Healthy Relating....What does it consist of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You made the challenge about explaining the mystery, and you have yet to show or explain your insights into your god-man and triune god theories.
The question is, 'healthy relating....what does it consist of?'

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would think that the majority of NT authors were very well versed in the Tanakh. They quoted it rather extensively, and expounded on it quite profoundly. I think that God's Word is extremely profound, mysterious (hidden, not erudite or esoteric), and thus, edifying. We only learn about Jesus and the Holy Spirit through Scriptures. Therefore, continuous reading of it is the only way to know God's will, and to understand it unto salvation and that of others.

Personally, the gift and workings of the Holy Spirit is quite a mystery to me. I'm aware of the promise of its reception to all believers, but have yet to see its power in anyone who claims to have it (I don't believe that I am endowed with it on any sort of significant level). To me, it requires humility and faith to receive it, and that there is a direct correlation to these two dispositions as to when and how often one has its availability.
It has something to do with believing that God is, if one doesnt believe God can than one shuts the door on God. There are things would love to see but havnt im fine with that.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE=
"quietthinker "]Those however whose epiphanies switch the light on in their understanding are changed.....something fundamentally shifts in how they see.
At a level where the rubber hits the road one could say that shift translates in the way they learn to relate (behave). We can say this different ways yet meaning the same thing...from dysfunction to function....from sin to holiness....from disconnection to connection.....from rebellion to sanctification. All these speak of how one sees and behaves; the two are inseparable.

Let's see if we can qualify function from dysfunction in the nitty gritty of living. Let's see if we can identify one from the other....if we can find words to articulate these sentiments as we understand them.

Who will be our starting contributor?[/QUOTE
=========================================
"starting"? Start with God's Word some day ? (reading it)

If I understand your post here, simply reading Scripture Daily, starting with 1st John if new to Scripture, because it is written to beginners/babies in Christ Jesus,
in Scripture there are clear and unmistakable and unarguable (for truth seekers in Christ Jesus) descriptions of the difference between those who serve God and those who don't (in their lives and in the results of daily life with others).
The difference between universal dysfunction (common to all mankind), living opposed to God,
vs unity and union with Jesus, living in His Body Today. (Truth from God of His Appraisal-Judgment of the lives of men; not mere observations nor opinions of good or wicked men) .

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has something to do with believing that God is, if one doesnt believe God can than one shuts the door on God. There are things would love to see but havnt im fine with that.
True, but I think that under the Covenant of Grace, its reception requires faith in Christ. In that, it is a gift and a testimony to the Church. It is the proof of God's promise of redemption to the believer, and a testimony of the power of Christ to the unbeliever. So that I don't believe that you would find a Jew, or any other monotheist with this endowment. It is for the Church only, thus God showing His approval of the Gospel of Christ as the only means towards salvation. He has endorsed no other theology.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know? you don't have an angle on it?......give it a try, you never know what thoughts it might stir up.
Not good and proper thoughts, not related to God's Word, God's Plan, God's Purpose, or in Jesus.

Better to make it clear, instead of more obfuscation.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did I post ? (and you ignored)
My question was very plain English ....
Joseph....the question 'healthy relating...what does it consist of?' is so straight forward there is little else I can say to make it clearer. It's asking you for your take on healthy relating ....relating to yourself, to others and to our Creator.
If you do not understand what I mean you will need to help me out by telling me what it is you don't understand about the question.

By the way, the word 'sanctification' is the process of moving from sickness to health.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one verse of Scripture can be interpreted outside of its literary context, it's cultural and historical context, and its dispensational context.

I'm not saying to not take context into account.

I'm saying that context doesn't ever nullify the plain meaning of any singular verse of scripture; and that every verse in holy scripture can be taken by us as being a statement of God's absolute truth.

Yes.
But it can't save you.

If you are talking about works, then I agree with you. But if of a living faith, then we must indisparingly disagree.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph....the question 'healthy relating...what does it consist of?' is so straight forward there is little else I can say to make it clearer.
You say, but not true.
Even you so-called explanation is not at all clear what you mean. (no, my understanding of English is not at fault here - whatever you are attempting to say or ask is obscured for some reason not known to me) .....

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't know? you don't have an angle on it?......give it a try, you never know what thoughts it might stir up.
Not worth the effort, ...'good question' was sarcastic. The term Healthy Relating is too vague and ambiguous, you shouldn't be playing guessing games with people, ...it appears that you actually don't understand the lack of clarity and definition of your own premise.

Reactions: Joseph77

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm saying that context doesn't ever nullify the plain meaning of any singular verse of scripture; and that every verse in holy scripture can be taken by us as being a statement of God's absolute truth.
But it does alter it.
Eat my flesh and drink my blood. Sever body parts if they cause you to sin. Eye for an eye, tooth for tooth. What is it to you if I want him to stay alive, until I return. Jephtah sacrificed his daughter to the Lord. Be one, as I and the Father are one. God ordered the slaughtering of the Ammorites.

Context absolutely and invariably, alters and redefines the plain meaning of Scripture.
No verse, worth mentioning, stands alone by its plain and literal meaning.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not worth the effort, ...'good question' was sarcastic. The term Healthy Relating is too vague and ambiguous, you shouldn't be playing guessing games with people, ...it appears that you actually don't understand the lack of clarity and definition of your own premise.
Only those walking around in the dark don't know where they're going. Light enables vision and hope.....if anything, it makes hope all the more tangible, it sees the goal even though it is 'as through a glass darkly' and strives with all the energy God inspires to win the race set before us.

Your attempt to discredit only reveals the darkness enshrouding you.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it does alter it.
Eat my flesh and drink my blood. Sever body parts if they cause you to sin. Eye for an eye, tooth for tooth. What is it to you if I want him to stay alive, until I return. Jephtah sacrificed his daughter to the Lord. Be one, as I and the Father are one. God ordered the slaughtering of the Ammorites.

Context absolutely and invariably, alters and redefines the plain meaning of Scripture.
No verse, worth mentioning, stands alone by its plain and literal meaning.

"Jesus wept."

Maybe for the 'aussie' who is muddying things up ?
i.e. he doesn't appear to get this >>>
(and his untruth in posts is disturbing, besides.)

The term Healthy Relating is too vague and ambiguous, you shouldn't be playing guessing games with people, ...it appears that you actually don't understand the lack of clarity and definition of your own premise.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can certainly interpret scripture by scripture and come up with an interpretation by two scripture passages that is not the same as when we were only looking at one of the two (see 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)).

<edit:> 1Co 2:13, Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. <end edit>

But the fact that we can come up with a new interpretation dependent on the scripture that is added to the first, does not nullify the plain meaning and interpretation of the first as it exists all on its own.

There is simply a new interpretation added, on top of the interpretation that we have from the first scripture passage all by itself, that is added because we have compared scripture with scripture.

Last edited: