Heart issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I guess I was really low in magnesium and it was causing havok with my heart.....so I have to stay another day in the hospital, but everything is loo
king good. Thanks again for the prayers.

Goodness, these strange things happen to us as we age...who knows why.

Last November...if you remember ( oh I made a poem! :) )
I had to go into EMERG as I had dangerously low Sodium!! ( and kept falling over!! ) o_O

Now I must have all the electrolytes checked for balance , every two months. :rolleyes:

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness, these strange things happen to us as we age...who knows why.

Last November...if you remember ( oh I made a poem! :) )
I had to go into EMERG as I had dangerously low Sodium!! ( and kept falling over!! ) o_O

Now I must have all the electrolytes checked for balance , every two months. :rolleyes:

Yeah, crazy.

A really nice catholic volunteer came in and prayed with me.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just had a treadmill test and now have a camera floating around in my blood stream - my clients have warned me this would happened sooner or later

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just had a treadmill test and now have a camera floating around in my blood stream - my clients have warned me this would happened sooner or later

So I am guessing that you are not home yet.
Praying that they DO find out what the problem is...so they can fix it.

Love and prayers coming your way.
I believe in angels...asking Father to send them to strengthen and watch over you.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am doing better, thank you.

Btw, the absence of Catholic prayers on this thread is remarkable.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am doing better, thank you.
Btw, the absence of Catholic prayers on this thread is remarkable.
Wow....I didn't know God put a requirement on "posting" our prayers. If that is true, then that is truly remarkable. Maybe only Catholics obey Matthew 6:6 like they do the rest of scripture? ;)

Wait a minute...you have told us your EXPECTATION...and not Gods requirement.;)

I'm just havin' fun to hopefully keep you in good spirits.

I pray that your physical and spiritual health continues to strengthen.

Love, Mary

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just got home, every test turned up good results......grateful. Thanks again for the prayers

I only just got on the site tonight.
It am SOooo happy to hear that you are home again. Great news.

I too noticed with the amount of members on this Christian site, the lack of prayer support a request gets.
I guess prayers aren't as interesting as arguments and debates. :rolleyes:

But we must give them the benefit of doubt...I myself miss so many post because they don't flash on my ALERT notifications.

A friend of mine once was rushed to the hosp with a 'maybe' heart attack, but in the end they told him it was chronic indigestion!!!!

Take it easy...glad you are back in your own bed. :)

Reactions: aspen and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@aspen So sorry, had not even seen these posts.....I am very glad to hear that you are back home...praise the Lord :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only just got on the site tonight.
It am SOooo happy to hear that you are home again. Great news.

I too noticed with the amount of members on this Christian site, the lack of prayer support a request gets.
I guess prayers aren't as interesting as arguments and debates. :rolleyes:

But we must give them the benefit of doubt...I myself miss so many post because they don't flash on my ALERT notifications.

A friend of mine once was rushed to the hosp with a 'maybe' heart attack, but in the end they told him it was chronic indigestion!!!!

Take it easy...glad you are back in your own bed. :)

Dysphagia

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for lack of prayer support there are many drive by prayers that don't post. The Lord showed me this some time ago.

When we pray in the spirit we may be praying for someone across the world. Be of good cheer those who need prayer, we are not forgotten.

Reactions: Helen and aspen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for lack of prayer support there are many drive by prayers that don't post. The Lord showed me this some time ago.

When we pray in the spirit we may be praying for someone across the world. Be of good cheer those who need prayer, we are not forgotten.
Long ago I would read a request and pray without posting, but I came to realize that sometimes the person needs encouragement as well as prayer. As a result I now always try to add vocal or written words to my prayer. Encouragement is a good thing.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dysphagia

Oh, was that the diagnosis?

We are "twins" then.
Mine was Acalasia ( if you click on "look up" ...you will see it is so much the same.
Diet is probably the same too. Many things now I can only eat if I chew them into mush before swallowing. I sometime choke on chicken. And I always choke on anything if I am too hungry and eat fast and don't chew enough.
Then it gets stuck , hurts, and I have to use the finger down the throat trick to get relief.
My fault, so mostly I try to eat BEFORE I am hungry, then I remember.

I looked up yours...it said this for diet...is this what you are doing?
A dysphagia soft diet is needed for people who have trouble chewing or swallowing. On a dysphagia soft diet you may eat foods that are soft and moist. Foods that are not soft or moist enough may need to be diced, finely shaved, or minced. Foods that need to be diced should be less than 1 cm (½ inch). This more or less fits me. Though if I don't rush and chew well I can eat almost anything.

Glad that it wasn't a heart issue.

Reactions: pia and aspen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'd known I would have cared for my body more. I was 40 before I realized I wasn't superman. Close to the truth.

Reactions: pia

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'd known I would have cared for my body more. I was 40 before I realized I wasn't superman. Close to the truth.

Yeah, I could have used more direction on how to take care of my health, but I also made some obvious bad choices.