Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarneyFife @Brakelite @Phoneman777

the PROMISE of God has Come and the law of Moses has faded away = a NEW Covenant now Rules Supreme

Exodus 20 with the 10 Commandments are Governed in CHRIST as they reside in CHRIST and are not an entity of it's own.

CHRIST is the fulfillment of the law for all who believe - those who do not believe this always seek to return to the law.

Romans 3:20
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 10:4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

There is no 4th commandment given in the New Covenant except in CHRIST

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

You said that John 3:16-18 is the CENTRAL declaration of MESSIAH being the 7th Day of REST for the Jewish people and the whole world.

'
IT IS NOT THERE AND ALL OF THE MULTIPLICITOUS CASUISTRY IN THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO PUT IT THERE.
'

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to try this quote thing. I never have much luck at it.

Do you really believe that Jesus blessed, sanctified, and made holy the 7th day? Do you rest in that truth, do you trust in that truth, do you rest in the promise of blessing that comes from acknowledging the authority of God over you in respect to honouring the holiness of that day?
Yes, the seventh day is the day Jesus was buried in death. That death is and was witnessed and fortold about through the Feast of the passover. I respect that day, but I don't "keep" it, because it is no longer an event to come, but one which has already passed.
Without it, there would be no resurrection and no salvation. I believe in both the promise and the blessing which is provided. And I also respect the Jews for keeping it to show us when that very day should occur.
People do teach that any day in seven is okay. Others teach that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath. Still others teach that every day is a Sabbath because they 'rest every day'. But none of those ideas... Not one of them... Comes to us with any more authority than man's word.
Man created the names of the days of the week according to their gods. God himself numbered them, 1st through 7th of the week, 30 days in a month, and I believe 360 days in a year. Or otherwise known as a course, or a cycle.
I'm not sure which month but every four years I believe another month was added somewhere around the month of Adar?
So that the agriculture would stay aligned with the seasons.

I believe the Sabbath is more a place than a time. It is something one enters into. Kind of like a covenant or an agreement.
God swore that they would not enter into his "rest" because of their unbelief. This entering into, to me sounds like a promise itself.
As far as "resting" goes, Paul says "I die daily" . Meaning he has ceased from doing his own works according to the flesh and not walks according to the Spirit within him which is of God.
This "resting" is abiding in God and sharing our daily bread DAILY with him.
The Word which we have comes from Jesus himself when he gave the invitation to come unto him all ye that are burdened and heavy laden and the HE alone would give us rest.
I believe He has the Authority to give this invitation to any that will recieve it.
So who are these guys?
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
The church and those that listen to his voice.
And these...?
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Same as above.

My sheep hear my VOICE.
Heb 4:7
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Rev 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Hugs

Saturday was named after the god Saturn. God said not to bow down and worship anything on the earth, under the earth, the start or moon or planets. And yet we do everyday of the calendar week made by man.
I don't have a calendar. All I know is that it's To Day.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

You said that John 3:16-18 is the CENTRAL declaration of MESSIAH being the 7th Day of REST for the Jewish people and the whole world.

'
IT IS NOT THERE AND ALL OF THE MULTIPLICITOUS CASUISTRY IN THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO PUT IT THERE.
'
@Brakelite @Phoneman777 @BarneyFife

John 3:16-18 is the CENTRAL declaration of MESSIAH being the 7th Day of REST

This is not His only declaration of this REST as it is throughout the Gospel

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matt 11:28

The LORD will always challenge you to either choose LIFE/Him or death/law.

Hebrews 4:9
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has
entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

"See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven," - Hebrews 12:25

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bettter read Exodus 16 (link), Exodus 19 (link), Exodus 20 (link), and double-check that one, Zig.
'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'
Your right Barney, my mistake. It was after 40 years that Moses saw the burning bush.
Act 7:30
And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.
I was thinking mountain when I read bush.
Sorry.

I been looking for how long between coming out of Egypt and Leaving Mt Sinai with the law in hand was.

Num 10:11
And it came to pass on the twentieth day of the second month, in the second year, that the cloud was taken up from off the tabernacle of the testimony.
Num 10:12
And the children of Israel took their journeys out of the wilderness of Sinai; and the cloud rested in the wilderness of Paran.

2022.. interesting..
20th day, 2nd month, 2nd year.

I had the timing off, but the reasoning still remains. For two years, 2 months and 20 days God spoke to them. And they kept doing things their own way.

