Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you consider copyists errors issues?

Answer the question:

Would you lose your life over a book with “issues”/“copyist errors” in it?

There is a perfect reliable Bible. I’m not the one imputing “issues” to the word of God, others like yourself are…

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer the question:

Would you lose your life over a book with “issues”/“copyist errors” in it?

There is a perfect reliable Bible. I’m not the one imputing “issues” to the word of God, others like yourself are…
I agree there are reliable Bibles but perfect only applies to the original texts that we don’t have anymore.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would die rather than deny my faith in Jesus, I don’t know how the Bible would be in contention

But wait a minute…

Isn’t everything you “know” about Jesus from an “imperfect” book with “errors”?

How can you have faith in someone you only heard about in a book with “errors”?

:contemplate:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could pick any word in the King James Bible, and I can find it in modern English print. I even have a whole book documenting this.
"mayest", "thou", "believest", "unto" "havock", "beforetime", "beholding", "unto", "whomsoever", "thy", "hast", "iniquity", "spake", "Esaias", "thither" "speaketh", "doth"

All of these words are found in a chapter of Acts selected at random (chapter 8). None of these words are found in modern English! They are all obsolete.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"mayest", "thou", "believest", "unto" "havock", "beforetime", "beholding", "unto", "whomsoever", "thy", "hast", "iniquity", "spake", "Esaias", "thither" "speaketh", "doth"

All of these words are found in a chapter of Acts selected at random (chapter 8). None of these words are found in modern English! They are all obsolete.

How about these words:

και ευθεως συνηχθησαν πολλοι ωστε μηκετι χωρειν

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
use what version you want i use kjv MY CHOICE GET IT ?
Fine. It's your choice. I prefer the NRSVue, the NET, and the NIV. I don't really care which version you prefer, as long as you don't claim that your preference is THE word of God.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Jim B

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve actually liked and got some help out of some of the things Ellen White wrote. I’m quite able to read a man or woman and grab what I see is true and that helps me and forgive them what I think they have wrong and what I don’t think I see in scripture. I think the only thing that would make me not give a man my ear at ALL would be if he tried to demagnify Jesus in some way. They are human you know. And Ellen wasn’t writing scripture you know.
Ive also got help from some dusty old Catholic writings. Once again, I might skip over a place or two where I found No help or thought they were wrong. But I wasnt there to pounce on mistakes of men as if they must be perfect in understanding. I wasn’t starting with a denominational package and looking for where they didn’t match it so I could beat on them. I was just looking for helps along my journey.

But you know, some people don't want to hear your opinion. They want to hear their opinion come out of your mouth.
I don’t know where I read that so unfortunately I can’t quote a name.

edit: sorry I didn’t quote the post from pages back I was referencing. Thought I was reading the last post of the thread. Oops.

edit AGAIN: Nope, I see I posted in the wrong head…getting old, it’s not for sissies.

Carry on folks. :jest:

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
... but if it is error, isn't it better to know now?, and to go from this moment forward with something better, and true?
Can you apply that to yourself? What if it’s you who have been led into error...what then?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine. It's your choice. I prefer the NRSVue, the NET, and the NIV. I don't really care which version you prefer, as long as you don't claim that your preference is THE word of God.
no BODY is holding a gun to your head making you use KJV . its a choice your ranting and carrying on about nothing that matters to a hill of beans

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Esaias is a name, and is spelled that way in koine Greek ("ησαιας", Matthew 15:7; Mark 7:6). It's a transliteration into English. That's not archaic, that's transliteration of koine Greek. What deception to attempt to sneak that into the 'archaism' list. This is what always occurs with those who attack the KJB for 'archaisms' They have to cheat, and fatten the list with things that do not belong in the conversation The name "Esaias" is quoted presently, all over the world, simply citing the Bible.

The names is even modern spelling for some persons names - "Israeli officials stand next to a Hawk system in Jericho in 1993. Photo: Esaias Baitel/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images" - U.S. asked Israel for its Hawk missiles to send to Ukraine

"Rhodri Howell of E Esaias & Son Funeral Directors, 39 Bridge Street, Kenfig Hill, Bridgend, CF33 6DB. Tel 01656 740491" - (2023) - The latest death notices across the Valleys and Bridgend

You also wrote "unto" twice. nothing like 'padding' the score, is there, eh?

You are a deceiver, and deceived.

"thou" - MOVIE - "O brother, Where art thou?" - O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) - IMDb

"thou" and "mayest" - Article, "Thou Mayest" January 25, 2023 / Well-Read Mom / No Comments - Thou Mayest - Well-Read Mom

"mayest" - "Next time you are on the slope staring at the sunset, remember to read the words of wisdom that you sit on. When you enter the Sesquicentennial Grove, remember those words inscribed on the Eddy Street Gate, “So enter that daily thou mayest become more learned and thoughtful. So depart that thou mayest become more useful to thy country and mankind.”" January 21, 2023 By Armand Chancellor - The small beauties: The sublime splendor of the Sesquicentennial Grove - The Cornell Review

"mayest" - "Foodie Find: Mission Taco, Thou Mayest Collab Benefits Giving Grove" - 3 weeks ago, 20023, Emily Park - Foodie Find: Mission Taco, Thou Mayest Collab Benefits Giving Grove - In Kansas City

There's even a Coffee shop named "Thou mayest" - Contact Us | Thou Mayest Coffee Roasters

It's even used in Video Games, today - "A warning is engraved within; "Whoever thou mayest be, take not the ring from this place, the solitude beyond the night is better mine alone."" - Elden Ring - Dark Moon Ring | Elden Ring Wiki

"believest" still used in modern poetry (from late 1800 to today) - Poems containing the term: believest

