Hell Is God's Mercy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
So whats the problem Mr Ducky
Aren't you happy that after 4 pages of antagonizing me you can now tell everyone look what a jerk he is. He called me a fool
Isn't that the game you boys enjoy most? Or can't you handle the heat?

You say Im going to hell for it.
I suggest you go back and review the conversations.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So whats the problem Mr Ducky
Aren't you happy that after 4 pages of antagonizing me you can now tell everyone look what a jerk he is. He called me a fool
Isn't that the game you boys enjoy most? Or can't you handle the heat?
Please, stop playing the victim.
You say Im going to hell for it.
I suggest you go back and review the conversations.
Just discussing God's Word. Don't blame me if it upsets people. It usually does.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
So now who is judging who?

It humors me that you judge he and say I'm going to hell. Do you remember this post #122 in it from the beginning page 5; I said that disagreement was not a salvation breaker. It would apear that is your boys intention to cause someone to stumble, not that I have, But by means of antagonizing or being a fool it appears thats your desired out come.

So I'm not going to waste my time writing the very same thing that can be accomplished with a C/P. I've said my piece and you have said yours, so there is really nothing more to discuss is there?
Is it a salvation breaker? or will it cause you to not enter into Gods rest? I doubt it, but it will IMO prevent you from understanding the full counsel of God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So now who is judging who?
You maybe?
It humors me that you judge he and say I'm going to hell. Do you remember this post #122 in it from the beginning page 5; I said that disagreement was not a salvation breaker. It would apear that is your boys intention to cause someone to stumble, not that I have, But by means of antagonizing or being a fool it appears thats your desired out come.
So you're admitting that you don't believe in Jesus/God or eternal punishment?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Please, stop playing the victim.

Just discussing God's Word. Don't blame me if it upsets people. It usually does.

oooohhh just discussing Gods word, by calling me a cultist, telling me im going to hell, my unscripted doctrine, VERY evasive! ect. nice discussion.
After I made it clear I don't think disagreement is a salvation breaker on this topic. Your a fine conversationalist.
Have you heard the verse you reap what you sow?

You maybe?

So you're admitting that you don't believe in Jesus/God or eternal punishment?

ROTF LOL :lol::lol::lol: their is no end to your twisted presumptions is their
Its late good night. If there's no one around tomorrow maybe we can play your game some more

edit;
you really don't understand do you. What I said was if you believe in eternal torment or death like in both body and soul;
one way or the other I don't believe it to be a salvation breaker ether way, that means I don't think it will effect whether you go to heaven or not.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
oooohhh just discussing Gods word, by calling me a cultist, telling me im going to hell, my unscripted doctrine, VERY evasive! ect. nice discussion.
When did I call you a cultist?
After I made it clear I don't think disagreement is a salvation breaker on this topic. Your a fine conversationalist.
Have you heard the verse you reap what you sow?
I'm glad that I won't be held accountable for telling anyone that there is no eternal Hell. That will be your problem.
ROTF LOL :lol::lol::lol: their is no end to your twisted presumptions is their
Its late good night. If there's no one around tomorrow maybe we can play your game some more
Well then correct me if I'm wrong. Do you or don't you believe in Jesus/God and eternal punishment???

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
But I read the latest batch of posts/discussions on hell and those discussion focus on neither yours or my points.

They try to support the idea that when someone is thrown into hell they are burned up into nothingness immediately and there is therefore no torment.

Again, none of the scriptures you provide support the idea of going to hell for a time and then receiving a reprieve.

It is also clear that you do not understand the differences nuances of a physical death, where you spend time between your death and the final judgement, and the ultimate punishment for dying in your sins.

You really don't know why you believe what you believe. That is as sad as it is dangerous.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Bud, I'd really like to know what your problem with addressing scripture is. Look at the last several pages, you refuse to address anything more than slinging opinions back and forth.
You really don't know why you believe what you believe. That is as sad as it is dangerous.
Exactly. I think that hits the nail on the head.

I think Peter would agree with your assessment.

Always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
But I read the latest batch of posts/discussions on hell and those discussion focus on neither yours or my points.

They try to support the idea that when someone is thrown into hell they are burned up into nothingness immediately and there is therefore no torment.

The bible doesn't say that nor did I.

Again, none of the scriptures you provide support the idea of going to hell for a time and then receiving a reprieve.

yes the do

It is also clear that you do not understand the differences nuances of a physical death, where you spend time between your death and the final judgement, and the ultimate punishment for dying in your sins.

now what are you saying that the final out come is the second death. Thats what I've been saying all along

The truth be know applying the proper definitions of the greek words to hell is obviously to complicated for you.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
now what are you saying that the final out come is the second death. Thats what I've been saying all along
This would be easier if you were forthcoming with your view verses continually being restrained with information in order to keep the pot stirred.

Is your argument that we die and go to "hell" (first death)... And THAT hell is that which you say is "death"?
But then we get judged and sent to the eternal fire (second death)- but THAT "hell" is the eternal torment one?

???????

Again, this would be much easier if you'd be forthcoming. You can whine and cry about us dragging this on but the only person enabling this is you, it's taken PAGES now and we still have yet to see a full outline of your view (it could be, perhaps, you don't even know?)

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
This would be easier if you were forthcoming with your view verses continually being restrained with information in order to keep the pot stirred.

Is your argument that we die and go to "hell" (first death)... And THAT hell is that which you say is "death"?
But then we get judged and sent to the eternal fire (second death)- but THAT "hell" is the eternal torment one?

???????

Again, this would be much easier if you'd be forthcoming. You can whine and cry about us dragging this on but the only person enabling this is you, it's taken PAGES now and we still have yet to see a full outline of your view (it could be, perhaps, you don't even know?)