And even after they left Mt.Sinai even with the law in hand, they still shopped around town and went after other gods, doing their own thing their own way. And God got mad and created a New Covenant.

Apparently the Law didn't work. Because none of them were made righteous because of it.
Now if they had listened to God's voice and did what he said, the world would be a much different place.
But alas, here we are. With better promises and a better hope.

I said time and again Barney, The Lord knows your heart and only he alone knows it.
Don't concern yourself with how others percieve how you do what you you do with what God gave you to do with.
FRANKLY, it's no ones business but yours and God's alone.

So maybe I am right for me and you are right for you. And either way it is God that judges what is or isn't in a man's heart to serve him.

Judge not,lets ye be judged.
And I'm not judging anyone. Simply saying what and how I believe is true according to the Gospel as I am given to hear it.

Just sharing.
Much Love
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No-No.jpg

YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH MOVING THE GOALPOSTS LIKE THAT.

IF IT'S THE "CENTRAL DECLARATION" THEN IT DOESN'T NEED THE "NOT THE ONLY' DESIGNATION.

I WANT YOU TO SHOW ME HOW IT'S THE CENTRAL DECLARATION.

3 FULL VERSES DON'T NEED THE HELP OF VERSES "THROUGHOUT THE GOSPEL" TO BE A CENTRAL DECLARATION OF A SIMPLE CONCEPT

"CHRIST REPLACES SABBATH"—3 SIMPLE WORDS—SHOW ME THEM FROM JOHN 3:16-18.

STOP THE AMBIGUITY AND CLARIFY YOUR PRONOUNCEMENT OR CONCEDE THAT YOUR CLAIM IS GROUNDLESS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently the Law didn't work. Because none of them were made righteous because of it.
It was never meant to make anyone righteous, Zig.
'
Don't concern yourself with how others percieve how you do what you you do with what God gave you to do with.
It has nothing to do with what anyone does but with what God says. I think that's worth discussing, but I don't insist that anyone participate. Nothing personal, of course, Zig. I think you know that. :)
'

'

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was never meant to make anyone righteous, Zig.
'

It has nothing to do with what anyone does but with what God says. I think that's worth discussing, but I don't insist that anyone participate. Nothing personal, of course, Zig. I think you know that. :)
'

'
Alright then,
Let's discuss.

What do these following verses say to you? How do you hear them?

Rom 7:6
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Rom 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Gal 3:2
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 3:5
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No-No.jpg

YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH MOVING THE GOALPOSTS LIKE THAT.

IF IT'S THE "CENTRAL DECLARATION" THEN IT DOESN'T NEED THE "NOT THE ONLY' DESIGNATION.

I WANT YOU TO SHOW ME HOW IT'S THE CENTRAL DECLARATION.

3 FULL VERSES DON'T NEED THE HELP OF VERSES "THROUGHOUT THE GOSPEL" TO BE A CENTRAL DECLARATION OF A SIMPLE CONCEPT

"CHRIST REPLACES SABBATH"—3 SIMPLE WORDS—SHOW ME THEM FROM JOHN 3:16-18.

STOP THE AMBIGUITY AND CLARIFY YOUR PRONOUNCEMENT OR CONCEDE THAT YOUR CLAIM IS GROUNDLESS.

@BarneyFife says: "IF IT'S THE "CENTRAL DECLARATION" THEN IT DOESN'T NEED THE "NOT THE ONLY' DESIGNATION."

This is a complete fallacy Barney as the LORD Himself makes REPEATED declarations of Himself, of the law and of the New Covenant and of things to come.

God established a BUILDING BLOCK PRINCIPAL of Scripture for His Children.

Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just drawn from the breasts?
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.” -
Isaiah 28:9-10

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Matthew 11:25-30

Since these things are hidden from you Barney, you need to run to CHRIST and ask HIM to open your eyes.
Because right now you see the 4th commandment as more holy then the LORD and you seek to place the LORD under the 4th.
You cannot serve the law and CHRIST.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright then,
Let's discuss.

What do these following verses say to you? How do you hear them?

