Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel really isn’t: be good and do good.
The gospel is: trust Me.
All our ideas of be good and do good are messed up by our fallen self.
From beginning to end, any good He does in us comes through trust.
We aren’t in a race of be good do good, we are in a race of trust.

If I can only touch the hem of His robe I will be healed…is that be good do good, or is it trust?

Lord, I want to see…is that be good do good, or is it trust?

What was God looking for from them in the desert? Was it be good do good, or was it trust?

Are we saved by grace through be good do good, or are we saved by grace through trust(faith)?

Did He say to anyone your be good do good has saved you, or did He say, your trust has saved you?

Did He ever say your be good do good has healed you or did He say your trust has healed you?

When you see the word faith, when you see the word believe, it means trust.

Does it say, when He saw his/her be good do good He was amazed and said, I have never seen such be good do good in all of Israel? No. It says He was amazed when He saw her trust and He said, I have not seen such trust in all of Israel. Why was He amazed at such trust?

Does it say, and He could not do many miracles there because of their lack of be good do good, or does it say He couldn’t do many miracles there because of their lack of trust?

Did Jesus learn the obedience of be good do good from what He suffered, or did He learn the obedience of trust from what He suffered?

Oh, when I want to be good do good, I find that something in me causes me to do the opposite. Oh who will save me from this wretched man.?!

The entire Bible, from beginning to end, screams out, trust Me! Trust Me! DO YOU TRUST ME??

Wow. What a MAGNIFICENT Post ! I don’t do this often, but I’m going to Copy and Save this Inspired Gem .....Thank you so much for this “ wake up call” for those that buy into Satan’s Lie.....” Knowing Right From Wrong ( being good) will make you like God!

It reminds me of the verse—- “ The Man That finds LIFE will find it by TRUSTING GOD!” ....

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said you did, maybe others have but that did not come from me. I was just clearing up the false claims some have made about calvininsts and lumping them all together as a whole. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. Or 1 bad apple spoils the entire bunch concept.

Apologies if their was any confusion on my part, Brother,...I am so behind in answering posts I get in a hurry and don’t concentrate as fully as I should at all times.....I really need to slow down, but as the-originator Of this thread , I feel a bit of an obligation to keep up with things.....too much golf, not enough typing....lol....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil speaks a subtle language....you can eat the fruit, you will not die....you can sin all you want and still go to heaven.
The words are there
Precious blood of Christ
Blessed
Good Shepherd
Grace
Abundant life
glorifies...

But still the message is trying to get people to believe that you can sin all you want and still go to heaven. That heaven is for evildoers. That heaven will be filled with those of poor character and sin.
Do not let the devil deceive you.
Be good and do good.

Satan uses the same lie today that he used in the Garden 6000 years ago—- “ Knowing Right From Wrong” ( being good) will make you like God.....

Satan has never had to change his lie....it’s still working today.....” Do Good and Be Good and that way, you can go to Heaven”....... it’s straight from Hell.....don’t buy into it as some here have....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, BB. Here is a direct link to the article for those who wish to read it. It is fascinating. But it does present a kind of neo-dispensationalism that I find troubling. I've only read about half of the article so far, but it is clear that it teaches two gospels: One of Christ; and one of Paul. I do not believe that Paul improved upon or changed the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He certainly made it more studious and profoundly expanded, but he himself says there is one LORD; one faith; and one baptism (Ephesians 4:5).

And Peter made it clear that to the uninitiated or unconsecrated, Paul's writings could be dangerous (2 Peter 3:16). Let me say that another way to be clear. If one (even one who professes Christ) is not walking closely with Christ, Paul's writings can actually trip them up. Virtually no one on this or any other forum I've been on admits to this possibility. I admit freely that there are parts of Paul's writings that I do not understand. Hard to be understood means hard to be understood. I take all Scripture literally unless a figurative, paradoxical, or symbolic interpretation is suggested by context or other related passages. I believe this is a matter of sound hermeneutics. :)

I thought that Peter said that some of Paul’s writings were “ hard to understand” .....Peter also went on to say that anything that Paul said carried the weight of anything else that was in Scripture....it was ALL God - Breathed..... Paul wrote Nothing that The Holy Spirit did not tell him to write.....If Paul’s writing was “ confusing” or even “dangerous”, God was behind it and that is what He wanted....

Reactions: BarneyFife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fascination:

To influence in an uncontrollable manner; to operate on by some powerful or irresistible charm; to bewitch; to enchant. It has been almost universally believed that . . . serpents can stupefy and fascinate the prey which they are desirous to obtain. Griffith (Cuvier).

That article is garbage.

Be controlled by God in his word, not man and his words.

Lol....glad you enjoyed it.....I fully support your right to be wrong...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8The one who practices sin is of the devil...
9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God
1 John 3:8-10

Wow....powerful words! Makes me glad that I do not practice sin! All the Glory for that belongs to God....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he was not cruel, either. I don't recall him ever shaming and tearing down a person with a mental and emotional disability.

