Hebrews 4:12.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that the spirit of these living creatures is what directed their movements.

Therefore your commentary is irrelevant.[/QUOTE\]

No it's not irrelevant, a vision about creatures and actual real flesh and blood oxygen breathing creatures that live on earth are not the same. You were trying to use Ezekiel which was talking about a vision concerning creatures which were not flesh and blood oxygen breathing creatures to try to prove something about actual flesh and blood oxygen breathing creatures that live on earth. So no, what you tried to do with Ezekiel is what's irrelevant.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it's not irrelevant, a vision about creatures and actual real flesh and blood oxygen breathing creatures that live on earth are not the same. You were trying to use Ezekiel which was talking about a vision concerning creatures which were not flesh and blood oxygen breathing creatures to try to prove something about actual flesh and blood oxygen breathing creatures that live on earth. So no, what you tried to do with Ezekiel is what's irrelevant.
You are assuming that the spirit of a man is the oxygen that he breathes. That is not entirely the meaning of ruach.

See post #1 (Hebrews 4:12.).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, well I couldn't follow it. Sorry. That's why I posted. Wasn't sure what you were saying regarding the difference, if any, between the physical buddy and the "sinful flesh".
Just pray for the Holy Spirit to grant you illumination, then.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are assuming that the spirit of a man is the oxygen that he breathes. That is not entirely the meaning of ruach.

See post #1 (Hebrews 4:12.).

I'm not assuming anything, I've been telling you that the oxygen breathing creature is a soul. It doesn't have a soul. The oxygen breathing creature, whether it be a human or animal is a soul. Even fish and other water creatures that live in the rivers, creeks, lakes, and oceans are souls.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just pray for the Holy Spirit to grant you illumination, then.
No, I'm asking you for illumination. After all, it's your theory. The fact that I am finding it weird and unintelligible, could very well be because the holy Spirit is already giving me insight. So I'm offering you the opportunity to explain yourself. In your thinking, is there a difference between the physical body and the "fallen flesh" nature of man? Which one needs to be crucified?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm asking you for illumination. After all, it's your theory. The fact that I am finding it weird and unintelligible, could very well be because the holy Spirit is already giving me insight. So I'm offering you the opportunity to explain yourself. In your thinking, is there a difference between the physical body and the "fallen flesh" nature of man? Which one needs to be crucified?
There is only a slight distinction between the two.

The flesh is very much wrapped up in our physical bodies, see Romans 8:12-13.