Help Wanted - Luke 15:7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is Heaven (3rd)?
Have some sort of issue with me? Why are you even asking a question that has NOTHING at all to do with this thread? Not to mention the whacked out one you sent me yesterday. Aliens on other planets, okay...like I would even give that a thought at this time. Far as I know, you and I have not had any issues but sure seems you are trying to bait me. And, I do not have to answer your questions to prove a thing.
I will be pray8ing for you.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UH , UM . me thinks you said it best sister
Cause something REALLY DONT Seem RIGHT about that statment ya clicked on . I bet ya know what i mean too .
WE sticking to the bible sister . YES we are . Now leap up and praise the glorious LORD .

Ha! You and I are in total agreement my brother!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sweet! Then we shall do more of the same as the verses come along in my studies.

Great job, everyone! No one berated or belittled those with differing ideas. We need to listen and consider what others say. And if we can do that without hurting each other's feelings . . . well, now we're on to something good! :)

Hip Hip Hooray! lol. Yes, let's all listen and consider things that we have set in cement. Amen!

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But . . . that's what I'm doing. I don't get it. You want me to examine the commentaries of humans who disagree with each other? Do you honestly believe that commentary from humans is Scripture? If so . . . Okie Doke, but I sure do not. And, I never will.

If you don't like what I had to say about commentaries, then you certainly won't like what I say next. If a person goes to Bible College, that's a fantastic place to learn apostasy. I'd NEVER attend (pay) a Bible college unless it taught the Doctrine of Circumcision . . . and what Bible college teaches that . . . let alone any church?

And as you have warned me, I know that you won't mind that I warn you to be careful of your judgments of your "brothers and sisters." We just might know what we're talking about. Now, I could care less if you falsely judge me . . . but . . . my Father in Heaven doesn't like it so much. And I'll let Him deal with those who falsely judge me.

Thanks for letting me have it! :)

You know Spurgeon never attended seminary? He was ushered with another student into the wrong room by a janitor, and after sitting there just the two of them, they decided to leave. Spurgeon never went back but the other fellow he was with did. So, it is man teaching man. You and I both know the rudimentary beginnings of Christianity and I KNOW that we both check out the scriptures when, especially when someone is trying to "teach" us off the wall stuff that is not even in the Word of God. So, we may need a preacher to guide us as we learn but then, we depend more so on the leading of the Holy Spirit when alone with His word.
Amen, Praise God and bless you!

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What????? Nancy doesn't believe in aliens from other planets???? No way! :)
And, even if there were other "people" on other planets I'd have to say, it is not our business when it comes to who Jesus died for and who was created in Gods image :)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know Spurgeon never attended seminary? He was ushered with another student into the wrong room by a janitor, and after sitting there just the two of them, they decided to leave. Spurgeon never went back but the other fellow he was with did. So, it is man teaching man. You and I both know the rudimentary beginnings of Christianity and I KNOW that we both check out the scriptures when, especially when someone is trying to "teach" us off the wall stuff that is not even in the Word of God. So, we may need a preacher to guide us as we learn but then, we depend more so on the leading of the Holy Spirit when alone with His word.
Amen, Praise God and bless you!

First, I don't think that I said in my OP that I NEVER read commentary. I do, but only upon rare occasion. I would rather turn to my "brothers and sisters" here for that talk. Why go to a book when I have all of you? I would much, much rather spend my time interacting with each and every one of you, rather than page 835 of a book . . . that I can never have a discussion with.

Second, I didn't begin to understand God's Holy Word until I stopped listening to men, and began depending upon the Holy Spirit . . . which is precisely what the Old and New Testaments speak clearly about. This is why I don't get excited about the opinions of others (about me). The fact that humans can't even paraphrase me correctly, though I am RIGHT HERE, proves that even commentators cannot translate perfectly all the time, either.

1 Corinthians 2:13 NIV - "This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words."

1 Thessalonians 4:9 WEB - "But concerning brotherly love ye need not that I write to you: for ye yourselves are taught by God to love one another."

Reactions: Nancy

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

Here's the OT passage that I was looking for, where "men" will no longer need to teach "men." Great verse!

Jeremiah 31:33-34 RSV - "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

By the way, as does nearly all of Scripture, the above points directly to Colossians 2:9-15 . . . the utter Core of the Bible! Love this Bible of ours (regardless of the Translation).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - I've never heard that before. Outstanding!

"24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”

But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
Genesis 32: 24-26

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”

But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
Genesis 32: 24-26

Yes, yes. I know the story, I just haven't heard it turned into the joke that you gave us "don't get our hips out of joint!" haha

Reactions: Nancy