Hello and Good Morning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thegigglesquirrel

Sep 6, 2007
My name is Helen.I've been a Christian for many years but recently have been questioning my calling. So many people have testomises of God speaking to them and of coming to Jesus whereas I never received a huge revelation.I went and saw Billy Graham but I didn't go forward at the call. Instead I mulled over what I'd heard, read the Bible and considered the options (God and life vs satan and death? No brainer).I gave my life but whilst I did feel a sense of peace, there were no trumpets (kind of what the church I was in lead me to expect) and I didn't find my life changed beyond recognition.Time and again I have slid away from God. Some times it's been because of my own desires, sometimes it's been due to hurts received in church. I'm honestly not sure what's caused my current slide, only that I know that I am not right with God.But I have started reading my Bible again. For the first time since I became a mum, I have a time where I read read the daily reading I have and a scripture or two. I pray the prayer that Jesus gave us.I know that He waits for me to make the final step. A few years ago I was a Spirit-filled Christian that could sing in tongues - deep down I know that He is real - but I never learnt the basics (what does one do in quiet time? how do you pray?) so I'm reading and learning and in some cases relearning.And I hope to find some of my aswers here (I joined because having young children I cannot make mid-week meetings at church).God bless you all

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome to Christianity Board Helen, hope thou enjoy thy stay and learn the Word of God more, with much love, peace, tenderhearted, joy, and so much more.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Helen, that sort of thing is what we are here for - to help us all along the path that the Scriptures provide.
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Welcome to the Board, Helen. If you're expecting some great flash of light and a miracle change that will make you an entirely different person all at once, it doesn't work that way. The change from lost sinner to sanctified saint is a lifetime process. Of course, when we call on the Lord we are saved IMMEDIATELY, but God isn't finished with us yet and continually works in our lives to make us what we should be if we let Him. Unfortunately we will probably fail Him many times (I know I have) but God is very patient and never gives up on us even if we give up on Him.:bible: