Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DON'T BE RIDICULOUS. YOU SAID:

(WHICH IS A LOT LIKE SAYING "YOU HATE FILET MIGNON BECAUSE YOU LIKE POPCORN," BTW)

I DON'T TAKE OFFENSE AT THE OBVIOUS OFFENSE BUT WHY DON'T WE JUST CALL THINGS WHAT THEY ARE? HOW COULD THIS BE SEEN AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN ACCUSATION OF IDOLATRY?

I DON'T REGARD THE 4TH COMMANDMENT ANY MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER 9. UNFORTUNATELY, NO ONE IS CLAIMING WE SHOULDN'T AVOID MURDER, IDOLATRY, ETC., SO I HAVE TO ADDRESS THINGS AS THEY HAVE COME TO BE.

SO, AGAIN, WHAT EXACTLY DOES JOHN 3:16-18 SAY ABOUT THE 7TH DAY OR ABOUT REST?

That is not a judgment unto death or harm but it is a call to understanding what the Purpose is that God gave to the 4th and Exodus 31
AND that if we elevate/worship that commandment above CHRIST then we have not understood the New Covenant of Grace.
No one can attach the old covenant law to the FINISHED Work of God in Christ, who is the New Covenant.
the LORD says: "No puts old wine in New Wineskins or they burst(death)"

Just as Moses and the law was the CENTRAL Declaration to the Israelites, so also is CHRIST the CENTRAL Declaration of GOD to us

John 3:16-18 is this CENTRAL Declaration of God
1.) of the Salvation of God
2.) of the REST of God
3.) of Eternal Life
4.) of eternal Death for NOT Resting on God's Sabbath Rest which is CHRIST

CHRIST is:
a.) the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world
b.) the LORD who spoke to Moses in the fired UP bush that did not burn
c.) the ROCK that followed the Israelites
d.) the Ark of the Covenant
e.) the Mercy Seat where He appeared to Moses and where CHRIST now sustains us = read Hebrews
f.) the Law of God
g.) the Grace of God
h.) the Truth of God
i.) the WAY of and to God
j.) the Resurrection
k.) KING of kings
l.) LORD of Lords
m.) MASTER
n.) the DOOR
o.) the Great Shepherd of our souls
p.) the PRESENCE and PURCHASE for our Entrance into Glory
q.) the TEN Commandments in Fulfillment AND they Reside in CHRIST = the Ark of the Covenant

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have to admit Phoneman777, I have somewhat of an advantage over most people.
I am not married. I am single and live alone.
I don't have a job that I have to leave my residence as I am disabled.
I have no children at home, unless you consider my 89 year old father a child... sometimes.
I don't live on the hamster wheel.
The Lord has blessed me so that I can spend 24/7/365 with Him.

I know the world is a rat race, I lived in it a long time ago. I watch it from time to time unfolding on the internet.
I don't watch tv. I have my food and medicine delivered.
Right now the only time I leave the house is to visit dad in the hospital and I believe that's covered under the the Sabbath according to
Isaiah 58.
Matthew 25: 35-40

I live a very simple life Phoneman777.
I am blessed.

The world has made things so difficult and so demanding. Sometimes you have to come out of Egypt and wander in the wilderness to get your perspective in order.
The Lord took me out of the rat race in 2015 and I been sitting at his feet every day since then.

Prior to that it was a struggle to stay focused on the Lord. Family, job, daily life. The world always pulling at you in several directions.
One day I couldn't walk anymore. I got a blockage in my main artery. I can walk about 100 feet before I need to stop and rest.
In today's go go world, I can't keep up.

Some may see it as a curse, I see it as a priveledge and a blessing.
I have 2 focuses in my life and they are both my Father and my father.
And the Lord is always with me when I spend time with both.

As long as the Lord is in your heart and in your mind, you are never seperate.
He knows this.
And the world will do everything in it's power to make it as difficult for you to do what you believe you must do.
So do it with Joy and Peace in your heart. No matter what day or what hour or what minute you can escape from the world.
All He wants from you is for you to keep him in your thoughts as often as you find the time.

I have all the time in the world. I don't have all the frills and the conviences as those who have to interact with the world.
I don't go to events or restaurants or even a church.
My church is in my house with The Lord myself and my dad, and the friends I have here in this forum.
And I spend all of my time spending time with all of you.

