Hebrew Roots ends now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This says those under the bondage of The Law don't get Saved!!!

[Gal 4:30 KJV]
Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't have JESUS as a Husband!!!

[Gal 4:27 KJV]
For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Gal 5:16 KJV]
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
[Gal 5:18 KJV]
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Eph 2:15 KJV]
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am squeaky new to this community, but not to the faith or Christian forums. Also, I have not posted in debate forums in over 20 years because they almost always result in major right-wrong games, not the transfer of rational positions, and no one ever changes their positions. Therefore, it is a total waste of my time to engage in such no-growth exercises. I will, however suggest three books that lay out the biblical relationship between the Hebrews and those who fear God (Gentile believers), and between the Old Convent and the New. In no particular order:

Our Father Abraham, Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith by Marvin R. Wilson, William B. Eerdman's Publishing Company (1999), Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Jewish Roots, A Foundation of Biblical Theology by Dan Juster, Destiny Image Publishers, Inc. (2000), P.O. Box 310, Shippensburg, PA 17257

The Church and the Jews, The Biblical Relationship by Dan Gruber, Elijah Publishing (1997), P.O. Box 776, Hanover, NH 03755

These three publication approach the "church" and "Jewish" questions from three different perspectives, and are quite informative.

May our studies be fruitful.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am squeaky new to this community, but not to the faith or Christian forums. Also, I have not posted in debate forums in over 20 years because they almost always result in major right-wrong games, not the transfer of rational positions, and no one ever changes their positions. Therefore, it is a total waste of my time to engage in such no-growth exercises. I will, however suggest three books that lay out the biblical relationship between the Hebrews and those who fear God (Gentile believers), and between the Old Convent and the New. In no particular order:

Our Father Abraham, Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith by Marvin R. Wilson, William B. Eerdman's Publishing Company (1999), Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Jewish Roots, A Foundation of Biblical Theology by Dan Juster, Destiny Image Publishers, Inc. (2000), P.O. Box 310, Shippensburg, PA 17257

The Church and the Jews, The Biblical Relationship by Dan Gruber, Elijah Publishing (1997), P.O. Box 776, Hanover, NH 03755

These three publication approach the "church" and "Jewish" questions from three different perspectives, and are quite informative.

Funny you giving me reading material when you clearly have never read Acts or Galatians ...or Romans.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You are right, this thread is an axe to grind thread where it is difficult to communicate the truth of the matter.

The Jewish approach to Jer. 31 31 is very different to the Christian approach. The Hebrew text for the Jews focuses on the covenant being made like new again whereas the Christian understanding seems to be that God is making a brand new covenant which has no connection with the Mt Sinai Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God Possession among the Nations Covenant that the Israelite Nation rejected and rebelled against back at the time that they were in the shadow of Mt Sinai with Moses.

Sadly, because of the understanding of the "Promised Land" covenant as a forever covenant, i.e. infinite time period, they ignore that if they rebelled against God that they would be taken out of the Promised Land with them having a relationship with God for a period of some two ages, until they repented of their turning away from God and entering into continual idolatrous worship right up to the time that God hears their cries where they are scattered throughout the whole earth, when God promises to "plant" them in the fertile field of Christ, i.e. God's servant that was born into Israel and that he will teach them about the theological understanding of the Mountain of Israel, i.e. God's Religious salvation, that will become the largest Mountain in all of the world, based on the theological truth that Jesus is the Son of God, who died so that all people can be saved through their belief in Him.

Jesus tells us that: -

• Israel will repent of their "servant" relationship with Satan in the Parable of the Minas in Luke 19:11 -27 and the future oppression of the Israelites when he is released from the Bottomless Pit.
  • Israel will be the trigger that gathers all of the kings of the earth to go up against Israel towards the very end of the 2,300 year prophecy of the gentiles trampling God's Sanctuary and His earthly hosts one last time, before they are judged when they are assembled in the valley at a place called Armageddon. Luke 14:28-30
  • Israel will witness Jesus, the King judging the Gentile armies at Armageddon, and decide that with their armies that they cannot overcome Jesus' army, so they decide to seek His terms of peace. Luke 14:31-33
  • Those of Israel who have lost their flavour as salt, will be discarded as it is no longer fit to be used for the everlasting kingdom or the dunghill and as such it will be discarded and thrown out. Luke 14:34-35
Sadly it seems to me that people today cannot hear this message, whether or not they are Jewish or Christian who have been grafted into Israel.

Shalom

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is able to do the whole Law ...JESUS Made that impossible in 70 A.D. SO STOP TRYING!!! Get Reborn ...because you are not yet.

Galatians 5:3
I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.

Last edited:

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny you giving me reading material when you clearly have never read Acts or Galatians ...or Romans.
Interesting reply. Thank you.
You are right, this thread is an axe to grind thread where it is difficult to communicate the truth of the matter.
Sadly it seems to me that people today cannot hear this message, whether or not they are Jewish or Christian who have been grafted into Israel.

True on both counts. Most folks really do not know how to study the Bible, just read it. Reading the Word through each year is a wonderful exercise but does not compare to actual studying. Proof texting is one of the major arguing fallacy that is frequently used in making a point. Anyway this is the first "debate" thread I have posted in in over two decades - so I am leaving it.

Shalom Aleichem

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting reply. Thank you.
This never registers in your brain for some reason:

Acts 15:5-10
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How has this nonsense gone on for 6 pages???

i just got sucked in yesterday, looking for and interesting discussion. Big mistake! :-( However I now know why I stayed away from debate threads for so long. Nothing of value actually results from the time and effort expended. Time and energy wasted. That is why I left this thread earlier today.

I will look elsewhere on the forum.

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Gal 3:10 KJV]
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Phl 3:9 KJV]
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Col 2:13 KJV]
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

[Col 2:14 KJV]
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

[Col 2:20 KJV]
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was about the pharisees:
[Col 2:15 KJV]
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

The translators added the word "days"!!!
[Col 2:16 KJV]
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just got sucked in yesterday, looking for and interesting discussion. Big mistake! :-( However I now know why I stayed away from debate threads for so long. Nothing of value actually results from the time and effort expended. Time and energy wasted. That is why I left this thread earlier today.

I will look elsewhere on the forum.

He Appeared at the end of the world!!!

[Heb 9:26 KJV]
For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Your favorite verse has just ended:

[Mat 5:18 KJV]
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[1Ti 1:9 KJV]
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

[1Ti 1:10 KJV]
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;