Hello! Just joined. I don’t think I’ve been to this one before.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my name is Mi though I guess here I’m going by Skovand. I have been a Christian since I was baptized into Christ in 08. Though I begin studying the Bible in 07 with disciples in Portland.

I don’t have a specific denomination, it’s more of a specific paradigm about the Bible but doctrinally I am most closely to the Churches of Christ born out of the American restoration movement. Though within the denomination there is a wide span of biblical understanding and I fall on the progressive liberal side of Christianity. Im a evolutionary creationist which is very different from intelligent design beliefs like YEC or OEC. I understand the closed handed topics, and I don’t fully agree with them but I’m not particularly here to debate as much as discuss and enjoy time online. I will wax and wane between how active I am here since I work Monday through Friday 5am-130pm at a metal shop ( not music but actual metal manufacturing) and then from 230-830 I work as a subcontractor building and maintaining water gardens and ponds. Im working on my certifications for landscaping and pesticide management. Im big into native plants and how ecology and habitat systems play a role in developing functional and attractive residential gardens that can help combat some of the anti stewardship practices our species have developed.

I take studying the Bible very seriously. I read weekly and by read I mean studying with a purpose. I read lots of commentaries and books by scholars. Also listen to several podcasts on the subject. I am most influenced by NT Wright, Tim Mackie, Pete Enns, Francis Collins, John Walton and Richard Friedman. I also like Heiser.

Im big into horror genre as entertainment and that includes not just watching, reading and listening to it but also into documentaries on the evolution of horror, behind the scenes and the tropes used. Really enjoy horror as a social commentary.

I really enjoy hiking and foraging when I have time. I hike probably 10-20 hours a week. Though now it’s closer to 5-10 hours a week. I like lifting and biking. Live alone with my cats on a dead end street in the country of Alabama.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello my name is Mi though I guess here I’m going by Skovand. I have been a Christian since I was baptized into Christ in 08. Though I begin studying the Bible in 07 with disciples in Portland.

I don’t have a specific denomination, it’s more of a specific paradigm about the Bible but doctrinally I am most closely to the Churches of Christ born out of the American restoration movement. Though within the denomination there is a wide span of biblical understanding and I fall on the progressive liberal side of Christianity. Im a evolutionary creationist which is very different from intelligent design beliefs like YEC or OEC. I understand the closed handed topics, and I don’t fully agree with them but I’m not particularly here to debate as much as discuss and enjoy time online. I will wax and wane between how active I am here since I work Monday through Friday 5am-130pm at a metal shop ( not music but actual metal manufacturing) and then from 230-830 I work as a subcontractor building and maintaining water gardens and ponds. Im working on my certifications for landscaping and pesticide management. Im big into native plants and how ecology and habitat systems play a role in developing functional and attractive residential gardens that can help combat some of the anti stewardship practices our species have developed.

I take studying the Bible very seriously. I read weekly and by read I mean studying with a purpose. I read lots of commentaries and books by scholars. Also listen to several podcasts on the subject. I am most influenced by NT Wright, Tim Mackie, Pete Enns, Francis Collins, John Walton and Richard Friedman. I also like Heiser.

Im big into horror genre as entertainment and that includes not just watching, reading and listening to it but also into documentaries on the evolution of horror, behind the scenes and the tropes used. Really enjoy horror as a social commentary.

I really enjoy hiking and foraging when I have time. I hike probably 10-20 hours a week. Though now it’s closer to 5-10 hours a week. I like lifting and biking. Live alone with my cats on a dead end street in the country of Alabama.

Welcome here. :) Join right in!

Reactions: Skovand1075

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings! We have a few things in common. I'm also interested in commentaries and scholarly research on the Bible (have not read all that many though due to my hectic schedule; just don't have the time). I'm into hiking too and probably do about 10 hours or so a week with my busy schedule. And I also live on a dead end street! But it's in Maryland, not Alabama. We do have different views on some theological topics, but hey, it's all good. As long as we love Christ and the word and share the fundamentals of Christianity, then it's all good! Hope to talk with you more on here! (I came to know the Lord Jesus in 2013, so not too, too long after you were brought into his glorious Kingdom).

Reactions: Skovand1075

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think the same about your social skills.

“But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge” (2 Corinthians 11:6)

I was polite with you Mr. Horror fan.