Rom 7:6
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Rom 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Gal 3:2
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 3:5
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Hugs
Works of the law can't save, but saving grace through the Spirit can work out the law from the heart.
'

'

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spend 7 days a week with the Lord
Please don't be offended as I attempt to reason with you about this:

Think of the most intimate moments with your significant other (you know what I mean)...now imagine yourselves in that moment while you watch TV or fold laundry or change the oil in your car...do you really think a few moments offered to Him in the morning and evening with perhaps a quick prayer of thanks before meals, while the rest of the day is spent running life's grueling rat race constitutes "spending the day with the Lord"?

If that were true, there'd be no need to forcibly, deliberately, sacrificially set aside "date night" for couples where no distractions are allowed - not kids, the job, mobile phone, to-do list, etc. The Sabbath is a 24 hour "date day" with God where we spend it with Him, His Word, gathering with His people, being about "our Father's business" doing ministry or outreach which the demands of life's rat race deny us the opportunity during the rest of the week.

God had to curse the ground "for man's sake" so that he'd be too busy working during the week to allow the devil to turn an idle mind into a satanic workshop...which is why He commands us to "Remember the Sabbath day" memorial to His creation which He established before sin entered the world - so that we could remember how close we were before sin separated us, and how close we'll soon be once again when He finally restores all things for eternity...without deadlines, family demands, and everything else to get in our way ever again.

Reactions: Ziggy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarneyFife says: "IF IT'S THE "CENTRAL DECLARATION" THEN IT DOESN'T NEED THE "NOT THE ONLY' DESIGNATION."

This is a complete fallacy Barney as the LORD Himself makes REPEATED declarations of Himself, of the law and of the New Covenant and of things to come.

God established a BUILDING BLOCK PRINCIPAL of Scripture for His Children.

Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just drawn from the breasts?
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.” -
Isaiah 28:9-10

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Matthew 11:25-30

Since these things are hidden from you Barney, you need to run to CHRIST and ask HIM to open your eyes.
Because right now you see the 4th commandment as more holy then the LORD and you seek to place the LORD under the 4th.
You cannot serve the law and CHRIST.

THEN THE WORDS "CENTRAL DECLARATION" AS YOU HAVE USED THEM MEAN NOTHING.

AND, UNLIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ME, I WON'T BE MAKING ANY DECLARATIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU SEE OR DON'T SEE.

IT IS THE HEIGHT OF IRONY THAT MANY WHO ARE CONSTANTLY ACCUSED OF "JUDGING" RECEIVE VASTLY MORE OF IT THAN THEY GIVE.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brakelite @Phoneman777 @BarneyFife

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matt 11:28

The LORD will always challenge you to either choose LIFE/Him or death/law.

Hebrews 4:9
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has
entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

"See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven," - Hebrews 12:25

WHAT EXACTLY DOES JOHN 3:16-18 SAY ABOUT THE 7TH DAY OR ABOUT REST?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEN THE WORDS "CENTRAL DECLARATION" AS YOU HAVE USED THEM MEAN NOTHING.

AND, UNLIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ME, I WON'T BE MAKING ANY DECLARATIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU SEE OR DON'T SEE.

IT IS THE HEIGHT OF IRONY THAT MANY WHO ARE CONSTANTLY ACCUSED OF "JUDGING" RECEIVE VASTLY MORE OF IT THAN THEY GIVE.

No one is judging you Barney.

As i said before: "Some people like to gather on saturday and this is Great"

What you do not know about me is that for many years, myself with my wife and children gathered on a Friday night which is the beginning of saturday sabbath.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT EXACTLY DOES JOHN 3:16-18 SAY ABOUT THE 7TH DAY OR ABOUT REST?

If you take the time in prayer and study and prayer to compare Exodus 31:12-17 to John 3:16-18
you will SEE that they BOTH make a "choose LIFE or DEATH" declaration.

Both Exodus 31:12-17 and John 3:16-17(Gospel) do not permit any work to be done in order to obtain REST.

Only One can bring us into Eternal REST in the FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT

And we KNOW that it is not the old covenant but the NEW Covenant

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't be offended as I attempt to reason with you about this:

Think of the most intimate moments with your significant other (you know what I mean)...now imagine yourselves in that moment while you watch TV or fold laundry or change the oil in your car...do you really think a few moments offered to Him in the morning and evening with perhaps a quick prayer of thanks before meals, while the rest of the day is spent running life's grueling rat race constitutes "spending the day with the Lord"?

If that were true, there'd be no need to forcibly, deliberately, sacrificially set aside "date night" for couples where no distractions are allowed - not kids, the job, mobile phone, to-do list, etc. The Sabbath is a 24 hour "date day" with God where we spend it with Him, His Word, gathering with His people, being about "our Father's business" doing ministry or outreach which the demands of life's rat race deny us the opportunity during the rest of the week.

