Hearing God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 119.89; Psalm 119.105; John 17.17; Hebrews 4.12; 1 Peter 1.22-25

This is not 'pharisaical'; this is Scriptural.
And how does one distinguish between the two? The Pharisees did have the scriptures available to them and knew them very well as they were written. Why did they not understand what they knew?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk
You may enjoy your inked feet, but I do wish you would keep such pictures on your own computer or at least on the threads you have dedicated to that purpose. To me it is the appearance of evil, no matter what words are inked. Sorry to press this issue here, but if I or someone doesn't mention it you will do it again. If it were in the church building/assembly I attended I simply wouldn't go back, but I do not want to quit this forum. Please help on this point. Thank you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how does one distinguish between the two? The Pharisees did have the scriptures available to them and knew them very well as they were written. Why did they not understand what they knew?
They were not submitted to God, nor to His Word, not Jesus, and not the Scriptures. They just went around action all righteous and holy, as if they were better than others, as if they were the only ones who were accepted by God. They knew the Scriptures, but didn't care what they said.

Why should one expect to understand communication from someone who tells one things they reject?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were not submitted to God, nor to His Word, not Jesus, and not the Scriptures. They just went around action all righteous and holy, as if they were better than others, as if they were the only ones who were accepted by God. They knew the Scriptures, but didn't care what they said.

Why should one expect to understand communication from someone who tells one things they reject?

I don't disagree, but my point was rather my first question. People can be great Bible students and be hard or even impossible to get along with... With Apostle Paul before he met Jesus knew the scriptures, but he had a life changing experience. Everyone needs such an experience if they know the scriptures without knowing God. Some people have such an experience in reverse order from Paul. They know God and then get to know the scriptures. Getting out of balance can be a problem.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree, but my point was rather my first question. People can be great Bible students and be hard or even impossible to get along with... With Apostle Paul before he met Jesus knew the scriptures, but he had a life changing experience. Everyone needs such an experience if they know the scriptures without knowing God. Some people have such an experience in reverse order from Paul. They know God and then get to know the scriptures. Getting out of balance can be a problem.
Amen,
John 10:27 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Reactions: amadeus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Word of God is a living person, Jesus Christ.

When we focus on His love letters to us and ignore Him, we miss out..

You search the scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.

But you do not want to come to me to have life.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Secular society is full of opinions about the Bible, but if such ppl don't believe it anyway, why would we be concerned about such opinions?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Word of God is a living person, Jesus Christ.

When we focus on His love letters to us and ignore Him, we miss out..

You search the scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.

But you do not want to come to me to have life.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
The written Word of God and the Living and Eternal Word Himself are completely in harmony. To ignore one is to ignore the Other.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8-27-19

All of us have a great need to hear that "still small voice" of God so that we can receive His guidance and know more about the plan He has for our lives. We need communication with Him all through the day-allowing Him to speak to us by placing His thoughts in our minds.

I for number one, need to hear Him teach us as we read the scriptures. We need to seek to hear Him much as a child seeks the guidance of a parent. If we are to hear God, we must humble ourselves as a little child. We try so hard to be sophisticated adults not realizing that God desires for us to be "as little children".

I do not think, He does not look upon His people as sophisticated adults-if we are Christians, we are "children of God". Of course, older children can become rebellious, but little children are naturally trusting, teachable and submissive to their parents. Is that the way you are with your heavenly Father? Or, are you a sophisticated adult?

I also think that, God wants His people to be responsible for what they say and do, but He wants them to be as little children in their hearts. Jesus said, "Anyone who humbles him/or herself as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven" Matthew 18:4

The desire to be sophisticated adults makes it difficult to humble ourselves as a little child. But the way to hear God in my experience, is through an ongoing Father-child relationship. We need that "Abba Father" relationship that the bible calls the spirit of adoption or the spirit of son/daughter-ship. Romans 8:15

We need to "work out our salvation" with fear (reverential awe) and trembling as we draw closer and closer to our heavenly Father. With trusting, teachable and submissive attitude, we can establish that communication that's comes out of a genuine fear of the Lord as we receive His love; and with praise and thanksgiving, return His love.

Love Always, Walter
Hi Walter!
This is truly how He wants us to come to Him. I think that "adults" have a tough time because the older we get, the more we experience pride where as a child, does not seem to have had enough time to develop the "sophistication" that comes with age. Just as long as we surrender daily to Him and walk in His statutes more and more, our mind will be renewed! Funny how that happens...it seems to happen so slowly that we don't even realize how we've changed until...we do! And, that is like, such an awesome realization when that happens :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Walter!
This is truly how He wants us to come to Him. I think that "adults" have a tough time because the older we get, the more we experience pride where as a child, does not seem to have had enough time to develop the "sophistication" that comes with age. Just as long as we surrender daily to Him and walk in His statutes more and more, our mind will be renewed! Funny how that happens...it seems to happen so slowly that we don't even realize how we've changed until...we do! And, that is like, such an awesome realization when that happens :)
Good, with child-like faith, to "receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls" (James 1.21) :)

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Walter!
Amen, :)

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8-27-19

All of us have a great need to hear that "still small voice" of God so that we can receive His guidance and know more about the plan He has for our lives. We need communication with Him all through the day-allowing Him to speak to us by placing His thoughts in our minds.

I for number one, need to hear Him teach us as we read the scriptures. We need to seek to hear Him much as a child seeks the guidance of a parent. If we are to hear God, we must humble ourselves as a little child. We try so hard to be sophisticated adults not realizing that God desires for us to be "as little children".

I do not think, He does not look upon His people as sophisticated adults-if we are Christians, we are "children of God". Of course, older children can become rebellious, but little children are naturally trusting, teachable and submissive to their parents. Is that the way you are with your heavenly Father? Or, are you a sophisticated adult?

I also think that, God wants His people to be responsible for what they say and do, but He wants them to be as little children in their hearts. Jesus said, "Anyone who humbles him/or herself as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven" Matthew 18:4

The desire to be sophisticated adults makes it difficult to humble ourselves as a little child. But the way to hear God in my experience, is through an ongoing Father-child relationship. We need that "Abba Father" relationship that the bible calls the spirit of adoption or the spirit of son/daughter-ship. Romans 8:15

We need to "work out our salvation" with fear (reverential awe) and trembling as we draw closer and closer to our heavenly Father. With trusting, teachable and submissive attitude, we can establish that communication that's comes out of a genuine fear of the Lord as we receive His love; and with praise and thanksgiving, return His love.

Love Always, Walter

“Hearing God” seems vital in receiving counsel. How often do we, as you shared, are become as little children, asking a Father for counsel on a matter and what direction should be taken. Thought a lot about the word “counsel” and how His word says Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Hearing God” seems vital in receiving counsel. How often do we, as you shared, are become as little children, asking a Father for counsel on a matter and what direction should be taken. Thought a lot about the word “counsel” and how His word says Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Amen, This scripture means to me who our Lord Jesus Christ really is from the old testament before His human birth.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
very important, his ways are far beyond our ways dats why we need the holy spirit 2 translate wat hes saying!! Hebrews 1:1-4

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how does one distinguish between the two?
One way is fruitfulness.

You know you've been receiving from God when your love for others increases.

The pharisees seemed to show a lack of love for others. Jesus was quite the counterpoint. They went around collecting disciples to themselves. John the Baptizer said that he must decrease so Jesus would increase. The Pharisees wanted Jesus to decrease so they could increase. And this is not what it looks like what someone comes to the Word with an honest heart.

Much love!

Reactions: DoveSpirit05

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:15-17 (KJV) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Amen