Paul was in prison for most of his ministry writing letters to the churches.
Sometimes I feel like Paul. But not in the negative sense, as if I am imprisoned. But rather I have entered into an early retirement where I can be a Mary instead of a Martha.
Even though sometimes taking care of dad Martha is necessary.
But it is a joy and not a job. He's my dad.

Eph 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )

In 2015 the doctors gave me a year to live. So I am redeeming the time as much as in me is humanly possible, other than a few naps I catch here and there. lol

You got to do what you got to do. And if you can only set aside one day fully devoted to the Lord, then by all means do it with as much rigor and love in your heart as humanly possible.

Hugs
Wow, how blessed are you of God!

However, my point still stands...you may spend "a large portion" of everyday with God because of your privileged situation, but the fact remains you don't "spend everyday with God" in the way He asks us to spend "the Sabbath day" with Him, which is laying aside all work, and focusing on Him.

The man with a lot of responsibility needs the total Sabbath rest of the seventh day as much as the one with very little to do during the week.

Seven days of work without a Sabbath rest makes one "weak" ;)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only difference between the OC and the NC is where the Ten Commandments are written. God still expects us to obey - unless we're now free to worship Satan, bow down to images, blaspheme the Lord's name, sleep with another man's wife...

...which makes one wonder how in the world a true Christian can ever get to the place where he believes he can get a 10% discount on the Ten Commandments (catholics get that sweet 20%). ;)
AMEN

The TEN Commandments are no longer on the 'Outside' if you are in Christ.

Furthermore the 10 Commandments Reside in CHRIST who is our Ark of the New Covenant

Since CHRIST is both LORD of the Sabbath and the LORD who created it for His Glory = HE is not subject to the sabbath but the Sabbath is subject to HIM.

HE did not create the man for the sabbath but the sabbath for man = SEE

The old covenant has served it's purpose which was to bring us to CHRIST.

Now that it has been fulfilled by CHRIST, it is NO LONGER in use and has EXPIRED.

Therefore the LORD Jesus Christ never commanded or reiterated the 4th EXCEPT as it pertains directly to HIM who gave it.

AND this Glorious TRUTH is right in the CENTER of the Gospel = Mark 10:17-21

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit writes the Ten Commandments on the heart of every NC Christian (1 Corinthians 3:1-3 KJV) (Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV) --- which means those who fight against them only serve to prove that their hearts are as tightly closed off to the entrance of the Holy Spirit as is the Biden admin to decency, truth, and common sense.
I think it's deeper than that though. There is something lacking.

Mar 10:17
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Mar 10:18
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Mar 10:19
Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
Mar 10:20
And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mar 10:21
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mar 10:22
And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

If the young man had been observing all the commandments since his youth, then what more was needed?
Wasn't he already following the Lord?

Now this exchange between Jesus and the young man happened even before Jesus told the disciples what was going to happen in Jerusalem.
So how would the young man even know what he meant by, take up the cross.

We know what it means because we have the whole story. But what would this mean to someone before the crucifixion?

When Jesus spoke concerning all that he had to go and sell and give to the poor, the young man had great possesions in the earthly sense.
But was Jesus speaking earthly or spiritually?

Luk 12:16
And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
Luk 12:17
And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
Luk 12:18
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
Luk 12:19
And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
Luk 12:20
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luk 12:21
So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Charity... he lacked charity.

Hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT EXACTLY DOES JOHN 3:16-18 SAY ABOUT THE 7TH DAY OR ABOUT REST?
We can say "belief in Christ" means to "rest in the bosom of Christ while believing He's paid our sin debt".

Sadly, the OSAS crowd inflates this to "rest on the bosom of Christ while driving fresh nails in His hands and feet".

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy @Phoneman777 @BarneyFife @Brakelite

Mark 10:17-21 = THIS is the Glorious Truth at the CENTER of the Gospel along with John 3:16

Your FULL ATTENTION is Required = LOOK and SEE

How many commandments did the LORD Jesus speak to the young ruler?

SIX commandments = Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

What was the 7th Commandment that the LORD spoke to the young Ruler?

7th Commandment = Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow ME.

SIX commandments and a NEW Commandment which is the 7th

Notice that CHRIST left out the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the 4th

HE did this on purpose so that we can SEE and behold the GLORY of God in Person

The other Four Commandments is in CHRIST who was speaking to the young Ruler.

When we obey CHRIST, HE fulfills all Ten Commandments in us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN

The TEN Commandments are no longer on the 'Outside' if you are in Christ.

Furthermore the 10 Commandments Reside in CHRIST who is our Ark of the New Covenant

Since CHRIST is both LORD of the Sabbath and the LORD who created it for His Glory = HE is not subject to the sabbath but the Sabbath is subject to HIM.

HE did not create the man for the sabbath but the sabbath for man = SEE

The old covenant has served it's purpose which was to bring us to CHRIST.

Now that it has been fulfilled by CHRIST, it is NO LONGER in use and has EXPIRED.

Therefore the LORD Jesus Christ never commanded or reiterated the 4th EXCEPT as it pertains directly to HIM who gave it.

AND this Glorious TRUTH is right in the CENTER of the Gospel.
How exactly do you reason that we are not to keep the commandments that are written on our heart? If we're not to obey them, why not just erase them instead of writing them?

Because everything the Bible says about the character of God it says about the Ten Commandments - that's why. To have the "mind of Christ" is to "walk even as He walked". If one refuses to obey the 4th commandment, he walks not as He walked - but when Christ is on the throne of the heart, we'll absolutely walk His walk - the walk of obedience, according to Romans 8:1 KJV.

Reactions: Brakelite

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How exactly do you reason that we are not to keep the commandments that are written on our heart? If we're not to obey them, why not just erase them instead of writing them?

Because everything the Bible says about the character of God it says about the Ten Commandments - that's why. To have the "mind of Christ" is to "walk even as He walked". If one refuses to obey the 4th commandment, he walks not as He walked - but when Christ is on the throne of the heart, we'll absolutely walk His walk - the walk of obedience, according to Romans 8:1 KJV.

We MUST obey the Ten Commandments = Full explanation in Post 686

But NOT under the old covenant = day of the week

Which is why the LORD never reiterated the 4th commandment EXCEPT as it points to HIM.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the young man had been observing all the commandments since his youth, then what more was needed?
Wasn't he already following the Lord?
Look closely and you'll see that he didn't profess to observe "all" the commandments since his youth...only the ones Jesus named...which didn't include the tenth.

He wanted to show the young man that his love of money was greater than love for others - and not fit for heavenly citizenship.

Sadly, those who refuse to keep the Sabbath show they don't love Jesus enough to spend the time He has set aside for us with Him, and prove they are equally unfit for heavenly citizenship.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We MUST obey the Ten Commandments = Full explanation in Post 686

But NOT under the old covenant = day of the week

Which is why the LORD never reiterated the 4th commandment EXCEPT as it points to HIM.
There is no spiritual Switzerland...are we obligated to keep the 1st commandment, or are we at liberty to break it?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

However, my point still stands...you may spend "a large portion" of everyday with God because of your privileged situation, but the fact remains you don't "spend everyday with God" in the way He asks us to spend "the Sabbath day" with Him, which is laying aside all work, and focusing on Him.

The man with a lot of responsibility needs the total Sabbath rest of the seventh day as much as the one with very little to do during the week.

That was the purpose for God giving Israel his Sabbath in the first place. They had just been freed from Egypt which gave them no such rest at all. You could say they lived in the world of rat races.
When God freed them they were no longer under their taskmasters. They were free to follow the Lord wherever he led them. Day and night.
The only commandment God gave them to test them to see if they would would listen to him or not, was the Sabbath day.

It was a test to see if they would LISTEN.

Exo 16:4
Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

This is the same thing that happened in the garden with Adam and Eve. It was a test.

The Lord placed cherubims and a flaming sword to prevent access to the tree of life because they disobeyed him.
The Lord swore in his wrath that they would not enter into his rest because they disobeyed him.

If you do not confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour, your not getting into heaven.

Jesus is the tree of life, he is the Sabbath, he is the way, the truth and the life.

This is the same thing that happened with the young man that said I have kept all the commandments since my youth, and Jesus said, take up the cross and follow me, but he chose not to go.