God had to curse the ground "for man's sake" so that he'd be too busy working during the week to allow the devil to turn an idle mind into a satanic workshop...which is why He commands us to "Remember the Sabbath day" memorial to His creation which He established before sin entered the world - so that we could remember how close we were before sin separated us, and how close we'll soon be once again when He finally restores all things for eternity...without deadlines, family demands, and everything else to get in our way ever again.
Well, I have to admit Phoneman777, I have somewhat of an advantage over most people.
I am not married. I am single and live alone.
I don't have a job that I have to leave my residence as I am disabled.
I have no children at home, unless you consider my 89 year old father a child... sometimes.
I don't live on the hamster wheel.
The Lord has blessed me so that I can spend 24/7/365 with Him.

I know the world is a rat race, I lived in it a long time ago. I watch it from time to time unfolding on the internet.
I don't watch tv. I have my food and medicine delivered.
Right now the only time I leave the house is to visit dad in the hospital and I believe that's covered under the the Sabbath according to
Isaiah 58.
Matthew 25: 35-40

I live a very simple life Phoneman777.
I am blessed.

The world has made things so difficult and so demanding. Sometimes you have to come out of Egypt and wander in the wilderness to get your perspective in order.
The Lord took me out of the rat race in 2015 and I been sitting at his feet every day since then.

Prior to that it was a struggle to stay focused on the Lord. Family, job, daily life. The world always pulling at you in several directions.
One day I couldn't walk anymore. I got a blockage in my main artery. I can walk about 100 feet before I need to stop and rest.
In today's go go world, I can't keep up.

Some may see it as a curse, I see it as a priveledge and a blessing.
I have 2 focuses in my life and they are both my Father and my father.
And the Lord is always with me when I spend time with both.

As long as the Lord is in your heart and in your mind, you are never seperate.
He knows this.
And the world will do everything in it's power to make it as difficult for you to do what you believe you must do.
So do it with Joy and Peace in your heart. No matter what day or what hour or what minute you can escape from the world.
All He wants from you is for you to keep him in your thoughts as often as you find the time.

I have all the time in the world. I don't have all the frills and the conviences as those who have to interact with the world.
I don't go to events or restaurants or even a church.
My church is in my house with The Lord myself and my dad, and the friends I have here in this forum.
And I spend all of my time spending time with all of you.

Paul was in prison for most of his ministry writing letters to the churches.
Sometimes I feel like Paul. But not in the negative sense, as if I am imprisoned. But rather I have entered into an early retirement where I can be a Mary instead of a Martha.
Even though sometimes taking care of dad Martha is necessary.
But it is a joy and not a job. He's my dad.

Eph 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )

In 2015 the doctors gave me a year to live. So I am redeeming the time as much as in me is humanly possible, other than a few naps I catch here and there. lol

You got to do what you got to do. And if you can only set aside one day fully devoted to the Lord, then by all means do it with as much rigor and love in your heart as humanly possible.

Hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is judging you Barney.

DON'T BE RIDICULOUS. YOU SAID:

(WHICH IS A LOT LIKE SAYING "YOU HATE FILET MIGNON BECAUSE YOU LIKE POPCORN," BTW)

I DON'T TAKE OFFENSE AT THE OBVIOUS OFFENSE BUT WHY DON'T WE JUST CALL THINGS WHAT THEY ARE? HOW COULD THIS BE SEEN AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN ACCUSATION OF IDOLATRY?

I DON'T REGARD THE 4TH COMMANDMENT ANY MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER 9. UNFORTUNATELY, NO ONE IS CLAIMING WE SHOULDN'T AVOID MURDER, IDOLATRY, ETC., SO I HAVE TO ADDRESS THINGS AS THEY HAVE COME TO BE.

If you take the time in prayer and study and prayer to compare Exodus 31:12-17 to John 3:16-18
you will SEE that they BOTH make a choose LIFE or DEATH declaration.

SO, AGAIN, WHAT EXACTLY DOES JOHN 3:16-18 SAY ABOUT THE 7TH DAY OR ABOUT REST?

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777 - "If you refuse to keep the 4th commandment which says WORK the first six days and REST the 7th day, you prove you're not a NC Christian no matter how high you raise the praise in church."

