Hellow, I'm Pompadour. (Pomp.)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on another Forum for a number of years, but that one shut down,( Prophesy Talk ) I found this one and found some members and friends from PT on this Forum so I joined Christianity Board.

My main interest is End Time Prophesy.... And there is a very good reason for that...... When I was about 10 yrs old the Holy Spirit told me in a VERY profound way that I will be alive when Jesus returns, I'm now pushing 70. so I know we are close.
I will tell of the experience if any one wants to hear it.
Pomp.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Pomp!

welcomecat.gif

I'm so glad that you found us again after PT went down sweetie!... ^_^
Life after PT...does it really exist???

Looking forward to your posts...

haveanicedaysun.jpg

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Pomp, bust it out if you don't mind - or send me a PM if you'd like to keep it private! :)

The "end times" has been a focal point for me as well. I don't have any great prophetic visions, but I know God chose to place to important dreams upon me in my life and I cannot help but return to the subject each time I read the Bible. I personally feel like there is a lot of misinformation out there, but I trust the Holy Spirit to light the way. That was actually one of the reasons CB came about over 5 years ago now.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Pomp...That might be an interesting debate between HammerStone and yourself....Ya'll might consider sharing with the rest of us..I love the end times, for we are living them today....

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all, I love to share my experience. I don't like to push it on anyone, that's why I ask if someone wants to hear it.... First I don't claim to be any one special... I'm one of the biggest sinners you will ever meet. Thank GOD for grace. The 12 were in the upper room and the Holy Spirit came in like a mighty rushing wind................... That's how my experience started.

I was about 10 yrs old.( 1951 ) I was out in front of my house standing in the street. ( it was a dead end street, no traffic ) was just looking at a large tree and turned around, and as soon as I did I was hit by a blast of wind from behind and above me ( 45 degree angle ) when it hit me, I ducked down because it startled me, as I was crouched over I remember thinking, why didn't the dust billow up and blow around on the street because it was a powerful blast of wind. ( not ordinary wind )
So I decided to turn around and see what caused the wind....... When I tried to turn around I could not move, I tried 3 or 4 times but I was froze in that crouch........ Then I heard a voice say, " you will be alive when Jesus returns " ..... Then I felt like some one lifted a very heavy weight from my shoulders.
I felt light as a feather, as I was slowly standing up, I was FILLED with,.... Joy... Peace..... and Happiness, all at the same time, filled up over flowing, there are no words to describe the feeling. (It was Incredible) ....... As I stood there stunned and confused, my whole body was tingling, like when your hand or foot falls asleep.

That feeling slowly went away............... I had no idea what had just happened. or what it meant, so I went in the house and told my mother what had just happened and asked her if she knew what it was......... she said nooooooooooo I don't know what that was.... so being a 10 yr old I thought that if mother didn't know what it was, it must not be important. so I just forgot all about it. Until I was in my 20s it came back into my mind and I relived it, and that got interested in end time Prophesy.

I still don't know why GOD chose to tell me this or what he wants me to do, other then to tell any one who will listen, that we are definitely in the last of the last days.............. It is written. what GOD tells you in secret, shout from the roof tops.

HammerStone I would like to hear of your Dreams.

Pomp.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
To all, I love to share my experience. I don't like to push it on anyone, that's why I ask if someone wants to hear it.... First I don't claim to be any one special... I'm one of the biggest sinners you will ever meet. Thank GOD for grace. The 12 were in the upper room and the Holy Spirit came in like a mighty rushing wind................... That's how my experience started.

I was about 10 yrs old.( 1951 ) I was out in front of my house standing in the street. ( it was a dead end street, no traffic ) was just looking at a large tree and turned around, and as soon as I did I was hit by a blast of wind from behind and above me ( 45 degree angle ) when it hit me, I ducked down because it startled me, as I was crouched over I remember thinking, why didn't the dust billow up and blow around on the street because it was a powerful blast of wind. ( not ordinary wind )
So I decided to turn around and see what caused the wind....... When I tried to turn around I could not move, I tried 3 or 4 times but I was froze in that crouch........ Then I heard a voice say, " you will be alive when Jesus returns " ..... Then I felt like some one lifted a very heavy weight from my shoulders.
I felt light as a feather, as I was slowly standing up, I was FILLED with,.... Joy... Peace..... and Happiness, all at the same time, filled up over flowing, there are no words to describe the feeling. (It was Incredible) ....... As I stood there stunned and confused, my whole body was tingling, like when your hand or foot falls asleep.

