Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I read is the KJV and have owned a KJV Open Bible for decades. But... Who reads from the KJV these days? If I were to enforce my KJV onlyism on others I would be a rather lonely guy!

Reactions: amadeus and Johann

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words, my friend.

Agreed. The KJV has been discredited and there is no intellectually honest escape.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Just read the Bible you prefer and let others do the same. You can find issues with all of them.

Reactions: rockytopva

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
She refused to engage with me unless I BOUGHT her book.

...always what you are NOT saying....
Are Ellen G. White's Writings Infallible?

By Robert K Sanders

Many Seventh-day Adventists have written to me with the belief that the mistakes made by Ellen G. White (EGW) in her writings such as Bible contradictions, failed visions, and her hypocrisy, were the result of her claim that she was not infallible. Did EGW view her writings as infallible?

Ellen G. White claimed to have the "Words of Eternal Truth". It is a shame that God did not tell Ellen which translation to use when he told her to use the language of Scripture. Perhaps if The Clear Word Bible was in print in her day, that would be the one that God would choose. Right? Those that claim that EGW's words are not infallible do not agree with EGW.

EGW: It has been presented to me that, so far as possible, I am to impart instruction in the language of the Scriptures; for there are those whose spiritual discernment is confused, and when their errors are reproved, they will misinterpret and misapply what I might write, and thus make of none-effect the words of warning that the Lord sends. He desires that the message He sends shall be recognized as the words of eternal truth." —Letter 280; 1906, page 4 (To "My Brethren and Sisters in Denver and Boulder," August 27, 1906); cited in Manuscript Releases Volume Five, page 151; Chapter Title: "Ellen White Comments on Her Work and Inspiration".

The facts are this:

EGW did not claim infallibility for herself.
EGW did claim infallibility for her Testimonies and books.
And even more, EGW considered her writings equal to the prophets and apostles.
She also claimed to have the amazing ability to tell the difference between truth and error which would make what she writes infallible.
SDA Leaders teach that EGW is infallible.

Did Ellen G. White Claim Infallibility For Herself? NO!

“In regard to infallibility, I never claimed it, God alone is infallible. His words is true, and in him is no variableness of turning.” Letter 10. 1895, 1 Selected Messages, p. 37.

Did Ellen G. White Claim Infallibility For the Testimonies? YES!

“Yet, now when I send you a testimony of warning and reproof, many of you declare it to be merely the opinion of Sister White. You thereby insulted the Spirit of God.” Testimonies 5, p.64.

E.G. White is making a claim of infallibility for her Testimonies and anyone that would question them, "thereby insulted the Spirit of God."

“In these letters which I write, in the testimonies I bear, I am presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me. I do not write one article in the paper expressing merely my own ideas. They are what God has opened before me in vision—the precious rays of light shining from the throne.” Testimonies 5, p. 67.

“If you seek to turn aside the counsel of God to suit yourselves, if you lessen the confidence of God’s people in the testimonies He has sent them, you are rebelling against God as were Korah, Dathan, and Abriam.” Testimonies 5, p. 66.

E. G. White compares herself to Moses, when Korah, Dathan, Abriam and others rebelled against the leadership of Moses, God destroyed them (Numbers 16). EGW was always putting the fear of God in those that would rebel against her Testimonies.

Are we really doing the work of the Devil and fighting against God when we see that the Testimonies contradicts the Bible? No. We would be doing the work of the Devil by accepting the Testimonies over the Word of God.

I have to plead guilty, as I "lessen the confidence of God's people in the Testimonies," but I do not plead guilty to rebelling against God for exposing EGW's heresy. A Christian cannot serve two masters at the same time. If you accept what EGW writes which contradicts the Bible as truth, then EGW is your master.

"God does nothing in partnership with Satan. My work for the past thirty years bears the stamp of God or the stamp of the enemy. There is no halfway work in the matter. The Testimonies are of the Spirit of God, or of the devil. In arraying yourself against the servants of God you are doing a work either for God or for the devil.” Testimonies 4, p. 230.