"believest" still used in modern religions music, and other music - Fred Hammond - We're Blessed Lyrics | AZLyrics.com

"believest" - Foxe's Book of Martyrs 1844 ed. - Fox's Book of Martyrs

"believest" - Acts and Monuments 1877 - The Acts and Monuments of John Foxe

"believest" - "Let the greatest part of the news news thou hearest be the least part of what what thou believest. lest the greater of what thou believest be the least part of what is true." - 1909 - The Telegraph-Herald

"believest" - "When in God thou believest, near God thou wilt certainly be." - C. G. Leland - 1961 - Times Daily

"believest" - "thou believest, lest the greater part of what thou believest be the least part of what is true. With your help, we can make the elephant pass through the eye of a needle." - 1970 - The Day

"believest" - "She has.- also seen it, she believest with cubs.' - 1980 - The Glasgow Herald

"believest" - ""You're a batch of good spots, believest ye me Maybe sobtime we'll all do it once more for the gypper, ..." - 1984 - Reading Eagle

"believest" - a work of fiction, 2019 - https://books.google.as/books?id=WT...hDoAXoECB0QAw#v=onepage&q="believest"&f=false

"believest" script font, for documents (2023) - https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/believest-script/

There are even such words in modern "Rap" - https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/biblical-references-in-rap-and-hip-hop

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"havock" in modern day Rap music - Luniz - Pimps, Playas & Hustlas Lyrics | AZLyrics.com

"havock" in lyrics, modern - Lyrics containing the term: havock

"Havock" is even the name of a racing Horse (Jun 12, 2018), in sports - Havock (IRE) | Horse Profile | Sky Sports Horse Racing

"unto" in poetry and musical lyrics - Poems containing the term: unto

like "Look unto the East" by Johnny Cash - All Search Results - unto

"unto" in the news - "“Seditious Conspiracy”: Trying to Do Unto Government as Government Does Unto You" - "Seditious Conspiracy": Trying to Do Unto Government as Government Does Unto You

"unto" - "How to beat the price-hiking broadband providers that are a rule unto themselves " - 2023 - How to beat the price-hiking broadband providers that are a rule unto themselves

"beforetime" - "According in contemplation of the bellyaching, the officers illegally searched the girlhood dress’s uterus in contemplation of gird his rapprochement beforetime apologizing and letting inner man fall asleep." - 2 Weeks ago, 2023 - Toronto polyhistor sues security force outrageously go at and racial profiling » RZ Law

"beforetime" used in puzzles - "Instructed The Beforetime Misfits To Get Into Cryopods Just Before The Great White Crossword Clue" - Instructed The Beforetime Misfits To Get Into Cryopods Just Before The Great White Crossword Clue

"beforetime" - "In the beforetime" - 2022 - Instructed The Beforetime Misfits To Get Into Cryopods Just Before The Great White Crossword Clue

"beforetime" - used in recent weddings - 2 Weeks ago 2023 - “I went to them beforetime, and asked for permission and blessing to marry their daughter,” recounted the elated bridegroom. “And they answered in the affirmative.”" - Love Stories: Passionate love letters led to a relationship, a proposal, an engagement and wedding – with two surprise guests. Meet Marisa and Michael.

"beholding" - Jan 5, 2023 - "How sustainable clothing is beholding the future of the kids wear industry" - https://www.financialexpress.com/li...the-future-of-the-kids-wear-industry/2937730/

"beholding" - "uperior intelligence, beholding all passions of men without experiencing any of them, expected of them" - Jan 21 ,2023 -https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/judges-must-pass-dispassionate-orders-hc-472489

"beholding" - "Whatever happened to Brendan Fraser? He was ubiquitous in his Mummy heyday, a wide-eyed hero piled with muscle, who, as a GQ profile put it in 2018, “had the unique quality of a man beholding the world for the first time”." 2023 - Brendan Fraser felt he didn’t belong. Now he’s in line for an Oscar

"whomsoever" - "But at least as important is the author’s ability to make an instant connection with virtually any human being whomsoever.”" - Jan 18, 2023 - Jonathan Raban, travel writer and novelist, dies aged 80

"whomsoever" - "'Go complain to whomsoever you want'" - Jan. 21, 2023 - Mumbai: Errant cabbies don't even fear police chief, refuse short rides even from outside Commissioner's office

"whomsoever" - "This is the reason that whomsoever comes in power in Islamabad, is always reluctant to point a finger at these military commercial activities." - Jan. 23, 2023 - https://www.india.com/opinion/decoding-pakistan-biggest-business-conglomerate-pakistan-army-5865802/

"thy" - "For Thy Great Pain Have Mercy on My Little Pain by Victoria MacKenzie – review " - Jan, 2023 - https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...n-my-little-pain-by-victoria-mackenzie-review

"thy" - "we’re looking at you, Chris Lile, and thy incredibly heartfelt “Shower Singing.”" - Jan. 28, 2023 - https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/get-thee-to-the-follies/

"thy" - "Don't be a mi-Xur, spend with thy Xur!" - Jan, 2023 - https://www.ign.com/articles/destin...y-location-and-exotic-items-for-january-27-31

"hast" - "the opening lines of an aria have rung out: "What power art thou, who from below / Hast made me rise unwillingly and slow / From beds of everlasting snow?" 2023 - https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...t-picture-winners-nominees-how-to-watch-2020s

"hast"- ""It all hast to run through the city Council," she said." Yesterday, 11:58, 2023 - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...ampaign-to-reduce-traffic-crashes/ar-AA16MH5w

"hast" - "Who hast the best ATS record in the NFL this year? " - 2023 - https://www.gamingtoday.com/news/ca...im-1500-bonus-bet-saturday-nfl-playoff-games/

Status
Not open for further replies.