Why Some Are Lost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many claim to be Christians, but they are not. Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean that they are. Many say that they are Christians because they believe in Jesus. Satan also believes in Jesus and trembles. Is Satan saved? No Satan is not saved. Only those that have saving faith will be saved. What is saving faith? Saving faith is a faith that is trusting in Christ alone for their salvation. Saving faith is not faith in a church or a religion. Those things are a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those that he sees in Christ. To be in Christ means that one is trusting in Christ alone for their salvation, plus nothing else. All that come to Jesus as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. If you believe that you can be lost (unsealed) chances are that you never did believe in the first place. Salvation is not "I think so" Salvation is I know so. Those that have been saved are given assurance that they are saved.

Many believe that they are saved because they went through a Catholic ritual. The Holy Spirit is very active in the salvation of a lost sinner. He convicts us of sin and the need for Christ. In some cases it is very traumatic. Many have a salvation experience, and they know the hour and the day that they were saved. I have heard of people that have come to know Christ as their savior by simply reading the Bible. I was saved when I turned on the TV and heard "But that thy blood was shed for thee". It was the Billy Graham alter call. That was all that I heard. I was so overcome that I could hardly stand up. I have not been the same since.

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many claim to be Christians, but they are not. Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean that they are. Many say that they are Christians because they believe in Jesus. Satan also believes in Jesus and trembles. Is Satan saved? No Satan is not saved. Only those that have saving faith will be saved. What is saving faith? Saving faith is a faith that is trusting in Christ alone for their salvation. Saving faith is not faith in a church or a religion. Those things are a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those that he sees in Christ. To be in Christ means that one is trusting in Christ alone for their salvation, plus nothing else. All that come to Jesus as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. If you believe that you can be lost (unsealed) chances are that you never did believe in the first place. Salvation is not "I think so" Salvation is I know so. Those that have been saved are given assurance that they are saved.

Many believe that they are saved because they went through a Catholic ritual. The Holy Spirit is very active in the salvation of a lost sinner. He convicts us of sin and the need for Christ. In some cases it is very traumatic. Many have a salvation experience, and they know the hour and the day that they were saved. I have heard of people that have come to know Christ as their savior by simply reading the Bible. I was saved when I turned on the TV and heard "But that thy blood was shed for thee". It was the Billy Graham alter call. That was all that I heard. I was so overcome that I could hardly stand up. I have not been the same since.
Many have what I call a misdirected faith. Instead of having faith in Christ and his Gospel they have faith in a church or a religion. They are religious. Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, didn't we" Matthew 7:22-23. Thinking that they did something to please God. God is only pleased with Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Nancy