There are two ways to keep the 4th commandment:
a.) under the law = Exodus 31:12-17
b.) under MESSIAH = John 3:16-18
Actually, there's only one way, which is so simple, a child can understand it: "...but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it thou shalt do no work".

See? Simply lay aside work, focus on God, the brethren, our "Father's business".
If you attempt to keep the 4th commandment under the law, you will die in your sins as no work and no fire is permitted under the penalty of death.
By that logic, if I keep the 1st commandment and refuse to worship Satan, I will suffer the penalty of death.
If you place your trust in the FINISHED Work of God thru the LORD Jesus Christ, then you will find REST for your soul and all Eternity.
How else can a man keep the commandments, unless he put his trust in Him? The righteous can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13 KJV) while the wicked can't keep God's commandments even if they wanted to (Romans 8:7 KJV).
Any attempt to ADD to the FINISHED Work of CHRIST leads to death = RCC and all religions Any attempt to go back and submit to the law of Moses will also result in eternal death.
Let's lay aside the bulldookey, and call a spade a spade:

Everyone knows the OSAS crowd knows none of us considers obedience a commodity of exchange we desire to compete with grace, but that obedience is merely the outward evidence which results from the inward choice to accept grace (1 John 2:3-4 KJV).

However, the OSAS crowd will never admit this because to admit that obedience is evidence that salvation has been obtained is to admit that the lack thereof - and the justification of that lack being the entire raison d'etre of OSAS - is evidence that salvation is yet to be obtained.
Where did God place the 10 Commandments? = Inside the Ark of the Covenant = which is CHRIST
The Holy Spirit writes the Ten Commandments on the heart of every NC Christian (1 Corinthians 3:1-3 KJV) (Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV) --- which means those who fight against them only serve to prove that their hearts are as tightly closed off to the entrance of the Holy Spirit as is the Biden admin to decency, truth, and common sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DON'T REGARD THE 4TH COMMANDMENT ANY MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER 9. UNFORTUNATELY, NO ONE IS CLAIMING WE SHOULDN'T AVOID MURDER, IDOLATRY, ETC., SO I HAVE TO ADDRESS THINGS AS THEY HAVE COME TO BE.
Even murder itself was enhanced.
Jesus said if you even hate your brother without a cause you have commited murder in your heart.

You don't have to actually kill someone with a weapon, all you have to do is hate them.

BOY is this world in a heap of trouble.

I believe that is what Jesus did. He magnified the law.
If you take the 10 commandments and forget about actually doing them physically, but even contemplating them in your heart, your guilty.

There's a lot of people that go to church each week but God isn't in the building. He isn't even in half the people attending.
Because no sooner is it the next day they forget everything they learned the day before and become as nasty as they was before they went in the first place.

How does that honour God?

Jesus took the physical law and applied it to our hearts and minds. It's spiritual.
The law of the spirit is above the law written in stone.

I keep hearing: no one is above the law.. if they only knew what they were saying..

Hypocrites. The world is full of hypocrites. All ages, shapes and sizes. From the least to the greatest.

I believe the law is intended to be used as a mirror to reflect on one's own life. And see if it lines up with what God intended us to be.

I don't believe it was intended to be used against others, although it was because everyone was righteous in their own eyes.

Only God is the judge. And only God can read the hearts and minds.

But hypocracy is so blatant in the world today. Ye shall know them by their fruit.
And this world got a lot of rotten figs, that's for sure.
But God will sort it out.

Jer 24:3
Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

Mat 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The Lord will sort it out.

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarneyFife @Brakelite @Phoneman777

the PROMISE of God has Come and the law of Moses has faded away = a NEW Covenant now Rules Supreme

Exodus 20 with the 10 Commandments are Governed in CHRIST as they reside in CHRIST and are not an entity of it's own.

CHRIST is the fulfillment of the law for all who believe - those who do not believe this always seek to return to the law.

Romans 3:20
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 10:4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

There is no 4th commandment given in the New Covenant except in CHRIST
The only difference between the OC and the NC is where the Ten Commandments are written. God still expects us to obey - unless we're now free to worship Satan, bow down to images, blaspheme the Lord's name, sleep with another man's wife...

...which makes one wonder how in the world a true Christian could ever get to the place where he believes he can get a 10% discount on the Ten Commandments, or catholics with that sweet 20%? The answer is "step by step following after false pulpit prophets"...;)