That feeling slowly went away............... I had no idea what had just happened. or what it meant, so I went in the house and told my mother what had just happened and asked her if she knew what it was......... she said nooooooooooo I don't know what that was.... so being a 10 yr old I thought that if mother didn't know what it was, it must not be important. so I just forgot all about it. Until I was in my 20s it came back into my mind and I relived it, and that got interested in end time Prophesy.

I still don't know why GOD chose to tell me this or what he wants me to do, other then to tell any one who will listen, that we are definitely in the last of the last days.............. It is written. what GOD tells you in secret, shout from the roof tops.

HammerStone I would like to hear of your Dreams.

Pomp.

Very interesting Pomp. I can relate to everything you said.

After my 32 seconds with the angels I was light as a feather for 2 whole years , I know the feeling. On the other hand I find it kind of a lonely experience .... no one else can comprehend .... cant blame them i guess..

You say you are 70. I am 60 .... born early in December 1951 .... became a Christian in 1986 ,

You are not far from me if you live in Minnesota .... I am near Winnipeg.

Best wishes .... would love to have coffee some day ...

I bet the winds would blow and the angels would stop by :)

Arnie

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
I was on another Forum for a number of years, but that one shut down,( Prophesy Talk ) I found this one and found some members and friends from PT on this Forum so I joined Christianity Board.

My main interest is End Time Prophesy.... And there is a very good reason for that...... When I was about 10 yrs old the Holy Spirit told me in a VERY profound way that I will be alive when Jesus returns, I'm now pushing 70. so I know we are close.
I will tell of the experience if any one wants to hear it.
Pomp.
You will be living a long life then?
I remember my mother telling me I would be here when Christ returned. She knew the day of her death and the details up to the snow falling on the day of her funeral and being gone by the afternoon.
She told me it was the LORD's will for me to bring the last remenant in. To help the last pass over.
SO much I see these times as being the final run up to those things. Everything set in place and world politics bringing in the last elements of something the governments could never even have imagined and something they would have stopped if they had seen.

But no one will know the day or the hour of the LORD's return. The stage is set just waiting for the main players to take the stage.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow 3 responses! I have been checking this thread for months and no one had been here. thanks for the interest.

Arnie. we have something very special in common. most people have not experienced what we have, I wish that all Christians could have a similar experience. But most people don't, and that's why it is so hard to describe the experience to other people, but I try.

Your post in the ( what would you say when you meet Jesus ) thread was so much like my experience with the Joy Peace and Happiness that I had to mention this thread for you to see some one else had a similar experience and you are not alone. I know the feeling, you almost feel guilty some how.

Faithful. ( will you be living a long time then? ) I do not have life insurance or a living will.... But I do not know how long I will have to wait. some people hope it's another hundred yrs. I hope not. I DO NOT KNOW WHEN Jesus will return, but it will be soon based on Math.24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. This generation will not pass away till I return. WE are that generation.

There is a very high probability you mother is right . your statement, "to help in the last pass over" Reminds me of the parable of the 10 virgins, hummm

Episkopoks. ( up the volume!!!! ) I wish I could tell more people. I tell every one that will listen, that is why I told of my experience on this thread and have made reference to it in several posts. I would love to up the volume, and shout from the roof tops. If and when GOD want's me to, HE will probably give me a ladder. soon I hope...

Pomp.

Couppy

Jul 27, 2012
Wow 3 responses! I have been checking this thread for months and no one had been here. thanks for the interest.

Arnie. we have something very special in common. most people have not experienced what we have, I wish that all Christians could have a similar experience. But most people don't, and that's why it is so hard to describe the experience to other people, but I try.

Your post in the ( what would you say when you meet Jesus ) thread was so much like my experience with the Joy Peace and Happiness that I had to mention this thread for you to see some one else had a similar experience and you are not alone. I know the feeling, you almost feel guilty some how.

Faithful. ( will you be living a long time then? ) I do not have life insurance or a living will.... But I do not know how long I will have to wait. some people hope it's another hundred yrs. I hope not. I DO NOT KNOW WHEN Jesus will return, but it will be soon based on Math.24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. This generation will not pass away till I return. WE are that generation.

