Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
having itching ears

Simply Believing that “Good News” is actually Good News is not having “ itchy ears” satisfied.....if you have “ itchy ears” it means you are hearing what the Flesh WANTS to hear.....Essentially , “Jesus needs a Co-Savior—- ME! Jesus did HIS Part....now I must do MINE!” ( Repent from all sins before I die and never commit a willful sin )

Mat 1:21, And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Tit 2:13, Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14, Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15, These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

1Jo 3:8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Obviously, Jesus is the One who sets us free from sin.

However, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are a gentleman and will not repent for you. That is something that you must do yourself. And He is also not going to sanctify you against your will.

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the verse just before that says that if we deny Him, He also will deny us...

One “ Denies” Him by rejecting the Gospel after he hears it and continues to reject it his entire life.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the verse just before that says that if we deny Him, He also will deny us...

One “ Denies” Him by rejecting the Gospel after he hears it and continues to reject it his entire life.....
You don't know your scriptures very well...

One can deny him by doing unrighteous works (Titus 1:16).

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be clear that @Ferris Bueller is not preaching salvation by works.

That he is preaching works as a means to have assurance of salvation is also clear.

Anybody that has been around here for any length of time knows that you and Foolish Buller preach false Gospels Of Lucky Repentance and Damnation for any sins done on purpose—- manifestations Of being Grace Deniers ....

Reactions: HisLife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....Essentially , “Jesus needs a Co-Savior—- ME! Jesus did HIS Part....now I must do MINE!”
Your part is to believe. That's not you working to earn your salvation. That's you believing that you can't work to earn your salvation and can only receive it through trust in God's word that he will forgive your sin.

"...to the one who does not work but trusts God..." Romans 4:5

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A usual, you take verses out of context....read the entire chapter...Paul is referring to Unbelievers that want to rule churches....

It is the common cry of the unbeliever who does not want to receive the testimony of holy scripture that "that verse is taken out of context."

Have you considered that Matthew took Hosea 11:1 out of context in Matthew 2:15? For he applied it to Jesus as being the Son of God whereas in the original context it was referring to Israel.

Or, have you considered that in 2 Corinthians 9:6, if you take it in its immediate context, it can be used to substantiate a name it and claim it, health/wealth type gospel in that it teaches that we can sow and reap financial seeds? While if you take it out of its immediate context and apply the topical context of Luke 8:11, you will get a more orthodox interpretation.

And then, in Zechariah 12:10, Israel will clearly "look on the One whom they have pierced" at the time of His second coming; and yet John applies this verse to Jesus at His crucifixion in John 19:37.

Anybody that has been around here for any length of time knows that you and Foolish Buller preach false Gospels Of Lucky Repentance and Damnation for any sins done on purpose—- manifestations Of being Grace Deniers ....

If there were no scripture to substantiate what we are saying, you might have a point...

However, in saying what we are saying, we do have holy scripture on our side.

Hebrews 10:26-31 and Ezekiel 33:11-20 are clear that "Lucky Repentance" and "Damnation for any sins done on purpose" are biblical doctrines.

If these passages did not exist (and only if these passages did not exist), you might have a case that you would be able to make for your pov.

But they do exist.

And up to this point, you have not been able to refute them.

The most you have been able to do is to say that in context, they are referring only to the sin of unbelief.

But you have not been able to refute the idea that unbelief is the reason why people commit willful sins, as sin is defined in the New Testament (in 1 John 3:4, Romans 14:23, James 4:17, and elsewhere).

And it is also somewhat sketchy that you do not apply that definition (the definition given in 1 John 3:4, Romans 14:23, James 4:17, and elsewhere) to willful sins in Hebrews 10:26-31.

For you need to know that scripture interprets scripture (1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Heb 10:27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Heb 10:28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Heb 10:29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Heb 10:30, For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. Heb 10:31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This passage has created controversy for certain. I will mention one thing concerning its interpretation and then will hand it over to the Andrew Farley and Les Feldick followers to explain the passage according to their teaching.

It seems to me that there is the following verse,

Heb 10:12, But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

This is in the context of Hebrews 10:26; and it appears to show forth that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross is a valid sacrifice.

Thus, in Hebrews 10:26,

Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

It can be said that the sacrifice being spoken of is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
Scary verse!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is very scary. The author of Hebrews is warning us.

