Help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, so sorry for this late response, had long shifts at work and didn't check out the site last night.
So sorry for the way you are feeling, our emotions and responses to things can lead us to believe so many wrong things about the Lord - remember He does not change or move away. When I have really low days ( and I have many where I ' feel ' lost, distant from God, and so many other things, like a failure ect ect ) I cling onto what I do have faith in- it always takes me back to the cross.
Ephesians 6 is a great chapter, for it does remind us of the real battle.
It's when we are at our lowest that God does his deepest work - but we do not see it until we look back. Xxx
In my thoughts and prayers today xxxx
Rita

Thank you so much my friend and sister,
I actually did read Eph. 6 yesterday. After coming on here to plead for prayer, I got on my face to repent and beg His forgiveness, then went directly to Eph. 6.
It was nothing short of a very intense attack by Satan and, I was weak in the spirit as it was so, he got that foothold. Always seems to be the depression that he goes after with me,
*hugs and prayers for @Nancy *

Thank you Jane! ❤.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
Peace, be still, my sister....for the trials and tribulations in life do come and you must endure the testing of your faith....
Do you know that there has been an attack on the body of Christ the past couple of months like never before? I have seen things I cannot speak of here and it has been an eye opener and a game changer.....You are strong in the Lord and faithful to study His Word....don't let Satan fill your head with such lies as what you said above.....This is the time to DAILY put on the Armor of God for we are in a spiritual battle and so it is very important to stay prayed up and armored up!
I understand your faith is under attack....what kind of faith does it take to endure to the end? Mustard Faith!
Nancy I almost lost all faith in God last year when little Jack drowned, and for 2 weeks I grieved and I would think I need to pray and a voice in my head would say "Why bother, He doesn't answer them anyway"....and for 2 weeks I listened to that voice and my sorrow, became a burden to hard to bear.....at the end of 2 weeks I knew I needed to pray and that voice said "He won't answer your prayer, so save yourself the disappointment"
I stopped in my tracks and I said SATAN YOU'RE a LIAR! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! My God is a mighty God and I will serve Him no matter what....His Will Be Done not mine.....then I just repented and asked His forgiveness and PRAISED HIM!!!!

Job is always a good reminder of how a righteous man suffered great attacks on his family and possessions....but he never cursed God....He didn't understand at first why God allowed all this to happen....but then he made a profound statement.....that thing he feared the most had come upon him.....
But the a key point is made in Job.....Satan was seeking who he may devour and God allowed Job to go through the trials and tribulations to test his faith.
You are a daughter of The Most High God and you were bought with a price and He will accomplish His purpose in you.
Remember your armor....and that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through Him for the pulling down of strongholds.
You are blessed and highly favored and you are an overcomer!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace, be still, my sister....for the trials and tribulations in life do come and you must endure the testing of your faith....
Do you know that there has been an attack on the body of Christ the past couple of months like never before? I have seen things I cannot speak of here and it has been an eye opener and a game changer.....You are strong in the Lord and faithful to study His Word....don't let Satan fill your head with such lies as what you said above.....This is the time to DAILY put on the Armor of God for we are in a spiritual battle and so it is very important to stay prayed up and armored up!
I understand your faith is under attack....what kind of faith does it take to endure to the end? Mustard Faith!
Nancy I almost lost all faith in God last year when little Jack drowned, and for 2 weeks I grieved and I would think I need to pray and a voice in my head would say "Why bother, He doesn't answer them anyway"....and for 2 weeks I listened to that voice and my sorrow, became a burden to hard to bear.....at the end of 2 weeks I knew I needed to pray and that voice said "He won't answer your prayer, so save yourself the disappointment"
I stopped in my tracks and I said SATAN YOU'RE a LIAR! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! My God is a mighty God and I will serve Him no matter what....His Will Be Done not mine.....then I just repented and asked His forgiveness and PRAISED HIM!!!!

Job is always a good reminder of how a righteous man suffered great attacks on his family and possessions....but he never cursed God....He didn't understand at first why God allowed all this to happen....but then he made a profound statement.....that thing he feared the most had come upon him.....
But the a key point is made in Job.....Satan was seeking who he may devour and God allowed Job to go through the trials and tribulations to test his faith.
You are a daughter of The Most High God and you were bought with a price and He will accomplish His purpose in you.
Remember your armor....and that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through Him for the pulling down of strongholds.
You are blessed and highly favored and you are an overcomer!

