man in any way. I've seen a lot of false predictions in my lifetime.

When I was a new Christian (1970) it seemed that I heard predictions from every direction.. THEY SCARED THE JIBBERS OUT OF ME.
Are you old enough to remember the big 45 rpm records? I had one of those 45 rpm records with a preacher that is still living and was very popular at that time that spoke for about an hour on Russia attacking Israel
and then the USA. (This was in the early 1970's)

i had one man, who claimed to be a 'prophet,' tell me (and a group) that China was fixing to attack the USA coming in through the N.W. part of our country in helicopters
with "heat sinking devices" so we couldn't hide from them. This would eventually lead up to the end of the world. This was supposed to happen around 1973. This man also told us that there were
five of us in the group that had a $100 dollar bill in their pockets and God told him that the five were to put the $100 in a bucket that sat in front of the building.
Sure enough, that had to be me as one of the five, because I happened to have $100 dollars on me.
I spoke with about ten people after that and they all claimed to have placed $100 in the bucket. LOL
At that time I wasn't really familiar with premillennialism etc.or even grounded in scripture.

In 1974 the JW's were on their bandwagon with the end of the world. So were the Adventists in their "Voice of Prophecy" radio programs.
I still have a lot of end time literature such as tracts from the JW's, Adventists, and even a book that gives Sept 1988 as the end.
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

May we search His Word,
charlesj

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy is nothing new. I think it is worth noting that Harold Camping hasn't given away his stuff or liquidated his life savings. Telling.....

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
This guy is nothing new. I think it is worth noting that Harold Camping hasn't given away his stuff or liquidated his life savings. Telling.....

Might be able to get a good deal on a home or car if you are in the right place.

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Might be able to get a good deal on a home or car if you are in the right place.

Tom:
LOL.... you are right... BIG DISCOUNT! When I was with IBM and on service calls (in South Texas) I would listen to various radio preachers. I had a lot of "windshield time" on the IBM vehicles. There was one preacher that came on that I used to get a "kick" out of. I liked him, but he would deal with the "end times" a lot. One time, he was telling about the "end of the world" and at the end of his show, he said, "if you have any property be sure and 'will' it to his church." (I may not be saying exactly what he said, but that is the idea.) I never could figure out why he would say this if it was the end of the world. LOL

After the 25 years I was with IBM, ("on the road again" in South Texas) I could tell you a lot of stories like this one. I know one thing, the premillennial doctrine sells a LOT of books and makes a LOT of money. I don't remember the exact figure, but Hal Lindsey sold a TON of books in his first edition of Late Grate Planet Earth. (I purchased two copies)
Hey Tom, this gets attention and sells books.... Lindsey in his Late Great Planet Earth said Christ was to come somewhere around 1988 and so the 7 year Tribulation would start about 1981. Somewhere about 1984 the Antichrist destroys this religious system. Written in 1970 Late Great Planet Earth had 11-14 years to see the developement of one world-wide religion. There was the ecumenical movment etc. (Pages 122, 133) Now (looking back) not only did this not happen, but Judasim, Muslimism, Hinduism etc. couldn't be further apart. NO ONE WORLD RELIGION as predicted by Hal Lindsey..... BUT HE SOLD A LOTOF BOOKS!! Even John Walvoord in his "Armageddon" pages 101-110 tries to show "evidense" for the ONE WORLD RELIGON. Again. Walvoord (Lindey's teacher at Dallas Theological Cemetary, LOL) sold a lot of books on this subject. NONE CAME TRUE FOR EITHER AUTHOR!! But the premillennialsist have a HISTORY for this and will continue in EACH geneation until the Lord comes.

Have a good day Tom,
May the Lord Bless us as we honor and serve Him,
Your servant in Messiah,
charlesj

I've got 6 more days left before I can laugh with authority. :D

Hey WhiteKnuckle:
Email me and WE CAN LAUGH TOGETHER!!! ROFL (already).
May the Lord be with us,
charlesj

Pato

Mar 29, 2011
I saw an article where an atheist entrepeneur was offering to look after the pets of those raptured....for an up front fee of course. He's got about 250 clients. Pretty neat set up I'd say.
I wonder what this 60yr old man will do on Sunday morning? I believe the suicide rate is gonna be high this coming weekend when folks realize they're still here after selling their life savings and posessions.
It's VERY sad but scripture must be fulfilled. Since mankind does not have a love for the truth of scripture they will fall for the deceit of Satan and unfortunately many scoffers will result from these false predictions.:(

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I for one am not laughing at this situation; tell you why.

We are in the last days, so God help those who don't know that.

We're also a lot closer to Christ's return, but that's going to be a good thing for us who believe on Him as The Saviour.

So, what is it that bothers me about those kind of predictions in 'these days'? What's different about our times compared with the previous date setters that failed?

I'll tell you what I'm expecting to occur soon in our days, and I think many of the brethren are feeling it, but can't put their finger on what they're feeling (i.e., the birth pangs).

Per my understanding of Bible prophecy, we may expect the Antichrist's coming soon. Not our Lord Jesus with a rapture, but a fake coming in His stead. Along with that, we may expect the start of the "great tribulation" our Lord Jesus warned of.

We all are going to have our Faith tried like never before, and some of us will be delivered up, even by deceived brethren.

Those who have been taught to flee prior to the tribulation will be sucked into a lie by that false one that's coming. And they will be found joined with the workers of iniquity by deception when Christ does return after the tribulation. They will be 'taken' in deception by the false one who comes first.

With the metaphorical fig tree in prophecy, there's a prophecy about the winter fig that grows during the winter, but falls off early in the Spring. True spiritual harvest time per the fig metaphor is in summer. That's when those in Christ are to be gathered. Not early in the Spring like a winter fig, but later for the true harvest in summer.

Some are not going to wait for the summer harvest time, but will be as the winter fig and be harvested too early, in the Spring. That first early harvest will be by the Antichrist, since he comes first prior to our Lord Jesus' return. This is what our Lord Jesus was pointing us to in Matthew 24 about a false one people will say is Him, and Christ said for us to not believe it. That's about His Message of warning that wheresoever the carcase (dead) is, that's where the eagles (vultures) will be gathered together. It's about the deceived who flee to the fake messiah, thinking he's our Lord, and thus becoming a winter fig, harvested too early, in the Spring, making those part of the spiritually dead (carcase idea).

Could this be what all the May 21st hype is about? the time of the locusts come to devour? Could be. It could be the start of the final events of the end of this world. Not Christ's coming and our gathering, but the completion of the final 'beast' kingdom of Revelation 13, and start of its 42 months reign.

So with every breath of those behind the idea of fleeing early like a winter fig on May 21st, that may be the timing when Satan's servants on earth plan to begin their final stage of takeover of this earth and setup their world kingdom. Personally, I don't think that it will start this year, but it might, since I believe we have been in the 5th Trumpet for some time now, a time of sealing God's elect in prep for the tribulation.