Help leading a friend to Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
No... you said you agreed completely and then went on to talk about how wrongs Catholics are and then when I said I wasn't talking about Catholics you said I wasn't being constructive... that's what you said...

And it's not a generalization... it's a principle... and I've found that same principle in many different divisions...

Don't get bitter because I wont jump on your anti-catholic bandwagon... haha

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha... guaranteed if I went on to talk about how bad catholics are you and I would be best of chums right now... get over it homey... there's a lot of good catholic people that know Jesus... and that's my point... it's knowing God that matters... and there's individuals in every division that do... I used to go to this church and every sermon the pastor would bash catholics... and the thing was all the pastor's kids were on drugs... it's like, "Yo... fix yourself up and your family before you go trying to fix Catholicism"

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
My best friend has been on a downward spiral for the past 10 years. I wont go into any of it.

Long story short, He sent me a text the other day. He told me he needed God in his life and asked how he could do that. I told him to tell God that same thing. I said for him to pray and tell God everything and ask for his help.

Where do I go from here? I don't want to overwhelm him and I'm not sure how to start the basics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

First of all..you did good! If it were me I would wait for more questions and, if you think it is timely, ask if you can pray with him. Or, at least, tell him that you would be praying or, even better, if he allows it..tell him how God has met the needs in your life and what Jesus means to you, thus some personal testimony.

Above all..intercede for him and ask the Spirit to give you just the right moment to say more. And keep befriending him the way you have. Love and care speaks louder than too many words although words do matter! :)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
haha... guaranteed if I went on to talk about how bad catholics are you and I would be best of chums right now... get over it homey... there's a lot of good catholic people that know Jesus...

-- Funny, I don't remember making generalizations of Catholics, as you seem to make generalizations.

Of course there are God-loving Catholics. I am dear friends with many and even have family members who fit into that category. I was a Catholic for decades.

But that doesn't alter the accuracy of my observation of the Catholic Church's past conversion practices in Mexico, Central and South America.

NEWSFLASH: Just because you don't approve of what a group did in the past, or certain non-scriptural practices they embrace today.....and try to keep up here.....it doesn't mean I don't love the members of that group or believe that they are aren't loving or earinestly seeking God.

Just like members of all denominations, in the end some will be listed with the sheep, and some with the goats.

According to your standard, just because I can find fault with some things the U.S. has done in the past, I must hate America specifically and want to criticize all Americans in general.

You are going to have to do better than that....homey.

Your statement: "There's a difference between coming to Christ and coming to a religion that uses the name of Christ..." -- is in total agreement with what I said immediately after you made it. It really is that simple.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
There's nothing the catholic church does that all the other divisions don't do... because as soon as you see division you know it's carnal... all the divisions use God's name for selfish gain... to obtain greedy power, etc... the only true church is individuals and within those individuals there is no division because the body of Christ isn't divided... unfortunately people buy into propaganda sold to them by their sects the same way people who buy MAC are taught through marketing to be divided against PC... haha... because it's a money making business and that's what businesses do... that's one of the principles that make it impossible to serve God and money... because as soon as you bring money into the equation you create competition over market share... and the body of Christ isn't competing against itself over market share... it's unifying itself under one head... so here's the deal... once I quit following any man... especially those who make money off God's name all of a sudden I didn't feel division in the body and I saw clearly I was being manipulated into feeling that way for nothing more that the purpose of mans selfish gain. So quit seeing it as a problem with Catholics and start seeing it as a problem with a principle... that principle being what I said in the beginning... that, "There's a difference between coming to Christ and coming to a religion that uses the name of Christ..."