Do me a favor, converse with the other SDA's, not me

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed on other sites that the Seven Day Adventist are allowed and even accepted as moderators. I don't care for the group at all myself and don't mind people speaking out against them. In analyzing my discernments I believe it is due to the fact I do not like one group elevating themselves above the rest over some doctrinal point. In some of these doctrinal points one understands what wars are made of!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear KJV only!!
1f449.png
Are you God? No!
1f449.png
Do you have an authority over me?? No!
1f449.png
Are you forcing me read KJV only! That's called legalism!!
1f449.png
Do I have Freedom of Religion in USA read other Bible versions! Yes! Case closed!
lol are you for real?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have noticed on other sites that the Seven Day Adventist are allowed and even accepted as moderators. I don't care for the group at all myself and don't mind people speaking out against them. In analyzing my discernments I believe it is due to the fact I do not like one group elevating themselves above the rest over some doctrinal point. In some of these doctrinal points one understands what wars are made of!
This is not a comfortable thought, reading this @rockytopva.
If the foundation is wrong, everything else is wrong.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a comfortable thought, reading this @rockytopva.
If the foundation is wrong, everything else is wrong.
There is nothing in the New Testament supporting the Saturday worship. This Sunday worship began with the Apostles and has continued ever since...

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. - Acts 20:7

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There is nothing in the New Testament supporting the Saturday worship. This Sunday worship began with the Apostles and has continued ever since...

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. - Acts 20:7
I am not a SDA brother, to me everyday is a day of worship, not just a Sunday.
SDA's will disagree with you on this point, and quote EGW citations on why it is on Saturday, and not Sunday.

Another reason why I don't go into a debate re days and festivals etc.
Shalom
J.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a SDA brother, to me everyday is a day of worship, not just a Sunday.
SDA's will disagree with you on this point, and quote EGW citations on why it is on Saturday, and not Sunday.

Another reason why I don't go into a debate re days and festivals etc.
Shalom
J.
Everyday is a day of worship? Who Hoo! We agree! Also noting...

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. - Acts 2:46-47

And if I have worried over the last couple of years, it is that the Covid scare has caused the people to abandon the daily worship that ought take place!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Everyday is a day of worship? Who Hoo! We agree! Also noting...

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. - Acts 2:46-47

And if I have worried over the last couple of years, it is that the Covid scare has caused the people to abandon the daily worship that ought take place!
Powerful scripture quotation, and I fully agree, problem is, until we might "disagree" on other topics, having intense moments of fellowship....understand what I am saying?
J.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it have to be one or the other? Just read the Bible you prefer and let others do the same. You can find issues with all of them.
Strawman. A little disingenuous to pretend this thread is about reading *any* translation. It is about people defending KJV-only. And I've answered this numerous times. Genus v species.

1. At the first level of analysis, of course! By all means read the Bible, of any translation.

2. At the next level of analysis, it is wise to read the more accurate, more applicable to your way of talking version. It is common sense that opposes KJV-only thinking. While the first part is debatably in favor of KJV, the 2nd part is a total miss. It's fine to assert the best translation of the Bible is written in Albanian but I don't speak Albanian! :mad:

3. Finally, the KJV-only IDOLATORS do not know the damage they do to the Kingdom of God. It is my testimony that such adamancy kept me from God - reading God's word for decades! (And I'm sure there are millions like me.) Whenever the subject would come up, and I'd give it consideration, the insistence that I have to read an unreadable-to-me translation was the impenetrable wall of separation.

Said differently, obvious IDOLATRY by supposed believers kept me from pursuing the living God.

Where was this wise counsel you suggest now at that time - from KJV-only IDOLATORS to suggest people read the Bible in any translation? It is this experience that garnered my passionate contempt for KJV-only IDOLATORS. (And this especially includes people like yourself, who deny being a KJV-only IDOLATOR - but admit you used to be one - while also writing a 47-paragraph apology. The IDOLATORS would pay lip service to reading any translation but their passion and zealotry was revealed in insisting I have to start with the KJV.) If 'the best' is unreadable, no rational person would begin the study.

And the ongoing condescension from KJV-only IDOLATORS that it is readable, even to a child, to anyone who really wants to understand it makes matters worse. No rational person would want to be part of a body where they are looked down upon. I cannot measure up. I will not measure up to the KJV-only IDOLATOR expectation of accomodation of their IDOL.

