Help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven Narnia books are well worth reading Nancy. They used to be my 'go-to' books when I felt low and I've learned many lessons from them. xx

Thank you Pat...I certainly will be ordering all of them...probably used from Amazon but, that is just fine...I can't wait to read them. I do so love C.S.Lewis. Have you ever seen his story "Shadowland"? Anthony Hopkins plays C.S.
xo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Pat...I certainly will be ordering all of them...probably used from Amazon but, that is just fine...I can't wait to read them. I do so love C.S.Lewis. Have you ever seen his story "Shadowland"? Anthony Hopkins plays C.S.
xo
Try ThriftBooks Many of their used books are only $3.99.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
xo
Yes I have seen that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven Narnia books are well worth reading Nancy. They used to be my 'go-to' books when I felt low and I've learned many lessons from them. xx

Hi Pat,
I just placed the whole 7 book volume on order at Thrift Books, Willie T. told me about it and, I got 15 % off the price of a hardcover, with all 7 books in it. Looking very forward to reading them. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pat,
I just placed the whole 7 book volume on order at Thrift Books, Willie T. told me about it and, I got 15 % off the price of a hardcover, with all 7 books in it. Looking very forward to reading them. :)
I started off with seven different books that I collected secondhand from various places but now I have a boxed set of paperbacks. I bought them for my grandkids but they aren't interested. They prefer Harry Potter. I've not read them for a while so maybe I'll start again.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of them, thanks Willie...I will do that right now!
I have bought at least a dozen books from them, and the worst I ever got was one with a lot of penciled underlining that I spent about a half hour erasing. Often times, the shipping is free if you exceed a certain total price... I think it is only $10.

Reactions: Helen

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh gosh, I love you guys so much...you cannot know how much all of your prayers have meant to me...they pulled me out of a very deep and dark dungeon. I thank God for all of you, my true family. I can't express my gratitude as there are no words in the human vocabulary to do so. Thank you John Paul and God bless you abundantly for your prayers and concern...my heart is so up lifted and my prayers for all of you will never stop. This is my family!
Love in His powerful and Holy name,
nancy
I feel the same way about Christianity Board and the people here, I’m so happy you feel better Nancy, I’ve been in many of dark places myself, but no more.

If you ever need to chat, just PM me.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen Pat... Every one of them is so different and the 'types and shadows' that are represented are beautiful...( for those who have eyes to see)
"The Horse And His Boy" was my least favourite ...Just as in the book of Esther , I couldn't see God in it at all...until my old dad said it was his favourite and pointed out all the spiritual truths. I haven't read the set for a long time, I must pull them out again.

* Has anyone read - Andrew Farley's "Relaxing With God"? Its only 107 pages and very easy reading. ( I can only do a page a day at the moment)
I had never heard of it or him.... My daughter brought it up for me this week...it is helping to dig me out the the pit I have fallen into. (disappointment and self pity :oops:)

I see all his other books shown at the back, they look just as good...I want them all! haha!

Blessing upon all....H x

Last edited:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
We all have dark days, Nancy, and it can be difficult to know the right thing to say to those in the midst of them. Yes, you will be in my prayers, as you are in those of many here.
But, I would also say, don't doubt God. You may not see, hear or feel him, but his wisdom, grace and love are more than our doubts, fears and mistakes. He is more than able to take whatever we do, or whatever mire we're struggling through, and turn it to our good.
The hardest thing I struggle with, and it's a daily struggle, is that 'our good' may not actually lead to better days, just a state of being more reliant upon Christ. Of more in love with Christ. I cling to Romans 8:18: "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed in us."
Life IS hard. It can feel we are stumbling through a maze of fog, bumping into razor rocks. But Paul tells us that compared to what we have in Christ and what he has prepared for us, it is all worth it! Consider that for a moment, especially when things are so dark you can't imagine they can get worse....they are not even worthy of consideration in comparision to what is coming! Oh...the comfort that gives me. It should comfort us all. Paul encourages us to set our shoulders, hold our heads high and trust. Trust in the one who suffered first. He went through the dark, foggy days or razor rocks first. And he emerged from it so we could as well. I don't know about you, but that is a God that I not only trust, but I respect and love. And even when I feel alone, depressed, overwhelmed, bone-crushingly weary, I keep that firmly in mind. This....this will not be forever. This is not what Christ has for me, or you, forever. And we are not alone in our struggles. We have brothers and sisters who struggle too and a Saviour who can sympathise. Because yes...sometimes following God leads us to situations that hurt. It lead Christ to a cross. But we know the why of that, and the wonderful gift that came from it. God wants what is best for you. And sometimes that may be to lead you to a place where you have nowhere left to turn but him. I don't really know you or the situation, but I know our God. He is worthy of trust and praise. You won't ever be disappointed or let down if you follow him. It probably won't be easy...I don't know that he ever promises that. But that's not the point. The best thing for us to be closer to him and more like his son. Sometimes that comes through hardship.
Stay strong, keep your heart soft and call out to the one who listens. And us...we're here!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have dark days, Nancy, and it can be difficult to know the right thing to say to those in the midst of them. Yes, you will be in my prayers, as you are in those of many here.
But, I would also say, don't doubt God. You may not see, hear or feel him, but his wisdom, grace and love are more than our doubts, fears and mistakes. He is more than able to take whatever we do, or whatever mire we're struggling through, and turn it to our good.
The hardest thing I struggle with, and it's a daily struggle, is that 'our good' may not actually lead to better days, just a state of being more reliant upon Christ. Of more in love with Christ. I cling to Romans 8:18: "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed in us."
Life IS hard. It can feel we are stumbling through a maze of fog, bumping into razor rocks. But Paul tells us that compared to what we have in Christ and what he has prepared for us, it is all worth it! Consider that for a moment, especially when things are so dark you can't imagine they can get worse....they are not even worthy of consideration in comparision to what is coming! Oh...the comfort that gives me. It should comfort us all. Paul encourages us to set our shoulders, hold our heads high and trust. Trust in the one who suffered first. He went through the dark, foggy days or razor rocks first. And he emerged from it so we could as well. I don't know about you, but that is a God that I not only trust, but I respect and love. And even when I feel alone, depressed, overwhelmed, bone-crushingly weary, I keep that firmly in mind. This....this will not be forever. This is not what Christ has for me, or you, forever. And we are not alone in our struggles. We have brothers and sisters who struggle too and a Saviour who can sympathise. Because yes...sometimes following God leads us to situations that hurt. It lead Christ to a cross. But we know the why of that, and the wonderful gift that came from it. God wants what is best for you. And sometimes that may be to lead you to a place where you have nowhere left to turn but him. I don't really know you or the situation, but I know our God. He is worthy of trust and praise. You won't ever be disappointed or let down if you follow him. It probably won't be easy...I don't know that he ever promises that. But that's not the point. The best thing for us to be closer to him and more like his son. Sometimes that comes through hardship.
Stay strong, keep your heart soft and call out to the one who listens. And us...we're here!