There is a very high probability you mother is right . your statement, "to help in the last pass over" Reminds me of the parable of the 10 virgins, hummm

Episkopoks. ( up the volume!!!! ) I wish I could tell more people. I tell every one that will listen, that is why I told of my experience on this thread and have made reference to it in several posts. I would love to up the volume, and shout from the roof tops. If and when GOD want's me to, HE will probably give me a ladder. soon I hope...

Pomp.

Hi Pomp,

I read your experience in a previous post dated 26 Oct. 2011. I would like to ask if you were saved (or born again) when you had this experience? I want to know if you were spiritually alive to God at the time.

Couppy.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Couppy. I believe the experience I had WAS, the baptism of the holy spirit. ( HE comes in as a mighty rushing wind ) that was the first thing I experienced, was the rushing wind.

At age ten was about the time I made my first communion, or was going to school for it. and yes God was a big part of my life at that time. I was planing to become a Priest, but some how it never happened.

The Holy Spirit go's as He chooses, I don't think any one controls Him, and He is very special to God. The apostles laid hands on people to receive the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. No one laid hands on me and I never have spoken in tongues.

I would pray that you could experience the Holy Spirit also, You seam to have the hunger it. God's will be done.

Pomp.

Couppy

Jul 27, 2012
Hello Couppy. I believe the experience I had WAS, the baptism of the holy spirit. ( HE comes in as a mighty rushing wind ) that was the first thing I experienced, was the rushing wind.

At age ten was about the time I made my first communion, or was going to school for it. and yes God was a big part of my life at that time. I was planing to become a Priest, but some how it never happened.

The Holy Spirit go's as He chooses, I don't think any one controls Him, and He is very special to God. The apostles laid hands on people to receive the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. No one laid hands on me and I never have spoken in tongues.

I would pray that you could experience the Holy Spirit also, You seam to have the hunger it. God's will be done.

Pomp.

Hi Pomp,

You are right, I never experienced the Holy Spirit as a 'mighty rushing wind'. However, I have a lot of experience walking with the Holy Spirit and one important thing I realised about Him is that He never leaves you no matter what you go through. Jesus said the same thing in John 14:16 'And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He will abide with you forever' NKJV. Verse 26, But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my Name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you'. The Holy Spirit dwells in disciples of Christ but the world (unbelievers) do not know him

Why do you think the Holy Spirit comes and goes? Sometimes He reveals Himself in a dramatic way but He can be very silent at times.

I have experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit and I do pray in tongues to edify myself and offer praises to God.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Couppy. To your question. I think, it go's to the fact that God gave us free will. and in doing so He limited Himself as to how much He will interfere in our life,
But after we accept Jesus and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit we become adopted sons of God. He can then interfere/ help a little or a lot in our life's as He chooses.

He want's us to grow strong in faith, He will let us stumble and fall and learn to pick our self's up, and He will help when we can't . God has reasons and purposes for our life's that we could not comprehend if He told us. Trust and faith......

I'm pleased that you have received the Holy Spirit and pray in tongues.
Pomp.

Couppy

Jul 27, 2012
Pomp,

You are right to say that we are adopted as sons of God, according to John 1:12 'But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:'. To become a child of God we have to believe in His name. His name is Jesus who came to the world to save us from the bondage of sin. To believe in HIs name is to believe what Jesus did for us. He shed His blood on the cross of calvary so that we can be cleansed from our sins but we have to repent first. We are then sealed by the Holy Spirit.

As soon as we give our lives to Jesus Christ we are born into the family of God. We turn to God through Jesus Christ to help us grow through studying the Scriptures, fellowshipping with other Christians and spending a lot of time in prayer. As child we learn to sit, stand, and walk in Christ. We stumble and fall but pick ourselves up, holding onto Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is very important in our lives. To the Apostles He came as a mighty rush and maybe that is the same experience you had but make sure you know he is dwelling in you. The more dedicated we are in Jesus the stronger we are in the Lord and a lot of opportunity to learn much quicker.

You can receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit if you want to. Talk to a pastor who believes in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He will pray for you as soon as you can convince him you repented and gave your life to Christ. There is nothing stopping you from receiving from God. You can also ask God for the gift of tongues as well if you desire such. Talk to someone who can help.

If you fall make sure you get up, dust yourself up, and re-focus your eyes on Christ. God is merciful, gracious, and long suffering but never take Him for granted.

Couppy.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately none of those kind of people where I live.
Pomp.