Hello! Just joined. I don’t think I’ve been to this one before.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I only read the first few sentence and stopped. I would expect better from staff to be honest. That’s a very immature question. I’m not even going to entertain responding to that question.

as for the bit I skimmed about your issues with Mackie and Wright. Well when are we saved? are we saved on earth or are we saved when we hear our names called by Yahweh from his great book? The Bible says the saved and lost will be resurrected and face judgment. Those who are found in the book of life seems to be saved right then. The others are not. We are saved at the same moment the others are damned.
Scripture please...
I am being very honest with you. I haven't heard of most of the men you listed so I researched. I am particularly against their teaching of Paul's messages to the church.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really do think it’s valuable for us to dissent your statement.

“ Why are you not most influenced by God's Word?
I just researched these men you admire and allow to influence you in interpretation of scripture.”

So Heart2Soul could you explain to me why you felt my statement “ I am most influenced by these teachers “ implied I’m not influenced by the Bible? How did you get to me talking about teachers that I admire to equalling me disregarding scripture? That’s very illogical. Seems very reactive.

You followed that up with “ I just done some
Research “ and ……. So the men I mentioned are all professors, with doctorate degrees and considered some of the top professors by other biblical scholars. They have out books, hundreds of episodes as podcasts and have been teaching for decades some of them. So out of hundreds of subjects, which ones do you think I agree with and disagree with? Do you think Wright influenced me more with his book “ surprised by hope “ or his book on the apostle Paul.

See you don’t know because you spent a few minutes researching people
You’ve never heard of and then made a dozens leaps and landed on thinking it’s best to ask a silly , immature question about how little the Bible must mean to me by completely pulling my statement out of its context.

so could you connect all those dots for me?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really do think it’s valuable for us to dissent your statement.

“ Why are you not most influenced by God's Word?
I just researched these men you admire and allow to influence you in interpretation of scripture.”

So Heart2Soul could you explain to me why you felt my statement “ I am most influenced by these teachers “ implied I’m not influenced by the Bible? How did you get to me talking about teachers that I admire to equalling me disregarding scripture? That’s very illogical. Seems very reactive.

You followed that up with “ I just done some
Research “ and ……. So the men I mentioned are all professors, with doctorate degrees and considered some of the top professors by other biblical scholars. They have out books, hundreds of episodes as podcasts and have been teaching for decades some of them. So out of hundreds of subjects, which ones do you think I agree with and disagree with? Do you think Wright influenced me more with his book “ surprised by hope “ or his book on the apostle Paul.

See you don’t know because you spent a few minutes researching people
You’ve never heard of and then made a dozens leaps and landed on thinking it’s best to ask a silly , immature question about how little the Bible must mean to me by completely pulling my statement out of its context.

so could you connect all those dots for me?
How much time does it take to discern false teaching?
How much can a person reveal by the statements he makes?
Can a tree produce both good and bad fruit?
I am not a judge of a person's salvation but I am a judge of whether there is false teaching in someone's theology.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am not a judge of a person's salvation but I am a judge of whether there is false teaching in someone's theology.
@Heart2Soul Sometimes it can be clear if the plain sense of Scripture is being accepted or not.............

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean you’re able to tell if you agree with someone or not and those you disagree with you just say they are false…. I understand. Interesting but meh. I’m become quite accustomed to “ what do the experts know I’ve done my own research” in the last few years. Hope you don’t mind if I just skim past you and don’t really respond. If you want to debate, perhaps you can pose your questions in a debate forum? Maybe save peoples time by holding off trying to repeatedly engage in unwanted debates on a intro? If that makes sense. GBU2.

PS. How much time does it take to clarify someone’s position on dozens of subjects by multiple scholars they mention? Surely more than a few moments.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You mean you’re able to tell if you agree with someone or not and those you disagree with you just say they are false…. I understand. Interesting but meh. I’m become quite accustomed to “ what do the experts know I’ve done my own research” in the last few years. Hope you don’t mind if I just skim past you and don’t really respond. If you want to debate, perhaps you can pose your questions in a debate forum? Maybe save peoples time by holding off trying to repeatedly engage in unwanted debates on a intro? If that makes sense. GBU2.

