Help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I have taken your place Nancy, kind of fallen down a dark hole. It's Dans birthday today - I am grateful that I still have him, but it lifts so much pain and grief within me, and thinking about a conversation from another thread I realise I feel like a social misfit- I am also tired and achy from work - all adds up I guess xx
I love the Narnia series, but have not read some of them for a very long time. Hope they help you xx
Rita
Psalm 46 is a strength to the believer under pressure...

(So did you read the CSLewis books in the 70s? they were very popular then. I myself never got into them...)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I have taken your place Nancy, kind of fallen down a dark hole. It's Dans birthday today - I am grateful that I still have him, but it lifts so much pain and grief within me, and thinking about a conversation from another thread I realise I feel like a social misfit- I am also tired and achy from work - all adds up I guess xx
I love the Narnia series, but have not read some of them for a very long time. Hope they help you xx
Rita

Hi Rita, I too feel like a social misfit, this new job I started is making me a little uneasy and I'm having a hard time trying to fit in, in both the job and with coworkers.

I'm a quiet man who doesn't like attention, or jokes much, I'm starting to think everyone is thinking I'm an oddball and sometimes I feel uncomfortable, I think "what did I get myself into?" then I think "I'm not going to let this get me down, God will get me through this."

I've never been good at fitting, I guess you can say I'm an introvert.

Reactions: Butterfly

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Rita, I too feel like a social misfit, this new job I started is making me a little uneasy and I'm having a hard time trying to fit in, in both the job and with coworkers.

I'm a quiet man who doesn't like attention, or jokes much, I'm starting to think everyone is thinking I'm an oddball and sometimes I feel uncomfortable, I think "what did I get myself into?" then I think "I'm not going to let this get me down, God will get me through this."

Good to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2)...

B

Butterfly

Yes, I can relate as I am also an introvert- although I am sure things will get easier with work as I must admit I ' fit in ' at work now, but when I started I hated it.

Reactions: JohnPaul and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I can relate as I am also an introvert- although I am sure things will get easier with work as I must admit I ' fit in ' at work now, but when I started I hated it.
Sometimes certain routines take a lot of getting used to.

A bit like customs and fashions that change a lot over the years; at first one might might never imagine doing something but one gets used to it in the end.

A job is a job.

Reactions: JohnPaul
B

Butterfly

Psalm 46 is a strength to the believer under pressure...

(So did you read the CSLewis books in the 70s? they were very popular then. I myself never got into them...)
I will look at that psalm xx( thank you )
No, I did not discover the Narnia books , originally, until the 1980's when I came to faith. I have read a few of them in more recent years, following the release of the films. I believe there is another one coming out soon, The silver chair. I keep meaning to read that one and the horse and the boy ( but not sure I understood much of them the first time round )
I was doing a study on the dawntredder, but never finished it - still on my ereader !
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I will look at that psalm xx( thank you )
No, I did not discover the Narnia books , originally, until the 1980's when I came to faith. I have read a few of them in more recent years, following the release of the films. I believe there is another one coming out soon, The silver chair. I keep meaning to read that one and the horse and the boy ( but not sure I understood much of them the first time round )
I was doing a study on the dawntredder, but never finished it - still on my ereader !
Rita
I do find CSLewis an intriguing writer. (Intriguing, but I'm not ultimately attracted to his writings...) Someone even showed me a French version of the Screwtape Letters. I didn't find the English version easy; so I'm sure I wouldn't find the French version more straightforward...

Reactions: Stan B
B

Butterfly

I do find CSLewis an intriguing writer. (Intriguing, but I'm not ultimately attracted to his writings...) Someone even showed me a French version of the Screwtape Letters. I didn't find the English version easy; so I'm sure I wouldn't find the French version more straightforward...
The Screwtape letters is a weird one , it's a good take on the spiritual battle, but for some reason when I read it some years back, it made me feel uneasy. I never did work out why, I read it again more recently and was fine !
' surprised by joy ' was another one that many recommended to me when I came to faith, could not get into it. I read that one a few years ago, but must admit it wasn't a book that inspired me on a deep level- it's testimony, so it's valuable, but for some reason It took me ages to read. ( Books that inspire me I tend to read quickly )
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Screwtape letters is a weird one , it's a good take on the spiritual battle, but for some reason when I read it some years back, it made me feel uneasy. I never did work out why, I read it again more recently and was fine !
' surprised by joy ' was another one that many recommended to me when I came to faith, could not get into it. I read that one a few years ago, but must admit it wasn't a book that inspired me on a deep level- it's testimony, so it's valuable, but for some reason It took me ages to read. ( Books that inspire me I tend to read quickly )
Rita
I found the Screwtape Letters made me uneasy, too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I started off with seven different books that I collected secondhand from various places but now I have a boxed set of paperbacks. I bought them for my grandkids but they aren't interested. They prefer Harry Potter. I've not read them for a while so maybe I'll start again.
Harry Potter has really 'taken off'...

(Apparently J K Rowling was inspired by C S Lewis...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
Hebrews 7.25 is worth meditating on...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure wish we all lived nearer. I'm so sorry about all of the pain and grief my friend. We may be social misfits on this earth, and even within a Church. It makes life very lonely and awkward, makes one not even want to leave the house. My prayer is that our God would reach His loving hand into that deep dark hole and lift you up high. I pray that He would reveal your worth to Him...you are His beautiful daughter that He willingly died for. This world is so cold, so cruel and full of hatred and evil, and that can put us in such darkness when Satan gets a hold of our weaknesses and speaks lie after lie after lie. We lose many battles but, it's the getting back up and remembering the Words God says about us and we KNOW that He never, ever lies or misleads us. I don't know about you but, my guess is you are like me and will seek the "misfits" just to make them more comfortable in their own skin. We can relate to them, they break our hearts as we know how they are feeling. My sibs and I are alike in this manner, all of us and, we have come to the conclusion that we were never well developed socially as kids...rarely did we ever get to visit our cousins, Aunts and Uncles so, we are also misfits there...we are an enigma to them as they always wondered about us. My dad was not well liked so, we kind of figure with that and 7 high strung kids, close in age could have played a part in us not going to visit our relatives. Either way, we have a new family who loves us and are right there when we are suffering. That is huge! We will never ever run out of prayers to be lifted to God, I am sending you hugs Rita from (as Helen would say) across the pond, ha!
Hey! Maybe you and I can do a study on Ephesians 6 together on here. We could get a study book on it and, then discuss via inbox or even Voom! Please feel free to inbox me...take a listen to Lauren Daigles "You Say" on Youtube and listen to the simple words and, I pray that those words will bless you as they did me last summer. We need the reminders now and then, I will listen to what He say's about me because He is so loving and perfect in ALL His ways.
God Bless you much Rita, we will talk later as I must run here. But, will catch up with you later, through inbox. So, hang tight and KNOW that I'm praying for you my NON-misfitted friend and sister :)
Gods Love,
nancy
xo

B

Butterfly

thanks Nancy ,
I did send you an email when you posted this thread - just wanted you to know I was there privately as well as here. Yes, we could do a study, but I think I would prefer a private one as so many threads get ruined on here. I will be okay, my heart is just ' feeling ' the pain today, Dan is actually having a good day - a card from my oldest son to Dan just made us both laugh so much , which is good therapy on a bad day.
I work with many people who ' seem ' okay and confident, but I am pretty sure many feel like misfits !
The world is cruel , but then we know why it is that way and actually not fitting in is not a bad thing ( so that side of it doesn't bother me On one level ) It's accepting myself , it's not as if I am young and need to conform. These bad days have many layers, like our emotions, and sometimes it's like trying to unravel a piece of string that has loads of knots in it !
Rita

Reactions: JohnPaul and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
thanks Nancy ,
I did send you an email when you posted this thread - just wanted you to know I was there privately as well as here. Yes, we could do a study, but I think I would prefer a private one as so many threads get ruined on here. I will be okay, my heart is just ' feeling ' the pain today, Dan is actually having a good day - a card from my oldest son to Dan just made us both laugh so much , which is good therapy on a bad day.
I work with many people who ' seem ' okay and confident, but I am pretty sure many feel like misfits !
The world is cruel , but then we know why it is that way and actually not fitting in is not a bad thing ( so that side of it doesn't bother me On one level ) It's accepting myself , it's not as if I am young and need to conform. These bad days have many layers, like our emotions, and sometimes it's like trying to unravel a piece of string that has loads of knots in it !
Rita
Glad your son is doing better...

Reactions: Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Harry Potter has really 'taken off'...

(Apparently J K Rowling was inspired by C S Lewis...)

Maybe so, maybe not!!! I think not !

She sure was not inspired by the Holy Spirit. She is very dark and had led many many children to look at witchcraft.
There is nothing I can endorse in her books. And the movies are worse.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
Just wanted to let you know that I'm continuing to pray for you! Sounds like you and I were under it around the same time on Sunday. All I know is that the devil was hitting me pretty hard, and our faithful God delivered me from his clutches!

I don't know if you've ever seen the Warfare Prayer, but it has been an immense help to me. It's based on scripture, and therefore, is powerful. Hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!

Here's a link: Spiritual Warfare Prayer | Cru

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do find CSLewis an intriguing writer.
C. S. Lewis has led many evangelical Christians down the garden path.

He was more or less a pretender, who believed in Purgatory, praying for the dead, praying to the saints and Mary, etc.

As for J. K. Rowlings, one has to wonder if she is not a crypto-witch. Looks like Britain produces more than its fair share of false pretenders. And then we have the Church of England itself going totally off the rails.