Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny how the documentation in those videos (which I have been providing piece by piece), irrespective of the presenter, is never actually refuted, but simply 'hand-waved' away.
My favorite mind blowing recent videos that defends the King James Bible as the inerrant perfect Word of God are these three videos here:

This video goes into explaining Deuteronomy 16:11, and others.

This video goes into explaining Isaiah 34:16 (Seek ye out the book of the Lord).

This video focuses on the mathematical miracles of the number 7 in the King James Bible:

They are a must see!
Especially the first video.

If you have not seen it, there is also another passage about the year 1611 in the Bible (if you have not seen it):

+.............Luke 4:4
+........Matthew 4:4
+ Deuteronomy 8:3
= ..................16:11

1 column (green) added up together in a straight line down = 16.

One column (red) added up together in a straight line down = 11.

This is a total of 16:11 or 1611.

The year 1611 (Which is a major change in human history) with the bringing in of the King James Bible.

Luke 4:4 says,
"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Matthew 4:4 says,
"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

Deuteronomy 8:3 says,
"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

The creator of the above videos also talks about the Psalms and 16:11, as well.
So three times we have the King James Bible pointing to mathematical miracles involving the number 1611 within the KJB (Which as most know is the year the KJB was finished for publication).

Coincidence? Random chance? If one believes in such things.
I believe they are marks of God’s Word.

Oh, this video below really shows some great verses that I did not catch before that are altered in Modern bibles, and I have been studying this topic for a few years. Another good video.

Side Note:

If you watch the first video on Deuteronomy 16:11, keep this one verse in mind as he is talking.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4
3 ”Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect…”

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be glad to hear, what the "truth" is, from 'you', if it is not found on JWFacts, as it seems pretty well documented and logical in conclusions. Are you saying that the information presented by those links is incorrect, misrepresentative, and if so, which specific parts, please. I would be glad to hear what you have to say, on the matter.

As for instance, when Johann places all those anti-SDA sites onto the forum (because he cannot of himself refute anything I have presented, and he is a coward, being unable and unwilling to defend anything he posts from those sites), which are absolutely riddled with error, misrepresentations, misquotes, and out of context material, and outright falsitifcations, I am able to document those things in opposition showing that Johann doesn't have a clue as to what Seventh-day Adventist teach, preach, practice, and actually have in print. He simply runs to someone (with a massive bias) online whom he thinks will be helpful in rebuttable and never vetts the material himself, which is one of the most unChristian things, as the Bible tells us to "prove all things", to "Search the scriptures", etc. Johann is a classic case of Prv. 18:13,17.
I think the man should at least be informed he is being discussed by you by adding the @ to his name. Then he can decide himself to ignore you or not. @Johann . I mean, you mention him 3 times in one paragraph. He should at least be spoken to to his own face when you call him an unbiblical coward. Otherwise, you yourself might seem like the coward.
My hope is that he will ignore you but at least call a man an unbiblical coward to his face rather than his back.

By the way, I have liked and been helped by quite a lot of what Ellen White wrote. And she knew that Jesus is God. :)

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think the man should at least be informed he is being discussed by you by adding the @ to his name. Then he can decide himself to ignore you or not. @Johann . I mean, you mention him 3 times in one paragraph. He should at least be spoken to to his own face when you call him an unbiblical coward. Otherwise, you yourself might seem like the coward.
My hope is that he will ignore you but at least call a man an unbiblical coward to his face rather than his back.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Stun, but I have nothing to discuss with him.
J.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read something, I think it was in here, about today and a comma, but I can’t find it again.

And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

So…some think the comma should be after the word today? Did I understand that correctly?

Why would Jesus be saying I tell you today when the thief knew it was today that Jesus was speaking to him?
This strikes me the same as when John says, I was in the Spirit on the Lords day and people think he was carefully stating what day of the week he was in the Spirit. I believe he was saying he was taken, in Spirit, to see that great “Day of the Lord” and events that would occur on/in that day.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite mind blowing recent videos that defends the King James Bible as the inerrant perfect Word of God are these three videos here:

This video goes into explaining Deuteronomy 16:11, and others.

This video goes into explaining Isaiah 34:16 (Seek ye out the book of the Lord).

