Hebrew Roots ends now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain to me how obeying God means a person is self-righteous.

The Bible says that people who decide for SELF what is right and wrong are self-righteous.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no way this is talking about Hebrew Roots ....right? ....right?

[Rev 2:9 KJV]
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

[Rev 3:9 KJV]
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrew Roots needs a way to link CHRIST'S Law to Mosaic Law ...because they don't have CHRIST'S Law written to their hearts. So they bring up Mat 23:1-3 and claim the large crowd had Gentiles in it ...JESUS was here first for the Jews. They need JESUS to be telling Gentiles to observe pharisees which is laughable. A pillar of their fake religion has just been removed.

Mat 23:1-3
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.​

What's mind blowing to me is that they can claim to do these 613 laws somehow ...and therefore be self-righteous ...but also look at Romans 7 the same exact way a dead spirit does ...as an excuse to sin. ...just wow.

Their pharisaical scheme to game the system ended in 70 A.D. It's extra comical that Hebrew Roots wasn't even a thing 10 years ago.
They think giving up half of a fallen life through the Law of sin and death can pass through Judgment because they made their own definition of who gets Saved (tree of knowledge of good and evil).

None of this is about JESUS, they just pretend that it is. We all know upholding the Old Covenant is declaring JESUS didn't Fulfill anything. Their goal is squeeze the Law of the Jews in without real Christians noticing what they are up to. They never consider Mosaic Law was for physical Jews 2,000 years ago ...not the surrounding Gentiles.

Hebrew Roots is people trying to uphold the Mosaic Law because they would rather do those 613 laws than give up drugs and masturbation. They are trying to clown GOD, it isn't working.

If you know of one, just show them this Scripture:

Acts 15:5-10
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

//If the yoke of sin slavery isn't on the Reborn ...then the yoke of The Law of sin and death isn't on them either. It's all about CHRIST'S Law now. Being Grieved is His Law on your heart.

JESUS' Walk was eating from The Tree of LIFE.

Mosaic Law didn't let you eat from that Tree. The Law of sin and death was in place so that when The MESSIAH came ...you could be counted as Righteous with Him ...long after you were physically dead. The Law of sin and death vanished away.

Hebrews 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? IT WAS ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS, TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

//Are they claiming that "the law of sin and death." isn't about The Mosaic Law?

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Some presumptions made for sure. From what you have written it seems like you don't know your Bible very well. Yeshua is the word of God. There are never ever mentioned any new laws that are "Christ's" Yeshua said His doctrine is not His own.

NKJ John 7:16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

When He said this there was no New Testament and it was not compiled until a few hundred yrs. later.

When He said, when the Pharisees and scribes sit in Moses seat which means when they teach the Torah, do what they teach. Yeshua is actually approving of them teaching the Torah by saying do what they teach, what He was against was the oral law or the tradition of the elders. He was always against the traditions of the elders.
He often told people to follow the Torah.
Not every instance of the word Law in the New Testament automatically means the Law of Moses which by the way is Yahweh's words not Moses. You are in affect saying God made a mistake by giving Moses His Torah (Law). Paul never ever advocated that the Torah (Law of God, God's very own word) was erroneous or that God made a mistake.
Do a word study on every instance in the New Testament of the word Law from the original languages and their meanings before running of your mouth.
Hebrew roots has been around since the days of Yeshua my friend again you don't understand the history of the Body. There were no churches in the days of Yeshua or the 1st century disciples. These all came out of the Roman Catholic Church (man made religion) that has it's roots in the Roman Emperor Constantine.
It is not the Law of the Jews when God gave the Torah to Moses there were no Jews.
Yeshua is the very word that you say is evil and wrong.

NKJ John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NKJ John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Yeshua is the word, He is the Law of God the Torah. He did not do away with Himself. He is the word from Gen 1:1 right through to Rev 22:21.

I also suspect you do not know of any Messianic's or Hebrew Roots or people who have decided that the way Yeshua and the 1st century disciples taught as well as the apostles was rooted and founded in the only scriptures they had at the time which were the Hebrew scriptures the Tanach, the Old Testament.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy Trails

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no way this is talking about Hebrew Roots ....right? ....right?