PS. How much time does it take to clarify someone’s position on dozens of subjects by multiple scholars they mention? Surely more than a few moments.
@Heart2Soul has been a helpful mod on here for years.

If may say so, your recent comments have tended to the aggressive.

Please be respectful.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where did I call Yahweh a liar? That is in fact a lie. That kind of makes you the liar dissent it?
Scripture Genesis chapter 1 records that God created everything yet you obviously believe you know better than scripture, which means in reality you called God a liar.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol , very Subtle wasn’t I , yep I knew you were a fan the same as me :D:D
I agree it’s not as bad but it’s still in the grey xx

this is a serious question , not tongue in cheek.
We were once in a Movement ( you may remember me talking about it years ago)

They taught us that our life and moments of our days and our interests , must only be a life of prayer and Bible reading/ study , like Jesus.

So my question is to you and anyone else @Hidden In Him , @APAX , @ScottA @Pearl @amadeus …etc etc etc …

just how do we do that? I cannot…

I am a believer in Sonship …( the overcomers who follow the Lamb wheresoever He goes) and I believe that the proof of sonship is how we spend our time . So , on that score, I will end up as an “ also ran” but not an overcoming son. :oops:

for all of our early years in following the Lord …we would never watch Tv , or read any secular books …Bible only , worship and prayer . But, that said …when we got old and no longer in the church ministry ….we have little to do other than eat , sleep , worship, prayer , go on forums ( haha) etc , so yes …I guess we sold out to “ The Grey “ …

Now I see why there is only a remnant that follows the Lamb …the rest of us will be just happy to be with the Lord in Glory ……but in the “also tans” …not the front runners ….
I just hope in that big crowd we can also see His face and not only hear His voice ! xx

Last edited:

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture Genesis chapter 1 records that God created everything yet you obviously believe you know better than scripture, which means in reality you called God a liar.

So if I disagree with your interpretation of genesis 1 that means I’m calling Yahweh a liar? Isn’t it a bit crazy to make yourself equal to our god?

What genre is genesis 1? When I read genesis 1-11 I see a narrative that most closely matches something that does not require a literal interpretation. The Bible is a vast collections of books and they have numerous genre contained within them.

For example let’s temporarily check out some of revelation 12:3-4
3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven crowns. 4 And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and hurled them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her Child.

do you think that’s literal or is it symbolic? Is it a non literal story presenting a real truth?

now I am quite certain that it’s not literal. I understand it’s symbolism. It’s part of the end times mythos. I understand that it’s cultural focus was ancient Jews and gentiles who learned the Jewish scriptures. So when these people read it, they knew what was actually being shared and did not just simply have a plain reading and literal interpretation.

So if I said I don’t believe Satan was actually a red dragon I’m not calling Yahweh a liar. Would you agree?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome!

Yikes. Be careful with that stuff friend.

Really?

That is a strange marriage; Bible reader and Horror fan.

Something seems amiss there bud!
Very amiss my friend . Ye cannot love the table of Christ and the table of belial .
Ye cannot love the holy book and then love what that same book calls evil . Something is gone amiss huge .
But many are like that . THey can holler we love the bible and GOD and CHRIST
and yet they loveth evil . Sounds just like i once was . AND I WAS LOST BIG TIME .
SEE , when GOD changes a heart , HE actually CHANGES the heart . TO LOVE TRUTH , RIGHTEOUSNESS , HOLINESS
and all things pleasing to GOD . The last time i checked evil aint well pleasing to GOD at all .
WE must strap on all armour of the LORD and proclaim truth at all times . Many are not gonna make it .
WE must do all to point to Christ and all biblical truth as reminders by which one can grow . AND FAST TOO .
Cause the day of the LORD cometh in an hour that many think not .

