Hell Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Before you get so adamant, ask yourself... Or ask scripture... Where that lake of fire is.

This looks like a lack of faith question.
If man cannot understand a biblical concept they either say it isn't so or allagorize it away. These reactions display lack of faith.
The lake of fire is whever God has it, if the location of the lake of fire is our business to know it will be in scripture, if not, leave it to God to know.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this an allegory of Jesus, too???...

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

...if so, what else did Jesus poorly convey to those listening?

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

...if so, what else was Jesus poorly conveying to those listening here?
Metaphors or analogies in the verses that you quoted. But 1000% allegorical in Luke 16:19–31, for the reasons that I cited.
No one should ever use an allegory or parable to derive doctrine, that was the point that I was trying to make.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quoting an unanswerable scripture is all I am guilty of.
Christ will probably have a different opinion on that.
Besides, I was talking to kcnalp, not yourself?
Besides, what's an 'unanswerable Scripture', or what does it mean?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not without too much effort (searching all the threads)
You said "continuously. But you can't seem to find even one.

"You continuously claim others to be unsaved, or threatening them with hell fire"

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said "continuously. But you can't seem to find even one.

"You continuously claim others to be unsaved, or threatening them with hell fire"
My point was not to prove it, but merely to point it out. I think that you're being insincere by not admitting or recognizing it.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was not to prove it, but merely to point it out. I think that you're being insincere by not admitting or recognizing it.
"You said "continuously. But you can't seem to find even one."

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No proof?
Only Satan's children deny that Jesus is the Son of God. Only Satan's children say that Jesus wasn't good.
Only Satan's children say the Father is not God. Galatians 1:3-4 (NKJV) 3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus...
Without you being specific I can hardly answer your charges. I've already been warned for saying it is Satan who says Jesus wasn't good.
The baby butchers and their supporters have ZERO credibility.
Why do you profess to be Christian if you don't believe the Bible?
Again, you are judging Trump with ZERO proof. Do you forgive Trump? Luke 6:37 (NKJV) 37 Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Go ahead and chop up the Bible. It's your neck on Judgment Day.
Do you know the penalty for removing "God the Father" from the Bible? Revelation 22:19 (NKJV) 19 If anyone takes away from the words.
And Jesus is God, no matter how much Satan's children protest.
I know I'm a sinner and Jesus is my Savior. But I don't wish Hell on anyone. You do.
God drowned everyone on Earth but 8, but that doesn't give you the right to drown people.
Indeed! Hell is the worst prison that ever existed with the worst being who ever existed. I don't want you to go there!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Satan's children deny that Jesus is the Son of God. Only Satan's children say that Jesus wasn't good.
Only Satan's children say the Father is not God. Galatians 1:3-4 (NKJV) 3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus...
Without you being specific I can hardly answer your charges. I've already been warned for saying it is Satan who says Jesus wasn't good.
The baby butchers and their supporters have ZERO credibility.
Why do you profess to be Christian if you don't believe the Bible?
Again, you are judging Trump with ZERO proof. Do you forgive Trump? Luke 6:37 (NKJV) 37 Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Go ahead and chop up the Bible. It's your neck on Judgment Day.
Do you know the penalty for removing "God the Father" from the Bible? Revelation 22:19 (NKJV) 19 If anyone takes away from the words.
And Jesus is God, no matter how much Satan's children protest.
I know I'm a sinner and Jesus is my Savior. But I don't wish Hell on anyone. You do.
God drowned everyone on Earth but 8, but that doesn't give you the right to drown people.
Indeed! Hell is the worst prison that ever existed with the worst being who ever existed. I don't want you to go there!
So, what's wrong? I can back it all up with Scripture.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't say anything about spiritual death. It's metaphor. Paul uses death as a metaphor quite often.
It sure isn't physical death. So it must be spiritual death.

Same here.

Luke 15:24 (NKJV)
24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.'

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, hell is terrible per Jesus....

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Don't die lost.

This is Gehenna. If you go to the old testament and read the passage that Jesus is quoting you'll see that it is on the earth and it is corpses, dead bodies, that are burning, not living souls or spirits.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.1
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (Isa. 66:22-24 KJV)

As you can see, it is carcases or dead bodies that are burning.