This video focuses on the mathematical miracles of the number 7 in the King James Bible:

They are a must see!
Especially the first video.

If you have not seen it, there is also another passage about the year 1611 in the Bible (if you have not seen it):

+.............Luke 4:4
+........Matthew 4:4
+ Deuteronomy 8:3
= ..................16:11

1 column (green) added up together in a straight line down = 16.

One column (red) added up together in a straight line down = 11.

This is a total of 16:11 or 1611.

The year 1611 (Which is a major change in human history) with the bringing in of the King James Bible.

Luke 4:4 says,
"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Matthew 4:4 says,
"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

Deuteronomy 8:3 says,
"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

The creator of the above videos also talks about the Psalms and 16:11, as well.
So three times we have the King James Bible pointing to mathematical miracles involving the number 1611 within the KJB (Which as most know is the year the KJB was finished for publication).

Coincidence? Random chance? If one believes in such things.
I believe they are marks of God’s Word.

Oh, this video below really shows some great verses that I did not catch before that are altered in Modern bibles, and I have been studying this topic for a few years. Another good video.

Side Note:

If you watch the first video on Deuteronomy 16:11, keep this one verse in mind as he is talking.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4
3 ”Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect…”
Haven't you posted this before? And it was just as invalid the first time. You Tube is not a valid source of information. Anyone can post anything and claim it to be true. (Think Bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, etc.)

And the 1611 numerology is nonsense. Chapters and verses were added to Scripture -- they are not part of Scripture -- in the middle 16th Century. Cooking up some supposed meaning is absurd.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I read something, I think it was in here, about today and a comma, but I can’t find it again.

And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

So…some think the comma should be after the word today? Did I understand that correctly?

Why would Jesus be saying I tell you today when the thief knew it was today that Jesus was speaking to him?
This strikes me the same as when John says, I was in the Spirit on the Lords day and people think he was carefully stating what day of the week he was in the Spirit. I believe he was saying he was taken, in Spirit, to see that great “Day of the Lord” and events that would occur on/in that day.

That’s an interesting question. Have you looked at similar examples in scripture? For example,

”So it shall be when you cross the Jordan, you shall set up on Mount Ebal, these stones, as I am commanding you today, and you shall coat them with lime.”

(Deuteronomy 27:4)

Do you ask, Why would Moses be saying I am commanding you today when the people knew it was today that Moses was commanding them?

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Stun, I have to admit, most of the time I don't understand your train of thought, I have blocked you, but "set you free"
J.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s an interesting question. Have you looked at similar examples in scripture? For example,

”So it shall be when you cross the Jordan, you shall set up on Mount Ebal, these stones, as I am commanding you today, and you shall coat them with lime.”

(Deuteronomy 27:4)

Do you ask, Why would Moses be saying I am commanding you today when the people knew it was today that Moses was commanding them?
Mmm…I don’t see that as the same. But, that’s just how I personally see it.
I see Moses giving them instructions - when you get there, do what I am telling you today.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Mmm…I don’t see that as the same. But, that’s just how I personally see it.

Okay. Thanks. I’m telling you right now, today, that there are also other examples of this manner of speaking in scripture.

Where do you personally see Jesus (and the thief) being later that day?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your point. He was raised after three days. The thief was, in my understanding, risen then and was among the “they saw many of their dead walking around” during the (30 or 40?) days before He was taken out of their sight.

Reactions: Jim B and Matthias

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why is the word TODAY there . We simply do not understand the TIME of GOD .
People wrestle over commas , this and that . I simply just read and enjoy the truth .
GODS timing is not the same as what we call time or know to be as time .
ALL i know is the last moment a lamb draws its breath , its next known experience will be WITH THE KING .
That is enough for me . Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it happened at a…changeover time. The thief was right on that cusp between Jesus alive on earth and Jesus risen after three days and Jesus taken up again after many days.
But I believe NOW, yes, we go to be with Him, although I am seeing I need to search the whole thing out more carefully because…well, I just need to not have a vagueness about it in my mind if possible. I can’t quite fit the first resurrection in with whats in my mind…

Reactions: Matthias

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I would balk at being asleep a long time. I do like to sleep and even more so the older I get!

• Haha
Reactions: Matthias
Status
Not open for further replies.