I think it’s cruel to preach a False Gospel That can send people to hell....you ever consider that his “ mental state’ May have involved demons ?

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he was not cruel, either. I don't recall him ever shaming and tearing down a person with a mental and emotional disability.

Satan’s Messengers are too clever and too subtle to be cruel.....they suck you in with their” sweetness” ....I-never hated just-byfaith......I hated his Doctrine ....it’s the same deal I got going with you....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the 'Gospel of Grace that results in Nothing'. No, you're not the first one to come bearing that false gospel, lol. And you're not the first one wanting money for telling it.

The Gospel Of Grace , when properly understood and appropriated in a life will accomplish all the things you work so hard for and fret so much about.....it results into Everything! I should have known that the Joke about the money would be misconstrued by you....your thinking is too shallow to understand much of anything...a sense of humor among the “ Stiff- Necked” is a rare thing...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The strongest faith of all is signified by not sinning, not by what you boast about with your mouth. The sign of strong faith is not sinning. Your doctrine says the sign of strong faith is believing that the blood allows you to purposely languish in sin.

No man had more Faith than David when he went up against Goliath....no man had more despicable sins than David did either.....your Half - baked ideas sound pretty.....they turn out to be Religious Mush that don’t pass the tests of reality...swallow your pride and go get some good Teaching....as usual, you are “ self- Taught” and it shows....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most I run across think saved means to live forever. I think saved means…to have Gods Spirit in you.
[/QUOTE]

If one does NOT have that Spirit,they are “ NONE of His” Having the Holy Spirit within you is how one “ lives forever”......It is the Key to everything .....You get that Spirit in the Age Of Grace That we live in By Believing Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Found In 1Cor15:1-4....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Bible says the promises are for BELIEVING PEOPLE, not unbelieving people. You cease to be the recipient of the promises that God said are for presently believing people:

"By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. " 1 Corinthians 15:2

Hyper Grace theology says Paul is wrong. It says you are saved even if you don't hold firmly to the word of the gospel preached to you.

At least I don't have to convince Hyper Grace people that a true believer can stop believing. They know that. What they need to be convinced of is that Paul is not lying when he said you are saved IF YOU HOLD FIRMLY TO THE WORD OF THE GOSPEL.

And what IS that “ word that I preached to you?”

The word Paul preached was that if you Believed that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead, you will be Saved.....

When Paul says it is by “ THIS GOSPEL” that you are Saved ......That “Gospel” ,and “the Word That he preached” are the Same Thing .....

Believing the Gospel Saves....He is reinforcing the same thought in the same sentence....

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The word Paul preached was that if you Believed that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead, you will be Saved.....

When Paul says it is by “ THIS GOSPEL” that you are Saved ......That “Gospel” ,and “the Word That he preached” are the Same Thing .....

Believing the Gospel Saves....He is reinforcing the same thought in the same sentence....
Just do not do what Adam did.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Trusting God” is the “ good work” that will determine Heaven or Hell....
Living for God is how you can tell if you've done that 'good work' of believing. Hyper Grace theology says that is not true. It says to believe that is to believe the works gospel of the Judaizers. Yes, it's that messed up.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel really isn’t: be good and do good.

Pontius Pilate asked Christ, what is truth. I think that is where you are at with your Christian understanding.
Within the four Gospels and the entirety of the New Testament the message of being good and doing good permeates the scriptures. As well as the punishment of not being good and even not doing good. Should I assume that you have not read the parable of the Sheep and the goats...which gives an outline of doing good and the punishment for not.
The scriptures are full of verses that tell us to be good.
The scriptures are full of verses that tell us to do good for one another.
The scriptures are full of verses that tell us to obey Christ.
The scriptures are full of verses that warn about sins.
The scriptures are full of verses that warn of the punishment for sinning.

The OSAS crowd has to ignore so many scriptures to form their heresy.
As a Christian that follows Christ, I can't imagine the audacity that the OSAS crowd have with just showing no concern for the scriptures. Don't you think Christ is going to ask you about that on Judgment Day. Why do you call me Lord Lord, and do not do what I say? And the scriptures even tell you what is going to happen...
Matthew 7:23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 25:41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Matthew 25:46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
2nd Thessalonians 1:8-9 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
John 5:29 And come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

How can you believe in Christ and not do what He says?
You can trust in Christ alright...He will judge those that do not obey.
He will judge those that live lives of sin.
He will judge those that preach that being good and doing good is not the Christian way.
He will judge those that lead others astray to sinful lives and eternal damnation.
Be good and do good.

Reactions: Cooper

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And this changes "you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word" how? You have been saying you don't have to hold firmly to the word to be saved. You still haven't explained how you are right and Paul is wrong.