Make sense?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
There's nothing the catholic church does that all the other divisions don't do... because as soon as you see division you know it's carnal... all the divisions use God's name for selfish gain... to obtain greedy power, etc... the only true church is individuals and within those individuals there is no division because the body of Christ isn't divided... unfortunately people buy into propaganda sold to them by their sects the same way people who buy MAC are taught through marketing to be divided against PC... haha... because it's a money making business and that's what businesses do... that's one of the principles that make it impossible to serve God and money... because as soon as you bring money into the equation you create competition over market share... and the body of Christ isn't competing against itself over market share... it's unifying itself under one head... so here's the deal... once I quit following any man... especially those who make money off God's name all of a sudden I didn't feel division in the body and I saw clearly I was being manipulated into feeling that way for nothing more that the purpose of mans selfish gain. So quit seeing it as a problem with Catholics and start seeing it as a problem with a principle... that principle being what I said in the beginning... that, "There's a difference between coming to Christ and coming to a religion that uses the name of Christ..."

Make sense?

-- Wow. Are you on some sort of medication, Robbie?

Remember, this all started because I posted showing that evangelizing to strangers can indeed bring them to Christ so you tried to do a drive-by implication with: "There's a difference between coming to Christ and coming to a religion that uses the name of Christ..."

Now you are just hurling as much as you can against the wall in hopes that something will stick.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Whatever dude... I'm hiding you... I don't play the insult game... go find someone else to trade insults with... or better yet go beat your head against the Vatican wall... haha... this will be my last response to you.. peace...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now come on y'all...lighten up! This is a time of celebration...

Where do I go from here? I don't want to overwhelm him and I'm not sure how to start the basics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Everyone has a little treasure to share, so let's all be constructive and focus on helping WK with some good suggestions regarding his buddy...:)

Blessings!!!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Whatever dude... I'm hiding you... I don't play the insult game... go find someone else to trade insults with... or better yet go beat your head against the Vatican wall... haha... this will be my last response to you.. peace...

-- One has only to peruse some of your posts - even today - that show you do indeed "play the insult game."
Plank first, then splinter.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Fellas! This is a thread that is good news. Let's take the disagreement somewhere else. Thanks!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I think what you are doing is right on Whiteknuckle. You are praying for him, and seeking council on his behalf. Just keep trusting God will give you the words and opportunity. If you can, get your friends praying for both of you and to cast the enemy and his attempts away from what God is doing. I pray God would develop the desire for God in your friend and cultivate that dependency in Him. I pray he would crave God deeply. I pray the influence of the enemy would be cut off from your friend and that only influences who would draw him closer to God would be presented in his life. Thank you God for your persistent love. I pray against the tendency and desire that draws people away who are so close to you by thinking their desire is merely a passing thing that will be gone once circumstances change.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Well, it seems like he's doing better as far as the wanting to die part.

He did got to church last sunday. LOL, it's interesting what his comment was.

"Man, those women go to church dressed like hoes! What's up with that?" :lol: Not to get on a church rant, but, I'm glad he went.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I too have been surprised at the revealing clothes that a large number of women wear to church.
Some have said, "I am not trying to entice men. They don't have to look if they don't want to."
The problem with that is that many men deal with issues of the flesh and if you make it easier for them to fall because you CHOSE to wear revealing clothes...

Recently there was an issue with a number of women dressing in what many would consider an overly revealing fashion in church.
The pastor's wife put out a generic message in the bulletin suggesting that women be more concious of it. No change.

She felt it necessary to mention to a couple of women that they may need to take more care in what they wear, prompting one woman to say, "So we have to wear burkhas around here?"

The reply from the pastor's wife was appropriate. "Of course not, but you should dress at least the same way you would dress for a job interview."

Most women reacted positively because they know that dressing too revealingly at a job interview more often does more harm than good.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Good morning folks!
What women wear to Church is an interesting topic and one that deserves another thread for discussion. This thread however, is about WKs buddy. Please try to keep your posts in line with the OT.

Thank you and Blessings
Moderating Team.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: - 1 Peter 2:2

I always start out with devotional material. Stuff like you see on my web site. I am very big on sharing this kind of stuff on DVD or CD. I normally start out with milk in which I share Joel Osteen DVD's.