Help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you know that I'm continuing to pray for you! Sounds like you and I were under it around the same time on Sunday. All I know is that the devil was hitting me pretty hard, and our faithful God delivered me from his clutches!

I don't know if you've ever seen the Warfare Prayer, but it has been an immense help to me. It's based on scripture, and therefore, is powerful. Hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!

Here's a link: Spiritual Warfare Prayer | Cru

Thank you for that PW,
I read some of the article and, it is awesome. I will save it to my computer and read it often. I do find that when I praise Him through a storm, fear dissipates ❤ Sunday, unfortunately, it took me all day to get on my face before Him...I'm still telling Him how sorry I am that I totally grieved His beautiful Spirit :( so good to know how faithful He is to forgive us when we repent. He is the God of ALL comfort.
God bless you sister and, thank you so much!
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks Nancy ,
I did send you an email when you posted this thread - just wanted you to know I was there privately as well as here. Yes, we could do a study, but I think I would prefer a private one as so many threads get ruined on here. I will be okay, my heart is just ' feeling ' the pain today, Dan is actually having a good day - a card from my oldest son to Dan just made us both laugh so much , which is good therapy on a bad day.
I work with many people who ' seem ' okay and confident, but I am pretty sure many feel like misfits !
The world is cruel , but then we know why it is that way and actually not fitting in is not a bad thing ( so that side of it doesn't bother me On one level ) It's accepting myself , it's not as if I am young and need to conform. These bad days have many layers, like our emotions, and sometimes it's like trying to unravel a piece of string that has loads of knots in it !
Rita

"I work with many people who ' seem ' okay and confident, but I am pretty sure many feel like misfits !" "It's accepting myself , it's not as if I am young and need to conform. "
Great way of looking at it Rita. I know Satan has hold of these people and uses them to stick us in our weakest areas...it is not easy to pray for those who "persecute" us yet, it is what we are to do.
Oh boy do these days have many bad layers, for sure...like an onion. We're going to be fine...just need to be so much more aware of the wiles of the evil one so as not to give him an opening. I'm going to see what good bible study books are out there. @Prayer Warrior sent an awesome spiritual warfare prayer to me, it is above a few posts, check it out! I have not read the whole thing, much less checked all those scriptures out yet. Let me know what you think! BTW- so good to hear that Dan had a good day, also that you had some healing laughter over the card his brother sent :)
xo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for that PW,
I read some of the article and, it is awesome. I will save it to my computer and read it often. I do find that when I praise Him through a storm, fear dissipates ❤ Sunday, unfortunately, it took me all day to get on my face before Him...I'm still telling Him how sorry I am that I totally grieved His beautiful Spirit :( so good to know how faithful He is to forgive us when we repent. He is the God of ALL comfort.
God bless you sister and, thank you so much!
xo
He is so merciful and faithful to deliver us! Not because we deserve it, but because He loves us so much. You are His precious daughter, Nancy. I have no doubt that His everlasting arms were undergirding you on Sunday even if you were not aware of them. I pray that you will continue to recover from this attack of the enemy and that you will FEEL His strong arms holding you.

Reactions: JohnPaul and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is so merciful and faithful to deliver us! Not because we deserve it, but because He loves us so much. You are His precious daughter, Nancy. I have no doubt that His everlasting arms were undergirding you on Sunday even if you were not aware of them. I pray that you will continue to recover from this attack of the enemy and that you will FEEL His strong arms holding you.

You are very kind, Prayer Warrior and I thank you so much. Yes, He is crazy faithful! And, even while going through that, I still knew He was there...even through my spoken doubts and the spiritual anguish! I am back to myself now, only stronger and MUCH more aware of Satan's coming attacks...it seems always to be the same area! Comes through depression, so...I've decided that from now on, no matter the weather, when I feel the darkness come over me, I will get up immediately and drive to a quiet place to praise God and pray fervently. Satan has taken most of my life, and I let him. NO MORE! The Armor of God will never be taken off...I'll sleep in it!
In His Name always,
nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are very kind, Prayer Warrior and I thank you so much. Yes, He is crazy faithful! And, even while going through that, I still knew He was there...even through my spoken doubts and the spiritual anguish! I am back to myself now, only stronger and MUCH more aware of Satan's coming attacks...it seems always to be the same area! Comes through depression, so...I've decided that from now on, no matter the weather, when I feel the darkness come over me, I will get up immediately and drive to a quiet place to praise God and pray fervently. Satan has taken most of my life, and I let him. NO MORE! The Armor of God will never be taken off...I'll sleep in it!
In His Name always,
nancy

I had no idea that you've struggled so much. I was given the Warfare Prayer by a pastor's wife when I was in college. I dealt with debilitating depression and doubts about my salvation. I was a brand new Christian, so this was very difficult.