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you are interested in going beyond a plain reading interpretation of genesis 1 I would like to make a few suggestions. There are some resources out there that gets these texts and places them properly within their cultural setting. It’s scholarly biblical hermeneutics. It focuses on proper contextual analysis such as genre and other literary devices.
This is a short book, maybe 200 pages give or take by the Old Testament scholar Dr. John Walton. It’s part of his lost World Series which includes “ Lost World of Genesis 1, The Lost World of Adam and Eve and the Lost World of the Flood”. This entire book is focused on understanding genesis chapter 1. Genesis is actually my favorite book and not to show boat but I’ve read over 20 books just on genesis and about another 20-30 commentaries on it. Not to mention a hundred or so hours of podcasts by professors and experts. It’s a wonderful book and I look forward to discussing it. Though I’ll probably do so through numerous threads dedicated to a few verses at a time and how they are interwoven throughout the rest of the tanakh and even the gospels and epistles.

Attachments

• 7B2C649D-A2F4-4F38-B4D0-091968F65372.jpeg
    7B2C649D-A2F4-4F38-B4D0-091968F65372.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 0

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very amiss my friend . Ye cannot love the table of Christ and the table of belial .
Ye cannot love the holy book and then love what that same book calls evil . Something is gone amiss huge .
But many are like that . THey can holler we love the bible and GOD and CHRIST
and yet they loveth evil . Sounds just like i once was . AND I WAS LOST BIG TIME .
SEE , when GOD changes a heart , HE actually CHANGES the heart . TO LOVE TRUTH , RIGHTEOUSNESS , HOLINESS
and all things pleasing to GOD . The last time i checked evil aint well pleasing to GOD at all .
WE must strap on all armour of the LORD and proclaim truth at all times . Many are not gonna make it .
WE must do all to point to Christ and all biblical truth as reminders by which one can grow . AND FAST TOO .
Cause the day of the LORD cometh in an hour that many think not .
So what sin am I saying I love?

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do what you have to do I believe the Genesis account of creation obviously you don’t, and interpretation has nothing to do with what was clearly explained and recorded in Genesis it was so simple a child can understand it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a serious question , not tongue in cheek.
We were once in a Movement ( you may remember me talking about it years ago)

They taught us that our life and moments of our days and our interests , must only be a life of prayer and Bible reading/ study , like Jesus.

So my question is to you and anyone else @Hidden In Him , @APAX , @ScottA @Pearl etc etc etc …

just how do we do that? I cannot…

I am a believer in Sonship …( the overcomers who follow the Lamb wheresoever He goes) and I believe that the proof of sonship is how we spend our time . So , on that score, I will end up as an “ also ran” but not an overcoming son. :oops:

for all of our early years in following the Lord …we would never watch Tv , or read any secular books …Bible only , worship and prayer . But, that said …when we got old and no longer in the church ministry ….we have little to do other than eat , sleep , worship, prayer , go on forums ( haha) etc , so yes …I guess we sold out to “ The Grey “ …

Now I see why there is only a remnant that follows the Lamb …the rest of us will be just happy to be with the Lord in Glory ……but in the “also tans” …not the front runners ….
I just hope in that big crowd we can also see His face and not only hear His voice ! xx
If we are His, we are both natural and spiritual. The one points to the other, and therefore we are commissioned to live a life of service where we are placed...according to our gifts, which would include those things that come as the result of the desires of our heart. All things are appointed by God. Just show up. Be ready. We may choose our own path, but the Lord guides our steps.

Reactions: Helen

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do what you have to do I believe the Genesis account of creation obviously you don’t, and interpretation has nothing to do with what was clearly explained and recorded in Genesis it was so simple a child can understand it.

so does that mean you’re unable to answer the questions I posed? Because I’ve countered this already. I do hope that you’re able to find passion to really dive into theology in the future. A overly simplistic reading unfortunately misses out on so much. I hope you’ll be able to see my future posts as I tease out the beauty in them.

I do have a request though. Multiple times I’ve mentioned I believe in God and the scriptures. At this point your willfully lying to say I don’t believe in genesis. I most definitely believe in it. I just have a very good in-depth grasp of it that you’ve simply may not have come across.