Hello from South East Queensland, Australia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello from a fellow member who also lives near a once small fishing village of shacks etc in South Eat Qld. Presently being invaded by a new developmental slum under construction. Our peace and quite is being lost.
Thank you. I understand where you are coming from. When the first traffic lights go up, I'm outta here.

Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good to hear from you, Tony. I hope you are well too and that you meet with some good fellowship here. I'm not doing too bad, hanging in there and striving to walk with the Lord. Some days are better than others of course.
Thank you DHH. I know what you mean. Let's all hang in there together.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712
Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Christian Tony B ; good to see you; I had a cousin in Brisbane (the apartments overlooking the big bend in the Brisbane River)...

Hoping you will be blessed by the Word.......
Thank you. Yes, there's some lovely apartments that look out onto the Brisbane River. I visit Brisbane a few times a year, and always enjoy my time down there.

Reactions: farouk
Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read someplace that the Gold Coast is such a desirable real estate area that right up to the border with New South Wales it's built up around Gold Coast Airport.

Must make it complicate driving between the states of QLD and NSW sometimes, especially since you guys in Australia even have customs checks between the states, let alone for travelllers from outside the Commonwealth of Australia.
Yes, there's some really expensive real estate around the Gold Coast, and it's hinterland. South East Queensland is becoming one continuous strip of residential and commercial developments, with industrial complexes dotted here and there. Indeed, some of us have given Brisbane a nickname, Bris Vegas.

Except for temporary border checks put in place to try and stop the spread of Covid, and food and animal quarantine stations, there are no other checks done at state borders. But our baggage is checked prior to boarding planes. Australians are free to travel throughout the country.

Yes, the Gold Coast airport is pretty busy. My older sister lives in an area that is under one of the airport's flight paths. She didn't realise that when she bought the property a few years back.

Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A nice Aussie g'day from a small bayside village south east NSW....
ok

I believe you guys copped some cold weather with us recently.....?
Hello Aunty Jane. Yes, I think somebody left the door to Tasmania open. We've had stacks of rain too. I think you've had some rain down your way recently too, haven't you?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Just giving a Hi from a small bayside village in South East Queensland, Australia. I hope everyone is well, and in good spirits. Shalom.
Hi there, and welcome to our forum. I hope you will make friends and enjoy the chat and discussions.