H2H,
Yes, you are totally correct!
As I was just telling a friend on here, that I'm standing firm today, and deflecting those fiery arrows the moment I feel low and dark. I read something somewhere recently, don't remember who wrote it but, it went something like: "If you spend too much time in the Darkroom, you will only develop negatives" Is that not so true!
And about how much life he has stolen from us throughout the ages! Such loss is hard to take when we see it like it is. But then, it was so cool to hear you bring up Job. I saw just how much "lack" of faith I had yesterday when I thought of, yep - Job. And he was rewarded like 10 fold?
There should be only one single donning of our Armor Of God...sleep in it, eat in it, shop in it...IOW-we should never take it off! Satan doesn't sleep...But then our All Powerful God does not either ❤
My heart hurts for your loss last year @Heart2Soul Your faith is firm and, I know you go to Him for comfort. And your story about how you almost lost your faith, and all the things Satan was LYING to you about is the very same scenario with myself, yesterday. If it weren't for all of the concern and prayers of you all on here...don't even want to put it into words, ha. And about Job, I just remembered saying to myself after God cleaned me off the floor: "how did Job do it"!!! And...yes- a mustard seed :)
Thank you kindly sister and may our God of Comfort be with you always.
In Christ's Love,
nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2H,
Yes, you are totally correct!
As I was just telling a friend on here, that I'm standing firm today, and deflecting those fiery arrows the moment I feel low and dark. I read something somewhere recently, don't remember who wrote it but, it went something like: "If you spend too much time in the Darkroom, you will only develop negatives" Is that not so true!
And about how much life he has stolen from us throughout the ages! Such loss is hard to take when we see it like it is. But then, it was so cool to hear you bring up Job. I saw just how much "lack" of faith I had yesterday when I thought of, yep - Job. And he was rewarded like 10 fold?
There should be only one single donning of our Armor Of God...sleep in it, eat in it, shop in it...IOW-we should never take it off! Satan doesn't sleep...But then our All Powerful God does not either ❤
My heart hurts for your loss last year @Heart2Soul Your faith is firm and, I know you go to Him for comfort. And your story about how you almost lost your faith, and all the things Satan was LYING to you about is the very same scenario with myself, yesterday. If it weren't for all of the concern and prayers of you all on here...don't even want to put it into words, ha. And about Job, I just remembered saying to myself after God cleaned me off the floor: "how did Job do it"!!! And...yes- a mustard seed :)
Thank you kindly sister and may our God of Comfort be with you always.
In Christ's Love,
nancy
I absolutely love what you shared about the darkroom....what a profound truth!
Have you heard from Helen? I am expecting a good report any day now:)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely love what you shared about the darkroom....what a profound truth!
Have you heard from Helen? I am expecting a good report any day now:)

I've not heard from Helen yet for a few days. I do know that she has to wait until Oct. 5th for her 1st adjustment and that she will be getting her glasses in soon. I just hate that she has to wait for so long!
I love that too, about the darkroom! It might have been C.S., or someone he quoted as I've been reading a book of his on and off for a short while.
I too am expecting a good report soon too! Amen!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life Lessons

When you are in a dark room pull back the curtains and let the light in.

Good word Pat!
The dream you had was pretty profound. That is how any of us should handle the fear, un-forgiveness, despair, and so on. GET UP!!! Let His light shine in! And yes, it is very easy to give up and accept our miserableness, lol. Thanks for sharing! I think I will call Helen today to check in on her...
xo

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good word Pat!
The dream you had was pretty profound. That is how any of us should handle the fear, un-forgiveness, despair, and so on. GET UP!!! Let His light shine in! And yes, it is very easy to give up and accept our miserableness, lol. Thanks for sharing! I think I will call Helen today to check in on her...
xo
Give her my love. xx

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey Nancy.

Good talking to you on the phone. ♥︎

Seems where distance and darkness are concerned we are or have been in the same boat. Pity that we don't live in walking distance!!

Neither of us are yet "out of this wood"...and neither of us have any idea what for or why we are going through what we are going through. And with God standing "seemingly" at a distance ( which we know is not true)...it all seems so pointless.

The only verse I have today is from Genesis. 50 19-20

19 "And Joseph said unto them, ( his brothers) Fear not: for am I in the place of God?"
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, ... "

Now I must get off of here...just writing this post has started it off again. :rolleyes:
It's pulling from behind my eyeballs and started my head aching again.

( re-read C.S,. Lewis = "The Horse and His Boy"...God is still with us in so many different ways...we just don't 'see Him' ( or feel Him, as we expect Him to be seen or felt.) x

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it.

Just saw this, I'm praying for you!