[Rev 2:9 KJV]
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

[Rev 3:9 KJV]
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

If they say they are Jews, but they are NOT, but are of the synagogue of Satan, then the Jews are NOT the synagogue of Satan. It was the people who were NOT Jews who ARE the synagogue of Satan. That's what logic teaches.

1) They SAY they are Jews, but they are not.
2) They are NOT Jews. They are the synagogue of Satan.

"Not X = synagogue of Satan."

That means, mathematically, that the Jews are NOT the synagogue of Satan.
The people who SAY they are Jews, but are not Jews, are that synagogue.

Still can't address the issues, huh?

Address THIS:

(Mat 23:1-3)
What's mind blowing to me is that they can claim to do these 613 laws somehow ...and therefore be self-righteous ...but also look at Romans 7 the same exact way a dead spirit does ...as an excuse to sin. ...just wow.

That is the opposite of “self-righteous.” Jesus said to seek His Father's righteousness. His Father's righteousness is the Torah. If one obeys the Torah, he seeks YHVH's righteousness. If one makes up their own rules, they are self-righteous. I don't know anyone who claims to obey 613 commandments. It cannot be done because there is no Temple. The point of the Law is choosing your Master. If you observe Sunday, Christmas and Easter, then the Pope is your Master. If you obey the Torah, then Jesus is your Master.

You can't address the issues I brought up because you choose to stay in grade school. You are so excited about being in the first grade that you have no appreciation for higher education.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Act 15:24 KJV]
Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Act 21:21 KJV]
And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

[Act 21:24-25 KJV]
Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Act 15:24 KJV]
Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

You are conveniently forgetting the topic of the discussion these men are having. But, out-of-context statements are easier to twist.

Acts 15:1 "And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved."

We never told these men they had to get circumcised and keep the Law before they could get saved. Keeping the Law is what believers do AFTER they get saved. That's what verses 19-21 are explaining. "If the new converts will stop these 4 sins, allow them to join you in the synagogues so they can hear the Law."

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Act 21:21 KJV]
And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

[Act 21:24-25 KJV]
Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

This is RICH!

Acts 21:21, 24-25
"People have been lying about you, Paul. We have a solution. You pay for a Nazarite vow for these 4 men, plus yourself, to show your critics that you, yourself, DO walk orderly and keep the Law."

You don't even understand the plain language of the event.

Let's discuss "pollution of idols" or "things offered to idols." That is a perfect description of Christmas dinner. On the day that celebrates the reincarnation of Tammuz, let's change the name we use to "Jesus," and do the same thing. We will erect an evergreen phallus of Tammuz and decorate it with silver and gold testicles." THAT is what he is telling them NOT to do!

Deuteronomy 12:29-32
Jeremiah 10:1-5

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm convinced there isn't a single Hebrew Roots person that has read the entire Book of Acts.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rom 4:13 KJV]
For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is saying if you are Hebrew Roots ...you are not Reborn

[Rom 6:4 KJV]
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

[Rom 6:14 KJV]
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rom 7:4 KJV]
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rom 9:31 KJV]
But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

[Rom 9:32 KJV]
Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

[Rom 9:33 KJV]
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rom 10:4 KJV]
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrew Roots isn't going to like this either:

[Rom 14:3 KJV]
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

[Rom 14:5 KJV]
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

[Rom 14:10 KJV]
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

[Rom 14:13 KJV]
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

[Rom 14:14 KJV]
I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

[Rom 14:15 KJV]
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

[Rom 14:17 KJV]
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

[Rom 14:20 KJV]
For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Gal 2:14 KJV]
But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

[Gal 2:16 KJV]
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

[Gal 2:19 KJV]
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

[Gal 2:21 KJV]
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Gal 3:12 KJV]
And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

[Gal 3:18 KJV]
For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Gal 3:24-25 KJV]
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one was Saved under The Law until until JESUS Fulfilled It:

[Gal 4:4 KJV]
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
[Gal 4:5 KJV]
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still under The Law which means you are still of the flesh. Which means you are not of The SPIRIT and Faith.

[Gal 4:21 KJV]
Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

[Gal 4:22 KJV]
For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

[Gal 4:23 KJV]
But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.