Following the Lord wherever he leads supercedes the commandments. You can keep them all but if your not following him where he tells you go, your not going to get there.

Jesus is the Law.

The Law is spiritual.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just showing you a different perspective.

It's not about a day, it's about a way of life.

Give us this day our daily bread, except on the Sabbath when we won't find any.

Jesus is the bread of life. He is our daily bread.

Today is what? Sunday. And you are here breaking bread in this forum.
Everyday there is a feast laid upon the table and we all come in one by one, sit down to eat and chew on what everyone has to share.
There is not one day different than or above or below another. Every day is the same.
Sometimes you might not be able to be here and other times you may spend more time than you normally would.
The important thing is that the table is never empty. There is never nothing to find.

Unlike on the Sabbath day the the Lord told the children not to go out because they would not find any manna on that day.
Jesus, the manna sent from heaven, we eat EVERYDAY.

The problem with the "work" issue, isn't about daily tasks. It's about being drawn away of your own desires that have nothing in common with the Lord and his ways.

The bible refers to them as "works" of the flesh.

Gal 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Sa 8:7
And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
1Sa 8:8
According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

All the works which they have done since the day I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day.

What works?

Deu 31:29
For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

See Galations above.

This is prophetic:

Exo 23:12
Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

Mat 12:9
And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
Mat 12:10
And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
Mat 12:11
And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
Mat 12:12
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
Mat 12:13
Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

It is lawful to do well (work) on the Sabbath days.
What is not lawful is to not do well on the Sabbath days.

Is there any day that it is ok to not do well?

But God gave man 6 days to screw up everything he had made. And on the 7th day he came to heal it.

6 days you go do your thing, but on the 7th day, your going to do it my way.

6000 years we been destroying eachother with lies and wars and thefts and hatred.
But when the thousand years shall come that ushers in all peace and we all come to the unity of faith,
then we truly will have entered the Lord's Sabbath day.

You can be there today. Just repent from doing your own works (lying stealing hating backbiting gossipping wrathfulness, etc.
Just stop doing the work of your own hands and let Jesus be your hands and let his work flow through you.
And what are those works?
To tend the garden and bare much fruit.

Jhn 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

what fruit?

Gal 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Just because you live in a fast paced rat raced world, doesn't mean you can't still tend the garden.
But doing the works of your own hands that which are of the flesh, will only bring forth thistles and thorns and your life will become unedible.

The Law is Spiritual.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Six days of the works of the flesh is why the world is in the state is in today.
The world needs a spiritual awakening.
It's coming.

Your idea of "work" and God's spiritual law of "work" is two entirely different things.

"Laying aside all work, and focusing on Him"

1Pe 2:1
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

It's not about your day job.

Hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look closely and you'll see that he didn't profess to observe "all" the commandments since his youth...only the ones Jesus named...which didn't include the tenth.

He wanted to show the young man that his love of money was greater than love for others - and not fit for heavenly citizenship.

Sadly, those who refuse to keep the Sabbath show they don't love Jesus enough to spend the time He has set aside for us with Him, and prove they are equally unfit for heavenly citizenship.
@Phoneman777 says: "Sadly, those who refuse to keep the Sabbath show they don't love Jesus enough to spend the time He has set aside for us with Him, and prove they are equally unfit for heavenly citizenship."

Those who believe saturday remains as God's REST is still under the law and the consequences of it.

Let Exodus 31:12-17 be your truth and may you reside under that.

As for us who have the REST of God on the inside, where HE wrote it on circumcised hearts, we have PEACE with God.
No man and no religion and no day of the week can ever take away what CHRIST fulfilled in our spirit, heart, soul and mind.
We have a Eternal Place of REST, in Heaven at the Right Hand of God where the 7th DAY is Seated.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the purpose for God giving Israel his Sabbath in the first place. They had just been freed from Egypt which gave them no such rest at all. You could say they lived in the world of rat races.
When God freed them they were no longer under their taskmasters. They were free to follow the Lord wherever he led them. Day and night.
The only commandment God gave them to test them to see if they would would listen to him or not, was the Sabbath day.

It was a test to see if they would LISTEN.

Exo 16:4
Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

This is the same thing that happened in the garden with Adam and Eve. It was a test.

