Hello from South East Queensland, Australia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Uncle once lived in Tin can Bay when he retired, 1980's
I would ride up the beach from Noosa to Rainbow Beach and to Fraser Island, not over holidays tho, I avoided it then.

Reactions: Christian Tony B
Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Uncle once lived in Tin can Bay when he retired, 1980's
I would ride up the beach from Noosa to Rainbow Beach and to Fraser Island, not over holidays tho, I avoided it then.
That's still a popular drive for campers and day trippers. Some keep going up past Rainbow and hop onto Fraser Island. That used to be a favourite thing to do for backpackers until Covid put a stopper on that. Backpackers are starting to come back now. Great beaches, great fishing, and great hikes too.

Tin Can Bay is a great place for retires, although we are seeing more and more of the younger generation move here, which is nice.

I see you are living at Brisbane. That's a nice place to visit too. Love Southbank.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've heard of Gold Coast Airport, right on the boundary of NSW and QLD.........@Angelina............

You are such a hive of trivial information. The airport is not on the boundary of NSW and QLD, if it was it would not be able to accept any aircraft to land there as it would not have any width to it.

The fact is that the airstrip for the airport straddles the boarder as this snip shows. Half of the strip is in QLD and the other half is in NSW with the departure and arrival lounges in QLD. You really are a funny guy when stating your facts.: -

upload_2022-8-18_7-14-34.png

Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Christian Tony B. My sisters and I will be going to the Gold coast next year for a holiday. Beautiful places to stay. :Happy:

May you and your sisters have a great time here, Angelina. There's plenty to do there, and the beaches are special. The Hinterland is worth an inspection too. The Scenic Rim route wanders through some great countryside and villages. I have a sister that lives on the border of Qld and NSW, just south of the Gold Coast, and I visit her a few times a year and get to sample it.

Reactions: Angelina
Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've heard of Gold Coast Airport, right on the boundary of NSW and QLD.........@Angelina............

Hope you guys have a great time on the Gold Coast.

Yes, it's pretty well on the border. My sister lives just south of the border (yes, she's a Mexican ) and gets a lot of airplane traffic overhead, so it's a fairly busy airport.

Reactions: farouk

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Just giving a Hi from a small bayside village in South East Queensland, Australia. I hope everyone is well, and in good spirits. Shalom.

Hi mate I tried to emigrate to Oz many years ago but they wouldn't have me, they said I hadn't got a skill or trade, tut-tut..:(
Waddya say Skip mate?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you. I’ve never been to Tasmania, but would love to visit. My BIL is from there. NE Tassie looks very inviting.
Nice avatar btw, I’ve been trying to figure which variety of Kingfisher it is, it has lovely colouring.

My avatar is a blue winged Koobaburra. I love birds and will often change my avatar to another Australian bird every so often.

Tassie is certainly a nice place to visit especially if you want to escape the mainland heat.
There are roads that are made for that motorcycle of yours but there is so much wildlife that I wouldn't ride a bike at night.
NE is great but so is the NW and south.

Reactions: Christian Tony B

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi mate I tried to emigrate to Oz many years ago but they wouldn't have me, they said I hadn't got a skill or trade, tut-tut..:(
Waddya say Skip mate?

Skippy is of that era where the Cultural Marxist call taboo ! Don't listen to Skippy or anyone born in that era.

Funny that, as years ago anyone from the UK could just come here, in fact sent here against their will.
Not to mention my little pommy mate Mal Roberts was a Senator and got kicked out of being a Senator for being a dual citizen, but we had many UK PM's etc. They feared him because he has the proof that the climate change spin is all BS.

Reactions: Cristo Rei
Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Waddya say Skip mate?

Not sure what the immigration criteria is, but they probably change it from time to time. We are a small population and at the other end of the world, so I suspect they look at shortages in our skills base and defer to people that have those. We used to have paternal rights that would enable us to move freely to the UK, but that I think was stopped...maybe around the time the UK joined the EU??? Hard to say! Sounds like you've been getting our weather over your way anyhow at the mo, and we're getting some of your usual sample.

Reactions: Dropship