Much gratitude and thanks to you Naomi,
Everything you said is true, yes, for sure! Even though we know He is by our side when we go through the toughest of times-there will always be someone else who is going through even worse. Sat. and Sun. were horrible and the worst part was that I couldn't bring myself to pray - at all! Of course, Sunday night I was on my face begging His forgiveness with lots of tears (can you say headache!) had one till the next day...all from crying out my frustration and anger towards those who ripped me off...yet again and again. Sometimes it seems we take two steps forward and one step back, or 2 or 3! I thought my faith was strong , firm and growing evermore only to find I broke under pressure and got mad at our wonderful Father when He is ALWAYS good, perfectly good. Only wish I weren't so weak so as to praise Him through it all as He is Perfect love, and as Perfect Love casts out fear...I should have been praising Him because fear evaporates in the midst of praise and worship. Thank you for the wise advice and your prayers.
In Christ ALWAYS!
nancy

Reactions: brakelite

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same way about Christianity Board and the people here, I’m so happy you feel better Nancy, I’ve been in many of dark places myself, but no more.

If you ever need to chat, just PM me.

Thanks so much J.P.!

Reactions: JohnPaul
B

brakelite

@Nancy hi. Late I am to this cry of yours for help... So glad however that you are in better spirits today. Nevertheless, be comforted for I also will pray for you. I have been in places such as you describe and for me the only answer was simply to surrender. "Though he shall slay me, yet will I trust Him". I pray that you will find the peace and the assurance you need to carry you through this testing time. God bless.
Brendan.
PS kudos to you for your transparency and humility to call out for help.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Much gratitude and thanks to you Naomi,
Everything you said is true, yes, for sure! Even though we know He is by our side when we go through the toughest of times-there will always be someone else who is going through even worse. Sat. and Sun. were horrible and the worst part was that I couldn't bring myself to pray - at all! Of course, Sunday night I was on my face begging His forgiveness with lots of tears (can you say headache!) had one till the next day...all from crying out my frustration and anger towards those who ripped me off...yet again and again. Sometimes it seems we take two steps forward and one step back, or 2 or 3! I thought my faith was strong , firm and growing evermore only to find I broke under pressure and got mad at our wonderful Father when He is ALWAYS good, perfectly good. Only wish I weren't so weak so as to praise Him through it all as He is Perfect love, and as Perfect Love casts out fear...I should have been praising Him because fear evaporates in the midst of praise and worship. Thank you for the wise advice and your prayers.
In Christ ALWAYS!
nancy

I'm so glad you were able to pray again! People will always let us down, but God can't.

I know people like to say "God will not give us more than we can handle". Which is not really biblically true, I think. I think its more acturate to say "God will not give us more than HE can handle". And he is truly with us every step of the way. After dying for us, why would he then set us adrift?
Stay strong!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so glad you were able to pray again! People will always let us down, but God can't.

I know people like to say "God will not give us more than we can handle". Which is not really biblically true, I think. I think its more acturate to say "God will not give us more than HE can handle". And he is truly with us every step of the way. After dying for us, why would he then set us adrift?
Stay strong!

"I know people like to say "God will not give us more than we can handle". Which is not really biblically true, I think. I think its more acturate to say "God will not give us more than HE can handle".
Very well put Naomi. In our weakness He comes out victorious for us... And, yes, I had a wonderful time in prayer today at the park where, I seem to connect with His Spirit much better than at home. NO distractions at all. Still at the "I'm soooo sorry God"...for my lack in faith this weekend...He is so faithful.
God Bless you in every way and I can't thank you enough for the encouragement and prayers!
In Him Always,
nancy

Reactions: Heart2Soul
B

Butterfly

I think I have taken your place Nancy, kind of fallen down a dark hole. It's Dans birthday today - I am grateful that I still have him, but it lifts so much pain and grief within me, and thinking about a conversation from another thread I realise I feel like a social misfit- I am also tired and achy from work - all adds up I guess xx
I love the Narnia series, but have not read some of them for a very long time. Hope they help you xx
Rita