Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since God created the heaven and the earth, where did God had done this from? Where He dwells. So the universe, as in our reality, is liken to the holodeck on the Starship Enterprise ( if you pardon the poor comparison ) where Heaven and God's throne exists outside the universe He has created.
And what if all of what man has found and proclaims through his five senses and his mental calculations is the fiction, while the reality is discernable only by any with the "eyes to see" and the "ears to hear" of which Jesus speaks? We can then forget about being beamed up or down (yes poor comparison).

Reactions: Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, on Sabbath we thank God with this Prayer> Blessed are you our Lord our God Creator of the Heaven's and the Earth, KING of the Universe. there is no telling from where God Created all thing's, But He did Create Everything, the Scripture's say that God Measure's the Universe with the span of His Hand.

Although it is probably not practiced, churches can thank the Lord of the Sabbath that they are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day because Jesus Christ is in us for why He is able to make us stand in Heaven by His righteousness alone apart from the law. Faith in Him is our wedding garment. Believers are not to be found naked without it.

Believers can honor the Lord on the sabbath day, but they are not allowed to judge other believers for not regarding that day or else He will judge them for not having faith in Him as Lord of the sabbath as able to make them stand in Heaven.

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;.................27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what if all of what man has found and proclaims through his five senses and his mental calculations is the fiction, while the reality is discernable only by any with the "eyes to see" and the "ears to hear" of which Jesus speaks? We can then forget about being beamed up or down (yes poor comparison).

Just explaining that God did not need to create the place where He dwells as that is the place where He created the heaven and the earth from.

Course now, Jesus is preparing a place for saints to live with God the Father now.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just explaining that God did not need to create the place where He dwells as that is the place where He created the heaven and the earth from.

Course now, Jesus is preparing a place for saints to live with God the Father now.

Perhaps it is simply a place in you and in me so that He will have a place to lay His head:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20

"Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;

I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,

Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." Psalm 132:3-5

Was David looking for the same thing for the Lord that Jesus said was missing? And then David continues with the answer in these verses:

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

So then where and what is Zion? Where is it that Jesus is to rest His Head if not attached to His Body, not the piece of flesh that hung on the cross and died, but the Body of Christ which consists of whom?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it is simply a place in you and in me so that He will have a place to lay His head:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20

"Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;

I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,

Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." Psalm 132:3-5

Was David looking for the same thing for the Lord that Jesus said was missing? And then David continues with the answer in these verses:

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

So then where and what is Zion? Where is it that Jesus is to rest His Head if not attached to His Body, not the piece of flesh that hung on the cross and died, but the Body of Christ which consists of whom?

Jesus is building a mansion for each believer in His Father's House to inherit; ergo His Father's House had existed always.

Not every believer will be of the firstfruit of the resurrection to be like the angels that never die. Some will have another type of inheritance, a terrestrial one, where the power of the second death is not over them, but the first death may still have power over those coming out of the great tribulation until death and hell are cast into the lake of fire forever.

There are vessels unto honor in His House aka the celstial inheritance, then there are the vessels unto dishonor in His House aka the terrestrial inheritance.

1 Corinthians 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So His House is going to expand to include the vessels unto dishonor in creation where God will dwell with them as a testimony to the power of God in salvation for all those who believe in Him, even in His name.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus Good post. I agree. We in Him and He in us... ONE.
Living stones of His temple. The overcomer's...will be a pillar in His house...and go no more out.

Reactions: amadeus

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how did you get this from that?

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The firstfruits shall have a place in Zion and so when Christ returns with the saints, New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven so that God will dwell among those saints coming out of the great tribulation and reign over the coming generations that has yet to know the Lord personally to believe in Him to be saved during the millennium reign of Christ.

Those saints coming out of the great tribulation will be serving the King of kings of Zion from all over the world in raising up the generations coming during the millennium reign of Christ for a thousand years, but I suspect they shall be marrying and having children to set a living example for those coming generation. Kind of like the requirement for being a bishop in 1 Timothy 3rd chapter. So they will set the example, but the difference between them saints coming out of the great tribulation and the coming generations is that the resurrected saints will not have the power of the second death over them...which suggest the power of physical death, the first death, still does reign over them, thus a glorified terrestrial inheritance.

It would explain the weeping and gnashing of teeth of those left behind for missing out on that first inheritance in becoming celestial by Him & having a place in the city of God.

The firstfruits will be like the angels, celestial as in they can never die and they do not marry, thus living in the city of God.

So when God's city comes down on earth to dwell among men for that 1000 year reign and thereafter, that is God expanding His kingdom of Heaven to have His city come to the earth for God to dwell among men.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JesusIsFaithful
Thank you for your viewpoint on these things. I have heard a lot of what have written on this from others, but have not found it myself nor had it shown to me by the Holy Ghost. I am not saying you're are wrong or even that I disagree. I am saying that it is not within my vision. God will give all us that we need if we are seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness. The other things I leave in His capable hands.

Give God the glory!

B

brakelite

I am utterly convinced that heaven is a real literal place in which God currently resides. In heaven is the original sanctuary...the throne room of the God and center of His government, also in heaven is the city built for the children of God, the New Jerusalem, which at the end of the 1000 years will come down to the new earth and be the capital city of the earth, which the meek inherit, and where God and Jesus will dwell with us.
There is now a place in that city being prepared for us (John 14:1) where the redeemed live for the 1000 years after the resurrection, (not on earth as most assume) and when the new heavens and the new earth are made we will be able to build our own homes there also. (Isa 65:21,22)