I could have been more blunt with you, but wanted to welcome you without turning this into a debate.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hummmm…..When we mix white and black together we get a nasty grey.

what did the Lord mean when He said- “ come ye out and be ye separate …”
And I think Revelation mentions being either hot OR cold …..

‘nough said …

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge” (2 Corinthians 11:6)

I was polite with you Mr. Horror fan.

I could have be more blunt with you, but wanted to welcome you without turning this into a debate.
No worries man. I already understand to ignore you. You’re probably just not the kind of person I’m interested in really engaging with. So feel free to pretend I don’t exist , or feel free to reach out and depending on how you do that will decide my approach. But for now, I just don’t have the time or desire. It best luck.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already understand to ignore you. You’re probably just not the kind of person I’m interested in really engaging with.

That’s fine.

A few members have me on “ignore”.

The Bible itself is on “ignore” by many people here too! I’m in good company!

“…Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.” (Ecclesiastes 9:16)

Plain old Bible reading is beneath the self anointed scholars around here who are “enlightened” (corrupted) by their study books.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Hi and welcome to CB.
Hope you enjoy the forums by sharing and receiving.

Reactions: farouk

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.
I must admit I find it a bit of a strange mix, Horror and Christianity but I just find horror impacts me in a negative way so I avoid it. I would imagine the history of it is quite interesting, I remember looking into the history of some of the old stories like Red riding hood …..they originally were aimed at adults and were very dark stories.
I am an avid fan of murder mystery films, tv ect , so I guess that could also be classed as a ‘ grey ‘ mix for a Christian…….
Rita

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.
I must admit I find it a bit of a strange mix, Horror and Christianity but I just find horror impacts me in a negative way so I avoid it. I would imagine the history of it is quite interesting, I remember looking into the history of some of the old stories like Red riding hood …..they originally were aimed at adults and were very dark stories.
I am an avid fan of murder mystery films, tv ect , so I guess that could also be classed as a ‘ grey ‘ mix for a Christian…….
Rita

Hey Rita, yeah I'm not into horror per say that much but I actually enjoy true crime which I'd say that would definitely be a "grey" mix for a Christian. It doesn't seem clear to be a sin to me at least; I think if you let it engulf your life and become an obsession then yes that would be sinful (though anything that's an obsession is that way even an unequivocally good thing like marriage or children). I believe it's one of those gray areas where it could be considered sinful for some people (like alcohol would be sinful to an alcoholic and should be avoided entirely but it wouldn't be sinful to someone who partakes of it moderately) but not for others. Moderation is often the key in such things. But let us servants each answer to our own master. He is the Lord of our conscious.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forum.
Rita

Brat! Haha!
You know darn well I’m a lover of Midsomer Murders …but I would hardly put that in the horror or satanic section…but maybe the grey LOL

well said my friend. x

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brat! Haha!
You know darn well I’m a lover of Midsomer Murders …but I would hardly put that in the horror or satanic section…but maybe the grey LOL

well said my friend. x
Lol , very Subtle wasn’t I , yep I knew you were a fan the same as me :D:D
I agree it’s not as bad but it’s still in the grey xx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Rita, yeah I'm not into horror per say that much but I actually enjoy true crime which I'd say that would definitely be a "grey" mix for a Christian. It doesn't seem clear to be a sin to me at least; I think if you let it engulf your life and become an obsession then yes that would be sinful (though anything that's an obsession is that way even an unequivocally good thing like marriage or children). I believe it's one of those gray areas where it could be considered sinful for some people (like alcohol would be sinful to an alcoholic and should be avoided entirely but it wouldn't be sinful to someone who partakes of it moderately) but not for others. Moderation is often the key in such things. But let us servants each answer to our own master. He is the Lord of our conscious.
Yes I agree, but sadly not everyone would agree with us xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe it's one of those gray areas where it could be considered sinful for some people (like alcohol would be sinful to an alcoholic and should be avoided entirely but it wouldn't be sinful to someone who partakes of it moderately) but not for others. Moderation is often the key in such things. But let us servants each answer to our own master. He is the Lord of our conscious.
@dhh712 A bit like various things can be. Moderation can be the key. Like table wine, I guess. Like your occasional cigarettes that you've mentioned. I agree; Romans 14 Christian liberty is an important passage, which if ignored leads to a lot of unnecessary legalism.