Hello from HiddenManna

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
I would identify myself as a "charismatic Calvinist" a term I made-up to kinda explain the formation of my understanding of Gods Truth. I am very glad to be on this forum, it seems very friendly, clean and easy to follow along with the forums and topics. Blessings and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi HiddenManna!
13219160.gif

I would not personally call myself a Calvinist...I'm more leaning toward a Wesleyian/Arminian. Welcome to CyB! I am very glad that dispite our doctrinal beliefs,we can both say that we are believer's in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!

13219185.gif

13219171.gif
13219176.gif

Bless ya!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're actually not the first Charismatic Calvinist that I've heard of. Wayne Grudem describes himself that way as well.

I'd perhaps fall somewhere along that same spectrum. I'm not a hardcore Reformed (or Calvinist) guy by any stretch, but I have what you could call a Particular Baptist streak. I am drawn to the sovereignty language, but I don't wholly back many of the statements that are made that boil down to absolute determinism. I believe it gets a bit more complicated than we can espouse. And, I read Wesley on top of guys like Spurgeon and Edwards as well as reading some notable Southern Prebyterians (minus the slavery stuff which I reject as erroneous).

However, I like the idea that you're not afraid to throw in the Charismatic element. That's awesome, and something that I think can often be overlooked in the Calvinist camp. I definitely hope to interact with you in the future and I hope to see ya around on some threads. Welcome! :)

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
HammerStone said:
You're actually not the first Charismatic Calvinist that I've heard of. Wayne Grudem describes himself that way as well.

I'd perhaps fall somewhere along that same spectrum. I'm not a hardcore Reformed (or Calvinist) guy by any stretch, but I have what you could call a Particular Baptist streak. I am drawn to the sovereignty language, but I don't wholly back many of the statements that are made that boil down to absolute determinism. I believe it gets a bit more complicated than we can espouse. And, I read Wesley on top of guys like Spurgeon and Edwards as well as reading some notable Southern Prebyterians (minus the slavery stuff which I reject as erroneous).

However, I like the idea that you're not afraid to throw in the Charismatic element. That's awesome, and something that I think can often be overlooked in the Calvinist camp. I definitely hope to interact with you in the future and I hope to see ya around on some threads. Welcome! :)
Thanks Hammerstone, I did not set out to be in any group but just kinda found myself all alone in some ways and in agreement in some ways? It just kinda came to me that as a "charismatic" I related much more to what is called "Calvinistic" doctrine. Thus I kinda thew them together to kinda help explain the formation of my beliefs. I do believe "sound" doctrine is the greatest of "charismatic" tools? For one who knows and believes the gospel will by nature have their heart open to the Holy Spirit and the work of the Spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit is the teacher of all true doctrine. So these two have never been seperate in my mind. Blessings and peace to you.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
HiddenManna said:
For one who knows and believes the gospel will by nature have their heart open to the Holy Spirit and the work of the Spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit is the teacher of all true doctrine. So these two have never been seperate in my mind.
You are blessed.