The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge Proverbs 1:7

To fear the Lord is to hate evil Proverbs 8:13

concerning the sinfulness of the wicked: There is no fear of God before their eyes. Psalm 36:1
I fear and love God, so maybe I'm OK then, thanks! I'm learning why things are evil, but still faultier a little.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More accurately, it's 'reject Christ by willfully sinning in unbelief......go to hell'.

Have you been both deaf and blind all of this time? OF COURSE UnBelievers are damned! I have said as much many times....IF YOU REJECT CHRIST YOU WILL GO TO HELL! Can I make that any Plainer?
A “willful sin” is not the same thing as being an “ unbeliever, though”.....it is NOT the same as “ rejecting Christ ....
Have you ever done 7O mph in a 65 mph speed zone of a highway.....knowing it was wrong , but betting that you could get away with it? Yeah, I thought so. That makes you a “ willful sinner”... not exactly the same as a Jesus Christ / Gospel Rejector, is it?
It seems to me that you and your crowd have put a little “ spin” on what you said weeks and months ago about “ willful Sinning”...... it used to be that Sinning “ Knowingly” was enough to send you to Hell——- NOW you always seem to attach “willful Sinning” as being the One Act Of rejecting Christ....You need to clarify your latest stand on these things.....or at least let us know how your False teachings will change on these matters in the weeks ahead as your pathetic , Unbiblical arguments crumble in the face of facts and Bible Verses.....
Subtle word play..... “ Satan was the most ‘ subtle’ creature in the Garden” ....just sayin’......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what the passage says, lol! Sinning on purpose is the manifestation of the denial and abuse of grace. That's why the person who does that is damned.

You “ sin on purpose” every day, but do not possess the “ self insight” to know it.....” know thyself” the Bible instructs....
You ever go above the Speed Limit on the highway and continue on your merry, Sinful way, lying to yourself that it is not a “ willful Sin” because “ it ain’t that big a deal” and you know 99% of the time that you will “ get away with it?”
See you in Hell, my fellow “ Willful Sinner”......I guess all of that talk about “Grace” and/ or the “Power Of The Blood” that SUPER ABOUNDED when Sin abounded was just God talking to hear Himself talk.....Turns out He wasn’t the “,Gentleman” that we hoped He was....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you been both deaf and blind all of this time? OF COURSE UnBelievers are damned! I have said as much many times....IF YOU REJECT CHRIST YOU WILL GO TO HELL! Can I make that any Plainer?
A “willful sin” is not the same thing as being an “ unbeliever, though”.....it is NOT the same as “ rejecting Christ ....
Have you ever done 7O mph in a 65 mph speed zone of a highway.....knowing it was wrong , but betting that you could get away with it? Yeah, I thought so. That makes you a “ willful sinner”... not exactly the same as a Jesus Christ / Gospel Rejector, is it?
It seems to me that you and your crowd have put a little “ spin” on what you said weeks and months ago about “ willful Sinning”...... it used to be that Sinning “ Knowingly” was enough to send you to Hell——- NOW you always seem to attach “willful Sinning” as being the One Act Of rejecting Christ....You need to clarify your latest stand on these things.....or at least let us know how your False teachings will change on these matters in the weeks ahead as your pathetic , Unbiblical arguments crumble in the face of facts and Bible Verses.....
Subtle word play..... “ Satan was the most ‘ subtle’ creature in the Garden” ....just sayin’......

It should be clear that "workers (doers) of iniquity" shall be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

So it is not only unbelief, but willful sinning (where willful sinning is defined by the following verses):

1Jo 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 14:23, And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Jas 4:17, Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

that will place a man smack dab into the furnace of fire; where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

It should be clear that sin is deceitful and that it has the capacity to draw a man away from Christ so that he would have an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God (Hebrews 3:12-13).

Therefore, while you may not fall away from the faith the first time that you commit a sin, it should be clear that once you sin it becomes very likely that you will become a servant of sin (John 8:34) and therefore subsequent sins become inevitable once you begin the process of being a sinner again after that you have come to the knowledge of the truth and have once been delivered from a lifestyle of sinning.

While the doctrine of the inevitability of sin is most definitely a false doctrine and heresy (for if anyone is born again of the Holy Spirit, it is not inevitable that they will sin in the future); although the moment a person willfully sins after having received the knowledge of the truth, they immediately become prone to a sinning lifestyle once again; and sin does in fact become inevitable for the one who has become the servant of sin (John 8:34) through committing sin after having received the knowledge of the truth.