Isaiah 57
14 And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
Hi Nancy, we Walter and Deborah and others I'm sure, will be in prayer for your weakness be restored to strength alive in Christ, in The name of Jesus Christ, so that you will be that new creature again to continue in His righteousness. :):)

1 Thessalonians 1:3 3We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our LORD Jesus Christ.

Love always, Walter

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all need to know that I knew I could depend on you all. And, I cannot tell you how much all of your thoughts and prayers mean to me.
Isn't it wonderful how we seem to totally unite when it comes to lifting each other up in prayer and encouragement? That's love to me ❤
Now, we just need to get together on a few other things! :D
God bless you all so much,
Love in Christ,
nancy
While we on this forum may be miles apart on some doctrines, in practice, we're pretty close!

Much love!

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Bless,
nancy
Nancy I felt an ache in my heart when I read this, am praying for you, you know God and his only begotten son Jesus Christ loves you as he does all of us, I have been there and know exactly how you feel, I’m still here on this Earth because of our Lord.

God bless you my dear sister my heart and prayers are with you.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, we Walter and Deborah will be in prayer for your weakness be restored to strength alive in Christ, in The name of Jesus Christ, so that you will be that new creature again to continue in His righteousness. :):)

1 Thessalonians 1:3 3We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our LORD Jesus Christ.

Love always, Walter
Amen

Reactions: amadeus and marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I felt an ache in my heart when I read this, am praying for you, you know God and his only begotten son Jesus Christ loves you as he does all of us, I have been there and know exactly how you feel, I’m still here on this Earth because of our Lord.

God bless you my dear sister my heart and prayers are with you.

Oh gosh, I love you guys so much...you cannot know how much all of your prayers have meant to me...they pulled me out of a very deep and dark dungeon. I thank God for all of you, my true family. I can't express my gratitude as there are no words in the human vocabulary to do so. Thank you John Paul and God bless you abundantly for your prayers and concern...my heart is so up lifted and my prayers for all of you will never stop. This is my family!
Love in His powerful and Holy name,
nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we on this forum may be miles apart on some doctrines, in practice, we're pretty close!

Much love!

Isn't that true ❤ We are in unity in very important ways! And that is a comfort that is matchless, no doctrine, no arguments...we are here for one another and you are all my beautiful brothers and sisters forever! Thank you Mark.
Love in Christ,
nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, we Walter and Deborah and others I'm sure, will be in prayer for your weakness be restored to strength alive in Christ, in The name of Jesus Christ, so that you will be that new creature again to continue in His righteousness. :):)

Love always, Walter

Thank you and Deborah so much. I have been comforted and uplifted very much in the last couple days because of the strength and prayers of you all. He has forgiven me and restored my faith...I am giddy with joy in Him right now and SO grateful for all of you on here! My prayer life has already been restored and, every single one of you have made it happen with your prayers and concern. How powerful we can be when we do as He asks us to do in loving one another.
Love in Him always!
nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saw this, I'm praying for you!

Isaiah 57
14 And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.

Much love!

You are awesome

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Nancy.

Good talking to you on the phone. ♥︎

Seems where distance and darkness are concerned we are or have been in the same boat. Pity that we don't live in walking distance!!

Neither of us are yet "out of this wood"...and neither of us have any idea what for or why we are going through what we are going through. And with God standing "seemingly" at a distance ( which we know is not true)...it all seems so pointless.

The only verse I have today is from Genesis. 50 19-20

19 "And Joseph said unto them, ( his brothers) Fear not: for am I in the place of God?"
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, ... "

Now I must get off of here...just writing this post has started it off again. :rolleyes:
It's pulling from behind my eyeballs and started my head aching again.

( re-read C.S,. Lewis = "The Horse and His Boy"...God is still with us in so many different ways...we just don't 'see Him' ( or feel Him, as we expect Him to be seen or felt.) x

Yes, so good to hear your voice and how I WISH we lived close. I'd be bugging you all the time, lol. But, in a good way my lovely sister. My prayers for you never cease and never will...I will order The Chronicles of Narnia as, it is one of C.S.'s books that I have NOT read...I guess I thought it was a children's book! But, I am now reading his "How To Pray"...many interesting things in there...as usual for him.
Love you dearest sister! Let us build our faith together, amen!!!
Always in His powerful Love,
nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, so good to hear your voice and how I WISH we lived close. I'd be bugging you all the time, lol. But, in a good way my lovely sister. My prayers for you never cease and never will...I will order The Chronicles of Narnia as, it is one of C.S.'s books that I have NOT read...I guess I thought it was a children's book! But, I am now reading his "How To Pray"...many interesting things in there...as usual for him.
Love you dearest sister! Let us build our faith together, amen!!!
Always in His powerful Love,
nancy
The seven Narnia books are well worth reading Nancy. They used to be my 'go-to' books when I felt low and I've learned many lessons from them. xx