The Lord placed cherubims and a flaming sword to prevent access to the tree of life because they disobeyed him.
The Lord swore in his wrath that they would not enter into his rest because they disobeyed him.

If you do not confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour, your not getting into heaven.

Jesus is the tree of life, he is the Sabbath, he is the way, the truth and the life.

This is the same thing that happened with the young man that said I have kept all the commandments since my youth, and Jesus said, take up the cross and follow me, but he chose not to go.

Following the Lord wherever he leads supercedes the commandments. You can keep them all but if your not following him where he tells you go, your not going to get there.

Jesus is the Law.

The Law is spiritual.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just showing you a different perspective.

It's not about a day, it's about a way of life.

Give us this day our daily bread, except on the Sabbath when we won't find any.

Jesus is the bread of life. He is our daily bread.

Today is what? Sunday. And you are here breaking bread in this forum.
Everyday there is a feast laid upon the table and we all come in one by one, sit down to eat and chew on what everyone has to share.
There is not one day different than or above or below another. Every day is the same.
Sometimes you might not be able to be here and other times you may spend more time than you normally would.
The important thing is that the table is never empty. There is never nothing to find.

Unlike on the Sabbath day the the Lord told the children not to go out because they would not find any manna on that day.
Jesus, the manna sent from heaven, we eat EVERYDAY.

The problem with the "work" issue, isn't about daily tasks. It's about being drawn away of your own desires that have nothing in common with the Lord and his ways.

The bible refers to them as "works" of the flesh.

Gal 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Sa 8:7
And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
1Sa 8:8
According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

All the works which they have done since the day I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day.

What works?

Deu 31:29
For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

See Galations above.

This is prophetic:

Exo 23:12
Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

Mat 12:9
And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
Mat 12:10
And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
Mat 12:11
And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
Mat 12:12
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
Mat 12:13
Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

It is lawful to do well (work) on the Sabbath days.
What is not lawful is to not do well on the Sabbath days.

Is there any day that it is ok to not do well?

But God gave man 6 days to screw up everything he had made. And on the 7th day he came to heal it.

6 days you go do your thing, but on the 7th day, your going to do it my way.

6000 years we been destroying eachother with lies and wars and thefts and hatred.
But when the thousand years shall come that ushers in all peace and we all come to the unity of faith,
then we truly will have entered the Lord's Sabbath day.

You can be there today. Just repent from doing your own works (lying stealing hating backbiting gossipping wrathfulness, etc.
Just stop doing the work of your own hands and let Jesus be your hands and let his work flow through you.
And what are those works?
To tend the garden and bare much fruit.

Jhn 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

what fruit?

Gal 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Just because you live in a fast paced rat raced world, doesn't mean you can't still tend the garden.
But doing the works of your own hands that which are of the flesh, will only bring forth thistles and thorns and your life will become unedible.

The Law is Spiritual.

Hugs
I appreciate your perspective, and agree that the "rest" is not limited to merely a "day", but indeed a "way".

And...just as water baptism is the outward expression of our inward decision to die to self and be made alive in Christ, so the weekly Sabbath rest is the outward expression of that inward rest we have in Jesus, seen in Hebrews 4:9-10 Lamsa's Peshitta:

"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath. For he that has entered into His rest, he has ceased from his own works, as God did from His".

We show the world that our spiritual rest is in our Creator and Redeemer by resting outwardly every Sabbath day from our own literal, daily, productive work as God did when He reached the end of Creation Week ;)

Last edited:
  • Love

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Six days of the works of the flesh is why the world is in the state is in today.
The world needs a spiritual awakening.
It's coming.

Your idea of "work" and God's spiritual law of "work" is two entirely different things.

"Laying aside all work, and focusing on Him"

1Pe 2:1
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

It's not about your day job.

Hugs
Actually, my idea of the kind of "work" from which we are to rest is the same kind of "work" from which God rested, but what kind was that? By process of elimination, we can rule out:

1. "rest from works of sin" - because God has never sinned.
2. "rest from trying to earn salvation" - because God doesn't need saving.
3. "rest in the Savior" - because God Himself is the Savior

Therefore, the only "work" from which God rested was His "literal, daily, productive work" during Creation Week, and if we're to rest on Sabbath from our work "as God did from His" - that can only mean resting from our literal, daily, productive work performed on the first six days, as well. ;)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your perspective, and agree that the "rest" is not limited to merely a "day", but indeed a "way".