On this very forum, I have asked KJV-only IDOLATORS what is more important, to bring people to Jesus or get people to read the KJV. The lack of answer reveals the lie, the hatred for God as demonstrated by the IDOLATRY of KJV, (which violates the 1C & 2C). Our purpose in life is supposed to be to bring people to Jesus, not put obstacles in the way!

I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction.

All of this is a gift from our Creator God ... has given us the same mission, the ministry of reconciliation, to bring others back to Him.
2 Corinthians 5:18

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strawman. A little disingenuous to pretend this thread is about reading *any* translation. It is about people defending KJV-only. And I've answered this numerous times. Genus v species.

1. At the first level of analysis, of course! By all means read the Bible, of any translation.

2. At the next level of analysis, it is wise to read the more accurate, more applicable to your way of talking version. It is common sense that opposes KJV-only thinking. While the first part is debatably in favor of KJV, the 2nd part is a total miss. It's fine to assert the best translation of the Bible is written in Albanian but I don't speak Albanian! :mad:

3. Finally, the KJV-only IDOLATORS do not know the damage they do to the Kingdom of God. It is my testimony that such adamancy kept me from God - reading God's word for decades! (And I'm sure there are millions like me.) Whenever the subject would come up, and I'd give it consideration, the insistence that I have to read an unreadable-to-me translation was the impenetrable wall of separation.

Said differently, obvious IDOLATRY by supposed believers kept me from pursuing the living God.

Where was this wise counsel you suggest now at that time - from KJV-only IDOLATORS to suggest people read the Bible in any translation? It is this experience that garnered my passionate contempt for KJV-only IDOLATORS. (And this especially includes people like yourself, who deny being a KJV-only IDOLATOR - but admit you used to be one - while also writing a 47-paragraph apology. The IDOLATORS would pay lip service to reading any translation but their passion and zealotry was revealed in insisting I have to start with the KJV.) If 'the best' is unreadable, no rational person would begin the study.

And the ongoing condescension from KJV-only IDOLATORS that it is readable, even to a child, to anyone who really wants to understand it makes matters worse. No rational person would want to be part of a body where they are looked down upon. I cannot measure up. I will not measure up to the KJV-only IDOLATOR expectation of accomodation of their IDOL.

On this very forum, I have asked KJV-only IDOLATORS what is more important, to bring people to Jesus or get people to read the KJV. The lack of answer reveals the lie, the hatred for God as demonstrated by the IDOLATRY of KJV, (which violates the 1C & 2C). Our purpose in life is supposed to be to bring people to Jesus, not put obstacles in the way!

I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction.

All of this is a gift from our Creator God ... has given us the same mission, the ministry of reconciliation, to bring others back to Him.
2 Corinthians 5:18
I find you to be very much like them . You are as opposed to the KJV as they are to any other version. Non Christians must look at these threads and say I want no part of that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear KJV only!!
1f449.png
Are you God? No!
1f449.png
Do you have an authority over me?? No!
1f449.png
Are you forcing me read KJV only! That's called legalism!!
1f449.png
Do I have Freedom of Religion in USA read other Bible versions! Yes! Case closed!
Case closed.

The only thing I can say is that king James is worded in a way that is very cool; but it’s not a word perfect translation. And I like that; other than that you can use any version of the Bible you want to, in my opinion that goes for the new living translation.

Thanks dickens.

Reactions: RLT63

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find you to be very much like them . You are as opposed to the KJV as they are to any other version. Non Christians must look at these threads and say I want no part of that.
So be it.

Too bad you were unable to respond, 'Thanks W, you definitely answered my question.' And leave your commentary out.

I've said to KJV-only IDOLATORS that if I had to read KJV or not be saved, I would choose not to be saved. No response. It shows the depth of their IDOLATRY. They will not sacrifice it, even if it means saving people.

As for me and my justification, I deny salvation is in parchment. If you don't have eyes to see the difference, so be it!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So be it.

Too bad you were unable to respond, 'Thanks W, you definitely answered my question.' And leave your commentary out.

I've said to KJV-only IDOLATORS that if I had to read KJV or not be saved, I would choose not to be saved. No response. It shows the depth of their IDOLATRY. They will not sacrifice it, even if it means saving people.

As for me and my justification, I deny salvation is in parchment. If you don't have eyes to see the difference, so be it!
By all means read the version you understand but let others have the freedom to do the same. And you’re one to talk about commentary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.