You could have easily read the links.

It could be perhaps, that it's just to much for you to review. I've been there threw the years past, having to review what I have heard and been taught. To pause and consider "with fear and trembling working out my own salvation" Haven't you noticed that many churches are dead in the water. They teach in circles for years, never growing in the knowledge, I believe it's simply a matter of reviewing, prayer, study in the HS. God isn't going to allow you to grow, advance to the next step until you come to terms with His truth. He's not going to allow you drag misconceptions with you in His innermost presents. Like I posted way back, I don't believe this topic to be a salvation breaker "meaning it won't affect your salvation" But it may effect your ability to move forward.

Maybe you should ask yourself are you comfortable in what you believe? If you are them perhaps you have never with fear and trembling worked out the next message of salvation. Your stuck on a step as many others, will you stay their for years or the rest of your life, or do you cry out that the Lord make known His way to you? Paul liked a life to a race, have you seat down on the third third turn saying to yourself I know all things? I have no need to go farther I have obtained the prize. Any living breathing Christian should never have such an opinion. Pride is the haunting spirit before the fall. I am really concerned for many men that profess to be teachers that have been trapped by there own words. Yet not humble enough to review and tell their congregations, the Lord has shown me the error of my ways. The man unafraid to say such a thing is truly submitting to the Lord and a leader of his own destiny, and perhaps others as well.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I'm not having a discussion with Steve Wohlberg. I'm having a discussion with bud02.
Does this fact still not register with you?

Or is it... That you don't have any opinions and you blindly follow Steve Wohlberg's teachings?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I'm not having a discussion with Steve Wohlberg. I'm having a discussion with bud02.
Does this fact still not register with you?

Or is it... That you don't have any opinions and you blindly follow Steve Wohlberg's teachings?

Does post 251 indicate to you I'm a blind follower of any man? On the contrary your stubbornness indicates you have no desire look any farther than yourself.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Considering you still haven't fully formed your own full opinion on the matter, yes.

Like I said earlier this is not my first rodeo. Heres my observation. No matter how I say it or rephrase it, you and others like yourself will never confirm you even understand what is said. In every instance you miss quote or imply something other than what was expressed. Its useless for me to continue for that is the very nature you posses. I know it's not me simply because I can say the same thing to others and they understand the presentation, and choose to agree or disagree. Not so with you and several others here, you can not understand my words or perspective on the subject no matter how I or wohlberg persent it. Thats why you can never say you disagree or agree simply because you can't understand the topic. But instead accuse me of not expressing my view, when in reality its your refusal to even acknowledge you understand subject. Its a game that is played over and over again ether by choice or its simply your nature.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I went back through the pages and pages of posts and couldn't find the references to;
#1 "they are burned up into nothingness immediately and there is therefore no torment"
#2 "going to hell for a time and then receiving a reprieve"

I have no idea of any Christian basis for #1. One of the purposes for torment is that it lasts for quite some time. Much more than an instantaneous destruction is indicated anyway.

#2 sounds a lot like ideology based upon passages from the Catholic apocrypha. It's also similar to Dante Alighieri's work on eternity THE DIVINE COMEDY. Major sections of that work were Inferno, Purgatorio & Paradiso. The ideology of a spiritual parking space for wayward human spirits is called Purgatory and is based upon these two documents. Friends and family of such departed persons could make contributions to the church so that prayers could be said on behalf of the dead, thus shortening their time in purgatory. Basically it was a fund raising device.

It should be noted, however, that the apocrypha was included in the Catholic canon of scriptures by mistake while Dante's work was originally composed as a satire. Both are now taken seriously and completely out of context to orthodox Christian theology.

It would have been helpful, as you suggested, that the writer furnish some clue as to the source for his ideas.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
No matter how I say it or rephrase it, you and others like yourself will never confirm you even understand what is said.
So we're to stupid for your postings, is that it?

Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

I went back through the pages and pages of posts and couldn't find the references to;
#1 "they are burned up into nothingness immediately and there is therefore no torment"

See, bud, it's not just us.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010

I have no idea of any Christian basis for #1. One of the purposes for torment is that it lasts for quite some time. Much more than an instantaneous destruction is indicated anyway.

#2 sounds a lot like ideology based upon passages from the Catholic apocrypha. It's also similar to Dante Alighieri's work on eternity THE DIVINE COMEDY. Major sections of that work were Inferno, Purgatorio & Paradiso. The ideology of a spiritual parking space for wayward human spirits is called Purgatory and is based upon these two documents. Friends and family of such departed persons could make contributions to the church so that prayers could be said on behalf of the dead, thus shortening their time in purgatory. Basically it was a fund raising device.

It should be noted, however, that the apocrypha was included in the Catholic canon of scriptures by mistake while Dante's work was originally composed as a satire. Both are now taken seriously and completely out of context to orthodox Christian theology.

It would have been helpful, as you suggested, that the writer furnish some clue as to the source for his ideas.

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/13057-hell-is-gods-mercy/page__view__findpost__p__98950

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- I would ask that you address this Bud. Not with yet another link which will again fail to even begin to support your point, but a verse - given in full - where you can say "this is the phrase/sentence/word group taht supports your position.

Your decision to continually only post links is a common practice of those who really have nothing to support their position.

Please be an adult and do the right thing.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
-- I would ask that you address this Bud. Not with yet another link which will again fail to even begin to support your point, but a verse - given in full - where you can say "this is the phrase/sentence/word group taht supports your position.

Your decision to continually only post links is a common practice of those who really have nothing to support their position.

Please be an adult and do the right thing.

I think if he was able to do that he'd have done it pages ago. The fact is he can't and is thus revealed as the false teacher he is.