And...just as water baptism is the outward expression of our inward decision to die to self and be made alive in Christ, so the weekly Sabbath rest is the outward expression of that inward rest we have in Jesus, seen in Hebrews 4:9-10 Lamsa's Peshitta:

"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath. For he that has entered into His rest, he has ceased from his own works, as God did from His".

We show the world that our spiritual rest is in our Creator and Redeemer by resting outwardly every Sabbath day from our own literal, daily, productive work as God did when He reached the end of Creation Week ;)
"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath. For he that has entered into His rest, he has ceased from his own works, as God did from His". - Hebrews 4:9

"Since there remains a Sabbath Rest", it is obvious that this is not speaking of saturday since they already have that
under the law. And the book of Hebrews is about CHRIST being BETTER then the law including saturday.

And since you believe it to be saturday, then there remains a Sabbath Rest that you have not yet entered into.

"For he that has entered into His Rest, has ceased from his own works, as God did from His." - Amen

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who believe saturday remains as God's REST is still under the law and the consequences of it.
Not so, friend.

Seeing that in Hebrews 4:9, the Textus Receptus has "apoleipo" which is correctly translated "remaineth" - which is why the KJV translates the verse, "There remaineth therefore a rest (Sabbatismos) to the people of God".......

.......and that the Peshitta goes one step further with "qym" which not only means "remains" but also means "valid" ("valid" meaning "legally binding due to having been executed in compliance with the law") which is why Lamsa correctly translates the Peshitta verse, "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath".......

.......and that the Sabbath commandment is among the Ten Commandments that God writes on the heart of every NC Christian (2 Corinthians 3:1-3 KJV).......

.......no NC Christian who loves Jesus and keeps His commandments (John 14:15 KJV) is under any condemnation of any law, seeing that he walks not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1 KJV).

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so, friend.

Seeing that in Hebrews 4:9, the Textus Receptus has "apoleipo" which is correctly translated "remaineth" - which is why the KJV translates the verse, "There remaineth therefore a rest (Sabbatismos) to the people of God".......

.......and that the Peshitta goes one step further with "qym" which not only means "remains" but also means "valid" ("valid" meaning "legally binding due to having been executed in compliance with the law") which is why Lamsa correctly translates the Peshitta verse, "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath".......

.......and that the Sabbath commandment is among the Ten Commandments that God writes on the heart of every NC Christian (2 Corinthians 3:1-3 KJV).......

.......no NC Christian who loves Jesus and keeps His commandments (John 14:15 KJV) is under any condemnation of any law, seeing that he walks not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1 KJV).

MESSIAH is the Sabbath REST that "remaineth" for the people of God.

The Jewish people were given the law which clearly states in Exodus 31:12-17 what the sabbath rest is.
The Author of Hebrews NEVER once talks about the saturday sabbath.

Since there is another Sabbath Rest that "remaineth" this declares LOUD and CLEAR that it is not saturday.

The Author(Holy Spirit) of Hebrews does, in FACT, identify precisely what the REST that "remineth" is.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”

This is where you are currently = trusting in religion and law keeping versus the REST of God thru JESUS CHRIST

And this is why the LORD gave to them Exodus 31:12-17 which you are under.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Since there remains a Sabbath Rest", it is obvious that this is not speaking of saturday since they already have that
under the law.
Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV absolutely refers to the seventh day Sabbath, so please stop trying to spiritualize that away by convoluted reasoning which makes no sense. These two verses plainly state it's our duty to keep the seventh day Sabbath because those who are resting inwardly in Christ are to demonstrate that by resting outwardly every seventh day from our daily work "as God did from His".

In other words, keeping the Sabbath is EFFORTLESS Christian evangelistic outreach to a pagan world attempting to obtain salvation by works.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MESSIAH is the Sabbath REST that "remaineth" for the people of God.
Messiah is our reward...does that mean we can start robbing banks?

Messiah is our truth...does that mean we can start telling lies?

Messiah is our faithfulness...does that mean we can take the neighbor's wife?

Messiah is our lifegiver...does that mean we can start taking life?

(The fact that Messiah is all these things does not grant us liberty to break His commandments.)