So many times when I asked for prayer about these doubts, a well-meaning Christian would have me pray the prayer of salvation again. I was already saved, so this only added to my doubts. A friend told me that my pastor's wife had dealt with similar doubts, so I decided to talk to her. When I told her what I was experiencing, she looked me in the eye and said, "That's the devil!" She handed a copy of the prayer and told me to pray it every day. I prayed that prayer every time the devil hit me with fear and doubt!

It took some time, but those doubts went, and I have never been plagued with them again. I believe that God will use this prayer in your life to give you true deliverance from the dark attacks of depression. This is my earnest prayer for you!

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl
B

Butterfly

C. S. Lewis has led many evangelical Christians down the garden path.

He was more or less a pretender, who believed in Purgatory, praying for the dead, praying to the saints and Mary, etc.

As for J. K. Rowlings, one has to wonder if she is not a crypto-witch. Looks like Britain produces more than its fair share of false pretenders. And then we have the Church of England itself going totally off the rails.
I can honestly say that I never felt led down a garden path with C S Lewis, and purgatory, praying for the dead ect was never a part of any of his books that I have read - as for Britain producing It's fair share of pretenders, yes, but every country will have its fair share - people in glass houses .........
Yes the Church of England is off the rails, although I am not sure it was ever ' on the rails ' in the first place !!
Then again every country has churches that have gone off the rails, once again people in glass houses ........
Rita xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can honestly say that I never felt led down a garden path with C S Lewis, and purgatory, praying for the dead ect was never a part of any of his books that I have read - as for Britain producing It's fair share of pretenders, yes, but every country will have its fair share - people in glass houses .........
Yes the Church of England is off the rails, although I am not sure it was ever ' on the rails ' in the first place !!
Then again every country has churches that have gone off the rails, once again people in glass houses ........
Rita xx
How is Mr Johnson doing over there in Britain?

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy.....the fact that you were angry with God had me laughing lol. You sound like me. Or you remind me of me lol. I have argued with our Lord many times!!! Guess who won the argument? I'll let you figure it out! The Lord Loves me So much, and Guess what? He Loves you just as MUCH!!! Doesn't matter how angry we get, he is a GREAT LISTENER!!!!! Still loves us just as much. I'll tell you a SECRET....Whether we Praise him are Argue with him, he just loves that we are communicating with him.

"The Lord's Love is beyond all Human Comprehension!"

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It might be hard for some to figure what is going on, from a distance... :)
It's hard to figure out what's going on from closer to as well. I've never known Parliament to be in such turmoil. BJ wants to get us out of the EU in accordance with the referendum results but most MPs seem to be determined to keep us in. Who knows what will happen next.

Reactions: Butterfly and Helen

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
Praying to Almighty God who knows and understands us more than we ourselves. Asking Him to make known His will to you and to get you out of quandary and to protect you from satanic attacks.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying to Almighty God who knows and understands us more than we ourselves. Asking Him to make known His will to you and to get you out of quandary and to protect you from satanic attacks.

Thank you and God bless you for your prayers...I am back on steady ground- thanks to ALL of your prayers on here and, am the better for it as it just makes me more aware of the openings we allow Satan to slip in.
Thanks so much,
nancy

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul Hope the job is going better now...
Thank you Farouk, it is causing me some anxiety as there are a lot of things still to learn, a lot of computer stuff, I haven't used a computer at work for about 7 years now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you Farouk, it is causing me some anxiety as there are a lot of things still to learn, a lot of computer stuff, I haven't used a computer at work for about 7 years now.
YW; I too had problems with computers at first - nearly drove me round the bend - but I've gotten the hang of them now; basically, anyway...

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YW; I too had problems with computers at first - nearly drove me round the bend - but I've gotten the hang of them now; basically, anyway...
I told sister Nancy on her thread here, that I'm not in dark places anymore, well this weekend was pretty dark, I feel like I got myself in over my head with this job, you see Farouk sometimes people don't have patience to train you, or run out of patience, they might be thinking this guy has 30 years experience in the industry he should know this by now. Truth is I've never really done this sort of stuff I'm being trained for now.

I've only been at this job for about a month.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I told sister Nancy on her thread here, that I'm not in dark places anymore, well this weekend was pretty dark, I feel like I got myself in over my head with this job, you see Farouk sometimes people don't have patience to train you, or run out of patience, they might be thinking this guy has 30 years experience in the industry he should know this by now. Truth is I've never really done this sort of stuff I'm being trained for now.
Well, I guess it's all good experience. Philippians is partly about retaining joy while we go through unpleasant experiences.